Action Figure Joaquin Phoenix "JOKER" Speculation Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd preordered the toysera version with a small deposit, but am seriously considering forfeiting the deposit after seeing the actual product photos. Personally, I can accept that the sculpts aren't that accurate, or have paint issues. My main issue with the finishing/painting of the headsculpts are more that they are a clear step back from the promotional and prototype pictures - there's just a complete absence of skin textures as was shown previously. What I preordered was not what it seems like I'll be getting, which is disappointing

It seems as though they decided to rush the figure out to fulfil orders, but did so at some expense. Perhaps they might improve on the later batch, but seems like it'd be an injustice to those who got it first.

Yeah, they'd shoot themselves in the foot to make a better batch#2 for later buyers.

I'm still torn... he doesn't look so bad in the videos. And I've found that videos are the better way to judge a figure these days.

I'd preordered the toysera version with a small deposit, but am seriously considering forfeiting the deposit after seeing the actual product photos. Personally, I can accept that the sculpts aren't that accurate, or have paint issues. My main issue with the finishing/painting of the headsculpts are more that they are a clear step back from the promotional and prototype pictures - there's just a complete absence of skin textures as was shown previously. What I preordered was not what it seems like I'll be getting, which is disappointing

It seems as though they decided to rush the figure out to fulfil orders, but did so at some expense. Perhaps they might improve on the later batch, but seems like it'd be an injustice to those who got it first.

i canceled my preorder TNS sent me my invoice and a few hours the first inhand photos got put up..so i asked TNS to Cancel my order cause me and my buddy ordered 2 of them together. and TNS has been ignoring me, he said it will be 24 hours till i get my payment back. and its been 5 days now. im guessing alot of preorders have been canceled on this. i tried emailing him a few times as he was clearly ignoring me and i got my friend to email him and he replied with this
"Easier inquiry will be handled in timely manner, any refund or replacement inquiry will need procedure to handle, and procedure need time. If that unknown person is impatient, contact paypal."

so i opened a claim with paypal, to get my money back.

So you stand within a few inches of the figure staring at a all the time?

Personally I look at them up close when unboxing but once it's the cabinet regular viewing distance is a few feet away.

I wouldnt say inches but you can definitely casually tell a sh!++y headsculpt from a good one.

i canceled my preorder TNS sent me my invoice and a few hours the first inhand photos got put up..so i asked TNS to Cancel my order cause me and my buddy ordered 2 of them together. and TNS has been ignoring me, he said it will be 24 hours till i get my payment back. and its been 5 days now. im guessing alot of preorders have been canceled on this. i tried emailing him a few times as he was clearly ignoring me and i got my friend to email him and he replied with this
"Easier inquiry will be handled in timely manner, any refund or replacement inquiry will need procedure to handle, and procedure need time. If that unknown person is impatient, contact paypal."

so i opened a claim with paypal, to get my money back.

That's exactly what everyone should do. If you're not getting something pretty close to what's shown and want to cancel, you shouldn't be out any money. Let tns and other companies tell toys era that they need to fix that **** or they want to cancel the orders and get their money back. Shouldn't fall back on the customer, it's called business. They're a middle man for a reason. If they don't want to take that responsibility than we should be just ordering figures directly from who's making them.

My ToysEra Comedian just shipped from GianToy. I’m excited, even if it’s not great it’ll be nice having this version of Joker represented in my collection somehow.

That's exactly what everyone should do. If you're not getting something pretty close to what's shown and want to cancel, you shouldn't be out any money. Let tns and other companies tell toys era that they need to fix that **** or they want to cancel the orders and get their money back. Shouldn't fall back on the customer, it's called business. They're a middle man for a reason. If they don't want to take that responsibility than we should be just ordering figures directly from who's making them.

exactly, now TNS is keeping me and my friends money hostage basically, i don't even care if i lose the deposit i understand that part
but to refund us the rest of the money instead of keeping it hostage and ignoring us.
i have to go through paypal and wait 10 days for him to reply on there which he hasn't yet.
its simple just send back the $320 USD and keep the $50 USD deposit for both preorders, and just send the invoice to the next inline to get the figure for batch 1. in the end TNS just made and Extra $50 USD on the figures.
KG hobby is way better at this at least in the past if i want to cancel a preorder they wold use your deposit to put towards anything on their site.

There's a seven minute review video on YouTube posted by BigBreda but for the life of me I can't get it to post here, just keep getting error messages sorry.

It looks good in that video especially the creepy grinning sculpt. The coat could do with being a tad longer but the baggy pants are pretty screen accurate.

Some of you that are on the fence should wait until there's better in hand pics before deciding to cancel. When properly futzed and posed up and viewed under better lighting i think this will look pretty great...

Back