Action Figure Joaquin Phoenix "JOKER" Speculation Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TNS posted on Facebook that they're getting through the shipment and posted a pic of a bunch of cases of The Comedian.

Mine reached the UK on Sunday but is still taking it's time. :impatient: hopefully it's here tomorrow or Wednesday.

Don't know if they got a bigger shipment than they thought or from cancellations but I got my payment request from TNS. They'd originally told me I was in the March group.

I do believe cancelations have freed up more Batch #1 Jokers.

Its possible a second batch will be unnecessary.

I hope I have my Joker in time for his Oscar win.

I have no idea how the tracking for GianToy works, but I think it's left China? :lol

Also, has anyone heard if the CukeToys Joker suit has released yet? The prototype looks like it fit pretty nice, but the vest buttons look pretty ugly.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

I don't think the jacket has side vents either, at least judging by this pic.

po_1570534499_cce07d31_progressive.jpg

I paid invoice to TNS long time ago and never heard from them since. No info about shipping, nothing.

I settled up before Christmas but was something like 70 on the list so not in any mad rush.
Looking at the in hand figures I may get the heads repainted by Pete the Paint.
I've not finished the steps diorama yet so don't mind waiting.

Just ordered the bullet head deluxe figure at giantoy since it said refundable deposit. None of these scumbag companies should have nrds and collectors shouldn't be apologizing for the practice, especially when we don't know how the final product is going to turn out. Wish I had known giantoy was awesome like that a while ago, would have ordered through them for everything.

im happy i canceled my preorder for toyera and got Mtoys
should have it tomorrow from my tracking info
Still happy with the toys era. Will be nice to see in person. The head sculpt looks good on that mtoys on justin video.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Just unboxed my Toys Era Joker a few minutes ago. Overall I like it, more than happy for the money paid. Can't ever imagine using the head without makeup unless I get the alternate clothing set an Arthur Fleck figure. Both makeup sculpts look good to me but I much prefer the smirk sculpt. Also the hair seems a little longer on that one.

Heads a little undersized. Not terrible though.

Need to do something about the jacket, don't like how it sits on him out of the box. Rest of the outfit is good. Nice touch that the gun is metal. Hot Toys really need to start making their weapons metal and offering at least two sculpts with each figure.

Very quick out of the box pics, not done anything to him yet. I see lots of you talking about Futzing him so I'll be following closely for any tips on how to get him looking more like he did on screen.

TEJ2.jpgTEJ4.jpg
TEJ3.jpg
TEj5.jpg

What would be the best way to futz the jacket to get it to sit better on him? They should have probably made it a bit longer but I like the material. Will probably do a body swap when I find the right one.

Joaquin Phoenix "JOKER" Speculation Thread

I?m waiting for someone to switch out bodies to see how all that looks. If he takes a narrow shoulder body and the suit still fits the same, then I?ll do the same

Likeness on the mtoys isn't there at all. That could be any older guy painted as the joker and there would be no difference. Suit doesn't look great either

Just unboxed my Toys Era Joker a few minutes ago. Overall I like it, more than happy for the money paid. Can't ever imagine using the head without makeup unless I get the alternate clothing set an Arthur Fleck figure. Both makeup sculpts look good to me but I much prefer the smirk sculpt. Also the hair seems a little longer on that one.

Heads a little undersized. Not terrible though.

Need to do something about the jacket, don't like how it sits on him out of the box. Rest of the outfit is good. Nice touch that the gun is metal. Hot Toys really need to start making their weapons metal and offering at least two sculpts with each figure.

Very quick out of the box pics, not done anything to him yet. I see lots of you talking about Futzing him so I'll be following closely for any tips on how to get him looking more like he did on screen.

View attachment 475832View attachment 475833
View attachment 475834
View attachment 475835

What would be the best way to futz the jacket to get it to sit better on him? They should have probably made it a bit longer but I like the material. Will probably do a body swap when I find the right one.

Great pictures, looks pretty decent there. Is it just me or does the smiling head look bigger than the other? Normal head looks pretty rough so I don't see myself using that at all.

Smiling sculpt is a little bigger because his jaw is lower with the mouth open and the hair slightly higher. It's easily the best of the three sculpts.

Looks good, thanks for the review and pictures.

If you have a spray bottle with water, you might try spraying the jacket in places where you can see if you can get some shape out of it -- for example, if you bend the elbow, you could get the sleeve to hang more naturally, and to hold a few wrinkles in the legs. I think the perfect smoothness of the outfit keeps it from looking more realistic. That said, this looks like material that might not hold a pose once it dries.

Back