Joker cutoms, and modification thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you guys might like this numo is making an interesting joker sculpt.

numo joker2.jpg

Numo joker.jpg

Is it just me or does it seem kinda disrespectful for people to keep posting there joker heads when they know they are recasts?

I think you giving a good point here but because so many people into this hobby, there will be lots of different people ideas regarding to recasting, licensing and all.
In my opinion, because of the creations especially by the artists who start the projects at the first time, we have so many options to choose but after time, they have to deal with recasting because people cannot afford or disagree with such prices or the original is sold out long time ago.
So basically it is all depending on us. Like MJ choi's head, I will go for genuine one because I respect the maker and I respect my painter (which is by different artist, I believe as same as Chad's). As a matter of fact, am going for two genuine heads and going with the same painter. All of these for my personal collection and I love MJ collaboration with the painter and I love figures in limited numbers because I can keep them for long time.

But for some people who are looking into hobbies and toys perceptions, they buy recast, study on it and do on their own, even make them better. Then they will forget about it. That is why we have a pioneer and creator terms :D
Nothing wrong with it.

And again, it is like if you buy a painting, either you buy expensive painting because you love the artist's works and its limited then for you to keep for long time (who knows you can sell it someday), or you buy the counterfeit one such as poster and hang it to your living room and can be changed anytime you want because it is only a poster.

So all depending on our ideas looking to the subject.
Well, afterall, it is a hobby, so depending on us how we appreciate our figures is that as an art or a toy. Both are not wrong.
Just my ideas guys. Keep up this thread because all of you done great jobs! :D

However, the MJ Choi head painted for $300 (I think that was the price?) looks like this...(dunno which poor soul ending up receiving this one)

However, the MJ Choi head painted for $300 (I think that was the price?) looks like this...(dunno which poor soul ending up receiving this one)

I am not into MJ paint but I heard that the painting for mob is much better than intro. My friend got intro scene (as you stated poor soul?), but from certain angle, he got a great beautiful lookin intro joker painted by MJ.
So this because of the lighting, I believe. When you close up and too much lights, you will get pale and unpleasant result for any figures. You can see from the suit also, it is certainly not DX11, I think it is DX01 or DX11 fake suit but the pic make the quality way lower than that.
Just my opinion.

Hey guys hoping someone can help me out please?

Basically I bought one of those eBay knock-off Joker heads months ago and now I have finally attached it to my DX11 figure. Only problem is that when I glued the hair onto the head a small part of the glue has left a smudge mark on a bit of the exposed hair and I was wondering what would be the best colour of paint to get to match his hair?

Thanks.

Here's my custom. It's the knockoff DX11 set, the ToyzStudio grenade rig, with the head painted/haired and suit weathered by Mus_musculus.

Back