Josh's Sideshow Star Wars Review Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wasnt arguing against his opinion or his review I was merely highlighting that by setting the scroes so high, it will create problems for future reviews.

I tend to agree. Of course, people have different ideas about how review scores should work. Is a "10" indicative of a perfect figure, or just the top range of what Sideshow has given us so far in the Star Wars line?

You would then just have to set it too 11 :rock

spinal-tap.JPG

Hey look everyone!! Its the Yin and Yang of the Freaks board in the same thread!!

They have brought balance to the Force!!

Sorry guys, I'm in a jovial Christmas spirit which translates into happy sarcasm and b*ll busting!!! :rotfl

That bobbleheaded monstrosity would get a 2 if I was reviewing it. The head throws off the entire figure.

I wish you did have reviews. You're so succinct and you're descriptive poetic prose is a joy to read. I'll treasure each and every observation you make---

always.:inlove

But to be serious for a moment-- a good review Josh.
I'd take off one point on packaging simply as I really liked the original style and have not been a big fan of the 30th packaging. Everything else I'm in pretty much total agreement-- it's a great figure to have in hand and pictures don't do it justice--having said that you were accurate on its deficiencies (particularly outfit and paint job).

Well done. And Happy Festivus everyone!

Well, with the box I really like both and have been happy with both. Since these are so collector friendly I cant help but rave about them. The rest of the figure though is very up and down which hopefully I covered well enough.

Well, with the box I really like both and have been happy with both. Since these are so collector friendly I cant help but rave about them. The rest of the figure though is very up and down which hopefully I covered well enough.

The boxes are definitely collector friendly-- I guess we got spoiled with the original style (I really like posing those ones behind the figs-ie Kit and Mace). Anyway, good review. I'll have some thoughts on the Obi/Anakin dio after tomorrow.:D

Thnx! I look forward to seeing what your thoughts are on that piece. Its really one of the best pieces I own.

Wow....For once I totally agree with your review score :monkey3 :clap

Sideshow did :rock this figure hard!!

I was really hoping to read "I served myself a nice helping of ice cold crow and I was never so happy to eat something fowl in my life."

I was really hoping to read "I served myself a nice helping of ice cold crow and I was never so happy to eat something fowl in my life."

I thought I put something to that effect in there but yeah I should have if I didn't.

With this one I hoped people would like the little quotes I put in with the review.

Personally, I'd have gone 9 on clothing and paint. It's a great figure, but his shirt being ribbed for her pleasure and too thick hurts the look, a thinner, smoother material would have been more accurrate and helped the silhouette look closer to Alec, and overall the paint was nice but the white highlights on the sideburns and mustache are a bit to mechanical and not natural looking, the goatee came out good though.

Back