Action Figure Joaquin Phoenix "JOKER" Speculation Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly, I wouldn't expect to see any officially licensed figures, unless this ends up having serious Heath Ledger/Dark Knight like pop-culture legs (and it just might). But even then I doubt we'd see much beyond vinyl figures and the like. This film was, rather shortsightedly, never intended to be merchandised by Warners/DC due to its 'adult content'. As a result I doubt that Joaquin ever signed away his likeness as part of his deal, and as a 'serious artist' type, the likelihood of them getting him to do so after the fact for a realistic 1/6 scale figure (or other items that would require his actual likeness) seems slim, at best.

I could be wrong, but I suspect that the reason Hot Toys didn't jump on this is because it just wasn't available to be jumped on. I suspect that is also why so many bootlegs powered up so fast, because everyone could see the demand would be there, and there was money to be made.

As stated before, WB decided not to produce any merch.

But Infinity Studio is making a bust/statue... :/

Infinity Studio.jpg

I?m not sure, I actually haven?t heard of any of the people selling it. :lol I just know ebay always leans toward the buyer when something goes wrong so I don?t feel too nervous about it. I?ll probably wait until the clothing sets are actually released first before buying any of them.

The thing that bothers me about the Carnival set is that it doesn?t include his clown shoes. I wonder if anyone has ever made them in 1/6th scale before?

He didn't have the clown shoes on in the subway scene if that's anything, but yeah, I'd like them to have a 'happy' clown.

To the film, I think the filmmakers may have brought some onto themselves as far as the reverence anyone has for the character by
Spoiler Spoiler:

He didn't have the clown shoes on in the subway scene if that's anything, but yeah, I'd like them to have a 'happy' clown.

To the film, I think the filmmakers may have brought some onto themselves as far as the reverence anyone has for the character by
Spoiler Spoiler:

I don?t think he did.

They made two Leto jokers but not one of this one? I mean come on.

:lol Three Leto Jokers would you believe! Arkham, purple coat and tuxedo figures. In fairness they bought the licence to the movie when they didn't know it was going to suck. That also included Deadshot, Batman and the Harley Quinn figures so they probably did quite well off it.

I think SW looks the best as a figure. ToyEra looks like The Joker had too much food during his time in the prison.

:lol Three Leto Jokers would you believe! Arkham, purple coat and tuxedo figures. In fairness they bought the licence to the movie when they didn't know it was going to suck. That also included Deadshot, Batman and the Harley Quinn figures so they probably did quite well off it.

Well the others are fine but nobody likes Leto joker. This joker is up there with heath . They?d be stupid not to do a figure .

Technically five Leto Jokers were shown total, if you count the Jokerized Batman and the red dress shirt and silver jacket version that was displayed alongside his henchmen. :lol I’m honestly surprised they didn’t make the SWAT version as a Toy Fair exclusive to go with jail cell Harley with her book and teacup.

On the subject of the ToysEra figure - It looks fantastic in that poster replication above, pretty much dead on, but I feel like they got the “depth” of Joaquin’s face wrong on the regular and unpainted heads. When you look at the promo images showing the Arthur sculpt from different angles, his mouth looks way too sunken in, making him look much older. Maybe that could get fixed before release though?

Last edited:
Back