Premium Format Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Joker PF (updates first post)

Not too worried about this one. This piece sets the pace for the entire DC line.

:exactly:...:goodpost:....Dont forget this is first DC Character from SS.......its must have one not to mention

Last edited:

:horror:horror:horror You're canceling this and other for the Batman 1:1 Bust? :horror The bust is nice but you'll regret the Joker. He'll get ya laterz! You're warned, LOLZ.

Haha, just kidding. Would never cancel this piece. I will never be able to forgive myself for a very LONG time if I cancel the Joker.

Not too worried about this one. This piece sets the pace for the entire DC line.

That's true and it's a great piece to kick the line off with.

But I have three words for you...Rogue Premium Format. I hope Sideshow has their Quality Assurance under control after what happened with Rogue.

That's true and it's a great piece to kick the line off with.

But I have three words for you...Rogue Premium Format. I hope Sideshow has their Quality Assurance under control after what happened with Rogue.

I think Rogue just validated whoever jumped ship from the Jim Lee X-Men PF line after Cyclops came out. The Marvel line has become extremely hit and miss. Some of those comiquettes they are releasing seem just like shovel ware to just release something. DC license is the new Marvel license at Sideshow.

I am sure Sideshow is trying to show DC that they made a good decision giving them the license. Look at the talent they are assigning to the first few pieces: Gore Group and Andy B.

I think Rogue just validated whoever jumped ship from the Jim Lee X-Men PF line after Cyclops came out. The Marvel line has become extremely hit and miss. Some of those comiquettes they are releasing seem just like shovel ware to just release something. DC license is the new Marvel license at Sideshow.

I am sure Sideshow is trying to show DC that they made a good decision giving them the license. Look at the talent they are assigning to the first few pieces: Gore Group and Andy B.

Marvel was for awhile the premier line for SS. Those days seem to be over. I hope the new DC line doesn't suffer the same fate.

I'm really hoping this line stays tops.

Marvel was for awhile the premier line for SS. Those days seem to be over. I hope the new DC line doesn't suffer the same fate. I'm really hoping this line stays tops.

I don't know that those days are necessarily over but more in a different phase. Marvel still gets a lot of love and while pieces recently have been hit or miss, the ones that hit are really stupendous. I think the issue has been that a lot of the popular characters have been already done and obviously the changes from having something really solid to something lighter which allows for more breakage.

I think you will see DC pay a lot more attention to SSC and vice versa, mainly because DC has been dealing with constant criticism about DC Direct and SSC has been chasing this license openly for almost 10 years. I mean look at Ultron which had a 5 month lead time from order to production and The Joker which was orderable in what August? Won't be shipping until July? Almost a year shows they want to get it right. I believe that as far as SSC is concerned they want both Marvel and DC to be the belles of the ball and once this line is up and running in all of the various spots (PF, 1:6, 1:1, etc) I'm sure you'll see them really giving some TLC to Marvel.

The question is whether that will be too late.

Ultron proves my point regarding shovel ware. It's a piece that keeps the flow of Marvel product coming with little thought put behind it from concept to final execution of the production piece.

Do a well executed Thanos PF. Do a Hawkeye that comes out stunning. I see that level of care with DC. When I see it in Marvel it feels like a fluke rather than the norm. I agree that by the time they realize this it may be too late.

Ultron proves my point regarding shovel ware. It's a piece that keeps the flow of Marvel product coming with little thought put behind it from concept to final execution of the production piece.

Do a well executed Thanos PF. Do a Hawkeye that comes out stunning. I see that level of care with DC. When I see it in Marvel it feels like a fluke rather than the norm. I agree that by the time they realize this it may be too late.

Ohh boy, its getting hot over there (Ultron thread), LOL. Gonna have to skip some of em posting. I can't keep up....too old for this! :thud:

I agree, you can clearly tell the quality difference from the earlier pieces vs the crap they are churning out now. Ultron is a prime example.

However i have high hopes for black widow PF, if this turned out to be another dud, i am done with their marvel license.

Was kinda hoping this would be held off till June for my bank accounts sake, hoping come it's release though I'm not hoping they held off till June for other reasons :panic:

Looking forward to getting this. My first SS piece since last Spring.

Back