Josh's Sideshow Star Wars Review Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow very helpful. I like how you breakdown everything so well. It gives me better insight on what figs to get first. got my anakin exclusive yesterday and i must admit the lil hologram of sidious is cool. Also got my darthvader anakin exclusive and just love the sith eyes and awsome base!!!:lsvader

Thanks! I want to make sure those reading it can get the info they want quicker from my thoughts, and I also like to add the little character bio at the top. Just kind of blends together nicely. :)

Finally got around to getting my Yavin Luke review up on the first post of this thread. :)

Thanks! :duff I almost gave it a 7.5 overall but thought the overall positives helped make it an 8.

GREAT reviews. I really like the way you have them done. This was the same type of format I was shooting for with a few reviews I did on other 'sites...but I don't have the savvy to pull it off as well as you did.

I differ in one very small area of critique.

On ALL of the figures, past, present and future, I give MUCH less credit for likeness to the sculpt. There is a lot of leeway that can be afforded to the sculpt that the paint can make up for. I think Freaks' forums is replete with proof that a good paint app can allow ANY of the sculpts offered so far, to look like the actors.

Heck...I have mentioned before that I saw a Hasbro Obi-Wan Kenobi (ANH) repaint that look nearly as good as the new Sideshow one.

Also...we see nearly every time that the production figures do not have quite the likeness that the protos do. There is no doubt in my mind that this is more due to the masked paint apps compared to the hand painting of the protos than to the loss of detail after the 2nd molding and casting.

To me it is like...the sculpt brings the likeness to the ballpark...the paint app finds it's seat.

Thank you!! I really appreciate that. I'm trying to get better with my reviews and I do honestly try to be as unbiased as I can. I've read a lot of Mr. Crawford's reviews to try and get better and even the break down of how I do things came from him. I consider his the best reviews I've read on the net.

Do you ever give anything a grade lower than 8? And the pictures are such bad quality... Why even bother?

(now you know what it's like)

My exclusive and regular Asajj reviews have been posted for anyone that would like to read them. :)

Josh nice review and not as biased as some of the others.

However you do have a typo :

The Exclusive as I said comes with BOTH heads while the regular comes with just the Realistic portrait.

:D

Gotta fire JDad as the review checker guy then. :lol

I don't feel I'm ever that bias but I can understand where some feel that way. My spin on things is just a little different.

My Bespin Luke Skywalker reivew is up. I really like this figure its really 4 me a top notch figure.

Back