Joker cutoms, and modification thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is my custom Joker

Sculpt MJ Choi
Paint-Rahmier84
Jacket-Kato
f0420b8a65deb95e51380a68312bf954.jpg

c298e20922864238e07fcecc72ebffed.jpg

28d76513dcad29a4b4c7e8e60c440218.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

really like your video review of this grail mate, and that kato coat is totally very nice touch. i did tried to contact jacob thou after seeing your photos LOL
and too bad he's schedule really tight untill dec can wait to have this on my collection. this is the best HS after adam's joker in my opinion. congrats having this masterpiece mate.

Dye it with Rit black dye, then use some dry brushed acrylic paint for the weathering white for makeup and a mix of grey and brown for the dirt/sleeves

So this may be a stupid question but did you rinse the jacket after you stuck it in the dye? And how long did you keep it in there like 30 seconds?

So this may be a stupid question but did you rinse the jacket after you stuck it in the dye? And how long did you keep it in there like 30 seconds?
I did not rinse it..maybe just a bit of squeezing the excess liquid out then blowdrying it. I threw it in the dye for few seconds only, just counted to 10 and took it out.

I did not rinse it..maybe just a bit of squeezing the excess liquid out then blowdrying it. I threw it in the dye for few seconds only, just counted to 10 and took it out.

Thanks man. Ill give it a go.

For you guys asking about weathering, Tamiya makes these little weathering kits that are really easy to use and stick well but can also be washed off if your not satisfied with the end result. They come in a variety of colors little 3 packs and have a variety of colors like dirt, mud, rust, etc. I've used these and also drybrushing and the result looks about the same to me.

One more question for you buddy. How much dye did you use and how much water did you add (if any) to dilute it?

One more question for you buddy. How much dye did you use and how much water did you add (if any) to dilute it?
Man, i didn't really measure any of it out but id say 1/4 if a bottle of dye and 4-5 cups of water in a standard size cooking pot.

Man, i didn't really measure any of it out but id say 1/4 if a bottle of dye and 4-5 cups of water in a standard size cooking pot.

Yeah I figured you probably eyeballed it. Yours turned out nice though and I don't want to **** up a $300 piece from Kato. Thanks for all the details brother.

Yeah I figured you probably eyeballed it. Yours turned out nice though and I don't want to **** up a $300 piece from Kato. Thanks for all the details brother.
No problem man, and yes I was pretty nervous about doing it as well

Bought on ebay recast all known Sculpt from MJ Choi. For me, not enough :wink1: likeness with Heath Ledger. I'm trying to add a little bit of his. This is still an early version, the work continues.

Attachments

• 17.JPG
    17.JPG
    120.6 KB · Views: 777
  • 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 853
Is it just me or does it seem kinda disrespectful for people to keep posting there joker heads when they know they are recasts?

Is it just me or does it seem kinda disrespectful for people to keep posting there joker heads when they know they are recasts?
Man, where in the topic title or in the first post says that it is only for the original?
I bought this sculpt on Ebay for my money, not on the street swindlers, did not steal it. What are you trying to blame me?

Jokes & Bats I do not understand you. You yourself have bought this sculpt, added natural hair and were satisfied with the result. Why do you call this ebay sculpt with cheap toys? Quality, by the way, is very good.

Last edited:
I have a BobbyC recast and I don't mind a bit. Paying over $1000 for a head is ridiculous. At the end of the day, J&B is correct. It's a toy.

I don't know how it being a "Toy" Has any thing yo do with it. So it's okay to buy a stolen toy? And I know the cost for BobbyC's Joker is high but I don't see how that warrants buying a recast

I don't know how it being a "Toy" Has any thing yo do with it. So it's okay to buy a stolen toy? And I know the cost for BobbyC's Joker is high but I don't see how that warrants buying a recast

First off, I didn't buy it, it was given to me as a gift by someone who knows nothing of this hobby. Even if that wasn't the case, I don't see the point in paying that much money for an original. It's ridiculous. That warrants buying a recast in my book. No piece of plastic will ever be worth 1K. Full figure-- maybe. Just a head? Never. Is it wrong for the recaster to profit off someone else's work? Of course, I agree wholeheartedly. He's making money off other people's work.
You can think I'm a horrible person but I haven't lost any sleep over my recast BobbyC head.

I don't have a Choi sculpt so I'll let J&B handle that himself. I don't even see the point in arguing. People will do what they want. It's his money to spend as he pleases.

Did MJ choi gain permission to use Heath Ledger's likeness when he started selling a sculpt of him?

I'm pretty sure that the representation of The Joker in The a Dark Knight is copyrighted by Warner Bros / DC / Syncopy whoever the owners of the film are.

Hot Toys have to pay for the license to an actor's likeness. Ergo, MJ Choi is a thief and has made monney illegally therefore the re casters (also thieves) shouldn't feel bad stealing from him.

Either way, I couldn't care less because all the Hot Toys' head sculpts of The Joker are terrible so I'm thankful I can actually buy one that is half decent. That being said, the MJ Choi sculpt was wrong with regards to the scars and I had to resculpt them.

People moaning about head sculpts need to chill out.

This hobby is pathetic but I love having figures from my favourite films so...meh.

Hypocrite and proud.

Did MJ choi gain permission to use Heath Ledger's likeness when he started selling a sculpt of him?

I'm pretty sure that the representation of The Joker in The a Dark Knight is copyrighted by Warner Bros / DC / Syncopy whoever the owners of the film are.

Hot Toys have to pay for the license to an actor's likeness. Ergo, MJ Choi is a thief and has made monney illegally therefore the re casters (also thieves) shouldn't feel bad stealing from him.

Either way, I couldn't care less because all the Hot Toys' head sculpts of The Joker are terrible so I'm thankful I can actually buy one that is half decent. That being said, the MJ Choi sculpt was wrong with regards to the scars and I had to resculpt them.

People moaning about head sculpts need to chill out.

This hobby is pathetic but I love having figures from my favourite films so...meh.

Hypocrite and proud.

:goodpost:

Back