Action Figure Joaquin Phoenix "JOKER" Speculation Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel like HT's are not really considered 'consumer products' the same way that Infinity's statues won't be. It's a fine line, but either way the real tip off is so many 3P going for it. I had bet some guy on here $20 that HT would release a figure, but I can't find the post. He gave me a year from the movie's release, so I still have time, but I'm not as confident now.

I'm ordering the SW version if HT doesn't show up by tomorrow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I have never in my 36 years in this earth seen a film make progressives go full ****ing stupid when it comes to Joker.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/09/movies/joker-movie-controversy.html
If you haven?t seen the movie avoid the article. If you want to save brain cells avoid the article.

But this is just ****ing ridiculous.

Yeah they?ve lost their minds over this movie and I don?t quite understand. They act like it?s the most violent movie ever made. ?It glorifies gun violence? yet those same critics praise movies like John Wick. They say ?it will cause people to get violent while being the same ones previously that said video games & movies have no affect when it comes to violence. Just enjoy the movie or don?t see it. Don?t try to get it banned/removed. I hate this cancel culture BS.

Eh I'm a pretty liberal/progressive guy and that article seems ridiculous to me as well. And I'm totally baffled by most of the other criticism as well, as the movie didn't seem overly dark or violent at all. From all the talk I was expecting he'd be gunning down scores of people on the street or something, but he only kills, what, 5 or 6 people?

And I didn't get the sense that the movie was trying to turn him into a hero or someone to root for. It was just an incredibly compelling character and performance to watch is all.

Yep. The hubbub beforehand, before most had even seen it, was stupid as all get out. I'm about as liberal/progressive as they come. Which, to me, means recognizing the value in art and not trying to censor things before you even see them. That was always the other sides job when they are blaming video games and horror movies and D&D for every ill in the world. But we live in strange times. Anyway, I thought the movie was fantastic. Without Phoenix, I'm not sure it would have been as fantastic. But he is in it, so it's great.

Does anyone here have the Cuke Toys Arthur clothing set? I really want to get that with an extra body and use the Arhur head that comes with the Toys Era figure on it.

Thanks for mentioning this! I wondered if there as something out there like this for that extra head. I think having the two side by side could be really cool.

Thanks for mentioning this! I wondered if there as something out there like this for that extra head. I think having the two side by side could be really cool.

Oh yeah of course, I just found it when I searched 1/6 Arthur on eBay hoping to find something. :lol Only $45 for the full outfit with a paper bag.

ma-004a.jpg

They also have his Carnival clown costume for the same price which doesn?t look bad either.

7_1_d884dadc-3409-42ff-b02a-afba21a9b795_1024x1024.jpg

It would be awesome to use that outfit for a BD subway version.

Oh yeah of course, I just found it when I searched 1/6 Arthur on eBay hoping to find something. :lol Only $45 for the full outfit with a paper bag.

Yeah, I really like that casual look. The carnival clown suit is actually pretty cool too. But I think I'll be good with just the two.

Although I always get nervous about ordering from Ebay when the release date is so far out. But I haven't seen these yet on any sites I'm familiar with. Anyone know of reliable Ebay sellers you can trust who have it?

I’m not sure, I actually haven’t heard of any of the people selling it. :lol I just know ebay always leans toward the buyer when something goes wrong so I don’t feel too nervous about it. I’ll probably wait until the clothing sets are actually released first before buying any of them.

The thing that bothers me about the Carnival set is that it doesn’t include his clown shoes. I wonder if anyone has ever made them in 1/6th scale before?

Yea I?ll wait for top to tackle the clown outfit. I would love to display Arthur as he was in the bathroom. My favorite scene.

Not feeling the Joker sculpts on the Toys era version at all.

Oh cool, didn't know there was a clown outfit too. If I were to get a second figure it would definitely be in his subway look.

Although that set doesn't look terribly accurate, with the shirt not nearly white enough.

5023862-6273133-image-m-86_1539461802097.jpg

IMG_20191011_090112.jpg

With all these Jokers and clothing sets coming out of China, I find it hard to believe that HT is going to jump into this now saturated market.

I mean, there's now 5x Joker figure variants and 2x clothing sets. Plus these seem to be coming out before the end of the year whereas HT would be 1.5-2 years out.

With all these Jokers and clothing sets coming out of China, I find it hard to believe that HT is going to jump into this now saturated market.

I mean, there's now 5x Joker figure variants and 2x clothing sets. Plus these seem to be coming out before the end of the year whereas HT would be 1.5-2 years out.

As stated before, WB decided not to produce any merch.

Back