John Hughes: Dead at 59

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We can also thank John Hughes for this....

kelly-lebrock-16.jpg

He wrote Career Opportunities so we can partially thank him for this too.

Jennifer_Connelly_Horse1.gif

Dear Mr. Vernon,

We accept the fact that we had to sacrifice a whole Saturday in detention for whatever it was we did wrong, but we think you're crazy to make us write an essay telling you who we think we are. You see us as you want to see us... In the simplest terms and the most convenient definitions. But what we found out is that each one of us is a brain...and an athlete...and a basket case...a princess...and a criminal.

Does that answer your question?

Sincerely yours,

The Breakfast Club

Let's cheer things up a little
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/kCqcMOB6STc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/kCqcMOB6STc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
I would have liked to have posted the Car Rental scene too, but.....:D

RIP Mr. Hughes :monkey2

Let's cheer things up a little
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/kCqcMOB6STc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/kCqcMOB6STc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
I would have liked to have posted the Car Rental scene too, but.....:D

What's wrong with the car rental scene? :monkey1

I am deeply saddened about John Hughes' death. :( He helped shape my teen years in the 1980s. Classic movies I'll always love, that made a huge impact on me like: Ferris Bueller's Day Off, The Breakfast Club, Weird Science, Sixteen Candles, Planes, Trains and Automobiles, Home Alone, to name a few of my favorites directed by him. His movies were written intelligently, and yet were both touching and entertaining at the same time. :D He's another great director that has died way too soon. :bow At 59 years-old I know he had many years of creativity ahead of him. You will be sorely missed Mr. Hughes! Teen movies were NEVER the same after your movies. I already own most of them on DVD. Godspeed John Hughes, rest in peace.

Nothing more to say than I was a mega fan growing up in the 80's as well and share my sorrow for such a great creative person.

All those movies are classics. :bow :bow :bow

(Don't You) Forget About Me.....

We will never forget you Mr. Hughes.....sad day indeed. His movies were such a HUGE part of my jr high/high school years....with The Breakfast Club being my favorite. I had a lot of good laughs from those movies....Long Duck Dong....getting high and dancing in the library....good times, good times.

just heard,so sad.
This man captured the true spirit of the 80's and the true spirit of comedy. There's a new version of planes, trains coming out soon as well, I can't watch that without really missing John Candy. This just makes it worse.

So sad.

(Don't You) Forget About Me.....

We will never forget you Mr. Hughes.....sad day indeed. His movies were such a HUGE part of my jr high/high school years....with The Breakfast Club being my favorite. I had a lot of good laughs from those movies....Long Duck Dong....getting high and dancing in the library....good times, good times.

No doubt. I have favorite directors/writers based on single films but when you talk about John Hughes you instantly have a list of favorites. Whenever I reminisce my jr. high days I always have memories of both his films and the soundtracks they came with.

Back