Action Figure Joaquin Phoenix "JOKER" Speculation Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good there sj2106...The smiling sculpt was the main reason i decided to stick with the ToysEra version. It remains to be seen if any other company will produce a smiling sculpt...if any. Then again maybe HT will surprise/shock us all and unveil a DX version with all the bells and whistles:)

The Mtoys version looks ok but as already stated the sculpt looks too old looking for Phoenix...suit too is not very accurate with the pants being too narrow (I'd rather too baggy over too narrow) and the jacket having only a single vent/slit at the back...when it should be double vented.

To me, the ToysEra and The Mtoys both have a lot of pros and cons.

I can see where people would like the Mtoys figure more since it looks a bit more like a Ledger-style Joker than a Fleck Joker -- grim face, slightly elongated jacket, narrow pants. I noticed when that TOP sculpt was posted with the smeared make-up in the style of Ledger that people immediately loved it, and I think people are subconsciously pulling Fleck into that same style in their minds.

Anyway, I've seen enough pics and videos now to see that the ToysEra heads (painted anyway) are good and I'm now more curious about what I can get out of that suit. It still looks to have the best overall coloring -- shirt and vest are very accurate colored and cut, no one else got that right -- but I fear the spongy suit might not hold shape. Still, given that its supposed to be a one-size-fits-all clown suit from a shady rent-a-clown company, its OK it if doesn't fit well... in fact, that's how its supposed to be.

Package is still either stuck in China or still being shipped to the states as the tracking information has come to a complete halt these past few days.

Looks good, thanks for the review and pictures.

If you have a spray bottle with water, you might try spraying the jacket in places where you can see if you can get some shape out of it -- for example, if you bend the elbow, you could get the sleeve to hang more naturally, and to hold a few wrinkles in the legs. I think the perfect smoothness of the outfit keeps it from looking more realistic. That said, this looks like material that might not hold a pose once it dries.

The things that bothers me most with the jacket is how far it sticks out at the front. Really noticeable side on that it wont stay close to his body. Hopefully there is a solution for that.

DSC_4203_edited.jpg

If this is a synthetic material it's going to need more than just the water treatment. It is the only thing that really bothers me about the Toys Era figure that I won't be able to fix without resorting to cutting and sewing.
I think the Mtoys is liked because of the texture, which is why most don't like the Toys Era. I'm tending to like the MToys sculpt more, but like the Toys Era figure as a whole.

I received mine yesterday. Here are 2 pictures I made. (The first picture uses the Asmus Toys The Mask hands, btw.):

Toys Era Joker 01.jpg

Toys Era Joker 02.jpg

Thank you!

All in all a decent release (for a 3rd party figure).

Summary Toys Era's The Comedian:

Positive elements:
+ sturdy body
+ The joints aren't loose which make it a lot easier to pose (and keep the pose)
+ The accessories are great.
+ Outfit: shoes, shirt and vest, especially the shirt will be hard to surpass by another company, I think.
+ easy swappable and detailed hands
+ diorama backdrop
+ The grin sculpt actually looks good enough for me.

Negatives
- The headsculpt paint app is mediocre.
- The make-up (nose, mouth and eyes) are easily scratched.
- You can't tilt the head, only rotate it.
- The spongey jacket which is hard to futz with.
- The jacket makes him look a lot bulkier than he really is.

Amazing pics, and agree with your summary. The paint app is where they miss it, but consider they are a third party company, it’s understandable.
I’m getting my TOP 004 head sculpt after tomorrow and will share some photos here, or did anyone got theirs? Would like to see some more photos..

Mines at the Chicago international distribution center. Don?t know how long I got, maybe next week.

Great pictures, Cammo! Let me know if you figure anything out in the way to pose the spongey suit material.

My status changed to "shipped". Oddly, my account still shows the PO paid but nothing about the final payment being made, but the item has shipped. Its like they didn't bother connecting the PO payment portion to the final payment portion.

But I'm very happy mine had shipped. Hope it doesn't take too long. My shipping starts with an "L" which is better than "ES" in my experience.

I've been lurking this thread for a while now, still debating what version to get, but seems like a kit bash would be the better option!

That’s one way to go. This joker is too hot, I’m seeing lots of head sculpts being release in the coming months.
And just wait for the suits....this will be like DX11 all over again!

Back