JND 1:6 Kojun works BATMAN ARMORY [The Dark Knight]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just want to know if the armory can be removed from that base. Does that thing even have moving parts? I wouldn't have questioned it before but after learning that they would just make bats a statue it seems like the armory could just be a static piece that can't even close.

I’d put money on it being a static piece.

I just looked and I don’t see a single photo of the cage doors closed, every shot has them opening. The trays don’t seem to fold in either. We already know the gadgets, weapons and accessories are static and non-functional. I’m sure dominishin is right.

Funny how Hot Toys’ TDKR Armory and JND’s TDK Armory are exact mirror opposites of each other. Hot Toys you get a Bruce Wayne statue, but a functional armory and Batman figure, JND you get a Bruce Wayne figure, but a static Batman and armory.

EDIT:

In the accessories section of the specs, batarangs, sticky guns, etc aren’t mentioned. Definitely static pieces. Statue

Last edited:
You can also see the green from the hair paint rubbing off onto the back of the silicone neck there in the video.

ru4G6Jr.png

The Bruce sculpt looks great though. Sounds like they're improving the suit as well, which is good to hear for those getting him. Had this been closer to $500-$600, I would have probably grabbed Bruce alone. I just don't see it being worth $1000.

47g6Iix.png

Price is too much and yeah seeing the green dandruff/paint coming off the Joker hair isn’t good. I still don't understand their reasoning for pricing this the same as their single Joker, which is fully rooted. This being $300 cheaper for the base Bruce Wayne would have made more sense. Comes with no rooted hair, only one pair of swap out hands and a bust of their inaccurate Batman suit which doesn't really make sense to display with. Do they just have the mindset that all of their figures will start at $800+? Regardless of rooted hair or not? It's really odd.

You can also see the green from the hair paint rubbing off onto the back of the silicone neck there in the video.

ru4G6Jr.png
They must have deliberately layered that green paint on the back of his neck at several different times to build it up. After all, the price for bruce is higher because paint doesn’t stick to silicone ;)

Maybe they should have just painted him with hair dye and lowered the price.

When they said they’re making improvements to the Bruce Wayne suit, I took it as they’re referring to the tailoring, which does look incredible. The wrong color and inaccurate patterns sour this release a bit for me. Sure I could throw the custom suit on this body, but for $900 USD, we should have an accurate suit and more detail in the shoes at least.

They should’ve shown off the dress shoes and the Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso wrist watch, as those are details people want to see when they’re paying $900 USD.

Sculpted hair is probably all any of these companies will give us for a Bale Bruce Wayne. At least for the time being.

InArt didn’t give Cavill a rooted hair option and they’re somewhat similar styles. Companies just don’t think they can get the short hair to have the right volume and layers for mass production, which is no easy task. Pattinson and Ledger have a messy longer hair style where perfection isn’t as much of a fine line. In time it will be doable, but not right now. Custom artists are even hesitant to try rooted hair on Bale sculpts, it’s incredibly rare.

They’re manhandling the **** out of that Ledger figure, so it’s no surprise to see the aftermath on the jacket collar. We’ve seen the movement it’s capable of, why not go over the tailored suit in a video instead, show off the suspenders, silver chain, shoes detailing, anything other than shifting the head around time and time again.

Last edited:
Price is too much and yeah seeing the green dandruff/paint coming off the Joker hair isn’t good.

ru4G6Jr.png
The green on the neck and flaking on the coat like green dandruff is really concerning. Unfortunately, it all goes back to price. That's not something anyone should have to worry about happening on a $1k+ collectible that's supposed to be top of the line, best of the best.

The green on the neck and flaking on the coat like green dandruff is really concerning. Unfortunately, it all goes back to price. That's not something anyone should have to worry about happening on a $1k+ collectible that's supposed to be top of the line, best of the best.

JND is yet to announce the one-time free hair replacement, apparently they'll offer this for each part that could go wrong.

They're really getting into Philosophy and tackling the question of how many times you can replace each part of your JNDokor figure before it's no longer the original one you purchased.

Also, given that we're seeing that flaking at this scale, it should also be worth noting that some ppl on the Facebook group have noticed some peeling on the "skin" for platinum JL Wonder Woman as well. Now, who knows what they've been doing, if anything, to cause the peeling (such as maybe getting too handsy with with lifelike statue :lol ) but you do have to wonder what's going on and what the longevity is now with stuff like this happening. I admittedly defended the ~30year they quoted from their silicone supplier, but this 1/6 Joker above and the cases I've seen of the highest priced Wonder Woman give me even more pause.

While I agree it’s not a good look,
you have to keep in mind how he’s handling it.

IMG_9072.jpeg

IMG_9081.jpeg

It’s a prototype to him, his job is to show extreme movement, that will never make something flattering. It’s similar to when reviewers go over articulation in review videos, it’s the most cringe part of a review. When someone raises the DX19’s leg up and out, bending it to no end, leaving permanent damage to the panels. I doubt he’ll handle a personal copy for his collection the same way. Atleast I won’t. I don’t grab my $1k custom Ledger sculpts by the hair like this, you’re asking for trouble.

I plan on thinning out the hair on mine as it’s too thick currently, so loose hairs and a bit of shedding doesn’t bother me much. I want mine to look like this -

IMG_8075.png

Also, given that we're seeing that flaking at this scale, it should also be worth noting that some ppl on the Facebook group have noticed some peeling on the "skin" for platinum JL Wonder Woman as well. Now, who knows what they've been doing, if anything, to cause the peeling (such as maybe getting too handsy with with lifelike statue :lol ) but you do have to wonder what's going on and what the longevity is now with stuff like this happening. I admittedly defended the ~30year they quoted from their silicone supplier, but this 1/6 Joker above and the cases I've seen of the highest priced Wonder Woman give me even more pause.

I saw those photos, looks like paint to be honest or some type of debris resting on the surface. The green here is also the paint from the hair. Silicone clings onto things, a damp Q-tip gets rid of it. Not to say they don't have QC issues they need to sort out, but I don't think that photo was one of them. With the green paint, well, I think they should dye the hair rather than paint it, otherwise it's par for the course with that much agitation of painted hair.

While I agree it’s not a good look,
you have to keep in mind how he’s handling it.

It’s a prototype to him, his job is to show extreme movement, that will never make something flattering.
For sure, I understand that. But at the same time, wouldn't you also want to show your actual and potential customers the proper way to actually handle it rather than being so rough with it to the point you have those flakes coming off that, in turn, have caused the early concern and conversation we're having right now? Instead of having positive assurance an impact, it's instead been more negative. I'm sure he could've still gotten his point across while handling it more carefully in the same way Kojun handled it in the reveal video. This was almost as bad as the one reviewer who removes the teeth, pokes at the eyes and severely squishes and distorts the faces in his JND statue reviews.

And if the hair is dyed, why is it flaking like that? I could understand strands of hair falling out from being that aggressive maybe, but small flakes? That's very odd unless the hair is painted instead of dyed, which would be a strange course to take.

For sure, I understand that. But at the same time, wouldn't you also want to show your actual and potential customers the proper way to actually handle it rather than being so rough with it to the point you have those flakes coming off that, in turn, have caused the early concern and conversation we're having right now? Instead of having positive assurance an impact, it's instead been more negative. I'm sure he could've still gotten his point across while handling it more carefully in the same way Kojun handled it in the reveal video. This was almost as bad as the one reviewer who removes the teeth, pokes at the eyes and severely squishes and distorts the faces in his JND statue reviews.

And if the hair is dyed, why is it flaking like that? I could understand strands of hair falling out from being that aggressive maybe, but small flakes? That's very odd unless the hair is painted instead of dyed, which would be a strange course to take.

Nah, it looks painted. If the last part is response to my post, I said that I think they should dye it rather than paint it. Their 1/3 Joker was also painted green, and there were green flecks dotted around easily moved by a wet Q-tip. But again, in my opinion they should dye the hair, no idea why they don't, I assume you can just paint dye on in the same manner paint is applied. Weird choice.

For sure, I understand that. But at the same time, wouldn't you also want to show your actual and potential customers the proper way to actually handle it rather than being so rough with it to the point you have those flakes coming off that would cause the early concern and conversation we're having right now? I'm sure he could've still gotten his point across while handling it more carefully in the same way Kojun handled it in the reveal video. This was almost as bad as the one reviewer who removes the teeth, pokes at the eyes and severely squishes and distorts the faces in his JND statue reviews.

Kojun definitely handles it better, but that’s because this is his artwork. Kojun loves 1:6 and has been around them for a long time. With as much time he’s spent creating this tech, he’s learned ways around his product that may prove to be a learning curve for others.

Over time you develop a love and care for them. Your first figure won’t get the same care as your latest one will, in regards to how you articulate it, futz it, etc. If you hand your collectible to a family member or friend, you’ll probably cringe at how they hold it and articulate it, because they don’t know any better or just see it as a product and not something one should be overly delicate with. Someone somewhere is going to handle their Joker the same way he’s doing here, that’s unavoidable, but that responsibility doesn’t fall on the companies shoulders.

Nah, it looks painted. If the last part is response to my post, I said that I think they should dye it rather than paint it. Their 1/3 Joker was also painted green, and there were green flecks dotted around easily moved by a wet Q-tip. But again, in my opinion they should dye the hair, no idea why they don't, I assume you can just paint dye on in the same manner paint is applied. Weird choice.
I’m not sure what approach InArt did on their Jokers hair, but when I was thinning it out, I got a good bit of green onto my fingertips along with the styling product they put in the hair.

Nah, not in response to yours. I hadn't seen your post yet.

But, the dying process depends. Some will be more liquidly wash in type like what Arthur does in Joker (though I think that's more the old school method), then there are others where it's sort of a paint-like application with a brush, but you still have the cure time with wash at the end.

Kojun definitely handles it better, but that’s because this is his artwork. Kojun loves 1:6 and has been around them for a long time. With as much time he’s spent creating this tech, he’s learned ways around his product that may prove to be a learning curve for others.

Over time you develop a love and care for them. Your first figure won’t get the same care as your latest one will, in regards to how you articulate it, futz it, etc. If you hand your collectible to a family member or friend, you’ll probably cringe at how they hold it and articulate it, because they don’t know any better or just see it as a product and not something one should be overly delicate with. Someone somewhere is going to handle their Joker the same way he’s doing here, that’s unavoidable, but that responsibility doesn’t fall on the companies shoulders.
I'm sorry man, but I have to disagree here. I've been on your side a lot when reading a lot of the JND arguments that other ppl threw at you, but this just sounds like making excuses for them. At this level of collecting, anyone, including Daniel, should have a base level understanding of how to handle it, at least at a level of being delicate considering the material. I'm pretty sure this isn't Daniel's first time handling any 1/6 scale figure, not to mention being part of the actual team making this item and having direct access to Kojun on how to handle it properly if he had questions. This screen time from the video (which wasn't a live steam) shouldn't have been his first time handling the figure if it was at all.

I’m not sure what approach InArt did on their Jokers hair, but when I was thinning it out, I got a good bit of green onto my fingertips along with the styling product they put in the hair.
InArt's was dyed but seems that it didn't cure properly or the dye they used was cheap dye that runs like human hair dyes used to in the early days. Most hair dyes these days, even over the counter ones, don't just start to wash out in the shower after the hair as been successfully dyed. Typical process for human application is you apply the dye, have a wait/cure time, wash/rinse in the shower to remove the excess but the dye applied to the hair doesn't continue to run during future washes/rinses. It's mostly bonded to the hair at that point and only need to reapply as the hair grows to show more of the natural color coming though.

I'm sorry man, but I have to disagree here. I've been on your side a lot when reading a lot of the JND arguments that other ppl threw at you, but this just sounds like making excuses for them. At this level of collecting, anyone, including Daniel, should have a base level understanding of how to handle it, at least at a level of being delicate considering the material. I'm pretty sure this isn't Daniel's first time handling any 1/6 scale figure, not to mention being part of the actual team making this item and having direct access to Kojun on how to handle it properly if he had questions. This screen time from the video (which wasn't a live steam) shouldn't have been his first time handling the figure if it was at all.

InArt's was dyed but seems that it didn't cure properly or the dye they used was cheap dye that runs like human hair dyes used to in the early days. Most hair dyes these days, even over the counter ones, don't just start to wash out in the shower after the hair as been successfully dyed. Typical process for human application is you apply the dye, wash/rinse in the shower to remove the excess but the dye applied to the hair doesn't continue to run during future washes/rinses. It's mostly bonded to the hair at that point and only need to reapply as the hair grows to show more of the natural color coming though.
I’m not making excuses for Daniel, as I don’t know him or how he treats things. But what I am saying is we didn’t see any of this when Kojun was showing it off. Should Daniel adopt Kojuns way of handling these? Definitely, but he’s a grown man and does what he pleases. Bad look for an expensive figure? Sure, but as long as he’s not doing that to my copy we’re fine. We shouldn’t just outright say it’s bad when we’re seeing just how bad the thing is being handled on video.

Howard’s not going to handle one as delicately as JC Hong, John isn’t going to handle it as delicately as Viper. Artists are very delicate with their intricate work.

Last edited:
Don't think Daniel cared about the gel or hairspray that come from man-handling the sculpt. He's showing the poseability and not worrying about the hair product. Stoked to get the Joker but price definitely hurts.

I’m not making excuses for Daniel, as I don’t know him or how he treats things. But what I am saying is we didn’t see any of this when Kojun was showing it off. Should Daniel adopt Kojuns way of handling these? Definitely, but he’s a grown man and does what he pleases. Bad look for an expensive figure? Sure, but as long as he’s not doing that to my copy we’re fine. We shouldn’t just outright say it’s bad when we’re seeing just how bad the thing is being handled on video.

Howard’s not going to handle one as delicately as JC Hong, John isn’t going to handle it as delicately as Viper. Artists are very delicate with their intricate work.
I didn’t say it was a bad product. What I said was that the flaking and dye/paint bleeding onto the neck was concerning. Given that this is a sort of first of its kind from JND at this scale, we have no gauge to say that’s its only due to the manhandling or if that will be common place regardless of how you handle it if at all. Or, if it will naturally flake with time. That’s all my comment was saying, nothing about it being a bad product. I have 2 JND statues on order, tend to like most of their products when revealed even when a lot of ppl here give them crap and I actually like this product outside of the price. I want them to succeed. But, that doesn’t mean we can’t have concerns with the information we currently have.

Maybe using the word “excuse” wasn’t accurate, but it did seem like coming to their defense when nothing I said was particularly negative. I can understand being on the defensive given how others have engaged with you recently on the matters of Jnd vs InArt, but I wasn’t trying to come at you or anyone else.

I still think that’s weak argument though. None of us had a hand in actually creating these products but, most typically know to handle them with care. There are the few that seem to still be all all thumbs, and maybe that’s Daniel. Or maybe Daniel is like the few I’ve notice that seem to not read the included instructions, especially when they ask a question on the board that is explicitly answered in the instruction booklet :lol
As “cringe” as they may be at times, at least the ppl doing the Sideshow unboxings don’t seem to manhandle the figures during those videos.

Don't think Daniel cared about the gel or hairspray that come from man-handling the sculpt. He's showing the poseability and not worrying about the hair product. Stoked to get the Joker but price definitely hurts.
I still maintain as a presenter, regardless if he cares about the hair or not, it’s his job to show the product in its best light which he did not do. The resulting conversation here, and probably in other places, is proof of that. This product is still a sort of first of its kind and with a decent amount of ppl being skeptical, you don’t want to give them more reasons to not buy. Instead, these videos should encourage you to buy the product and or calm any doubts you may have.

For someone like me who has gone back and forth on ordering at least set A just to personally see what it’s like, as I’ve said a couple times now, I’m more concerned about it after this video instead of eager to push the order button.

I agree with those points. I also agree about the hair, it needs to be dyed, painted hair isn’t the route to take. Hopefully that’s not the case here and it’s just the product making the hair appear as such.

I also agree that it isn’t wise to ever show your product in a bad light, given all of the criticism they’ve received.

Me personally, I’m actually a bit thankful to see this early on, even though I’d never push my copy to those limits, it’s nice to see it to know what we may have to watch out for.

We watched Elon Musk shatter his Cybertruck on live tv, does that make people worried their windows will randomly do the same if not provoked?

We need to keep in mind that these companies don’t see a prototype like we do, where it needs to be handled carefully as if it was our own personal copy we want nothing to happen to.

We all saw the tour of InArts office, where Viper was working on the Superman suit, he just plopped it on the table without a second thought, it’s just a sample product that can be handled freely. Truth be told, factory workers probably toss our **** around all the time in production. We remember that old lady with all of the InArt Ledger waistcoats on some random table dressing the figures. They don’t see these things like we do.

Last edited:
Back