Jedi Luke PF IMAGE Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exclusive #37 is here!

First impression
First off met me say that I am absolutely blown away by this piece! The Mark Hamill likeness is spot on and the sculpt is incredible! There is alot of detail in this piece that can easily be overlooked such as the gloved hand and the attention to detail in the base and outfit.

Pose
Now although the pose got some negative feedback from quite a few around here I must say... I enjoy the pose! It goes well with all display options. When you have him vested up with blaster in hand he appears as though he is sneaking around with his eyes fixated on a possible target. But if vesting him up ain't your style, just remove it via the Velcro on Luke's left side to display him in his full black outfit with lapel up and lightsaber in hand! This display option shows Luke's pose on the defensive, as he was facing off with Vader at the end of ROTJ. The other outfit option allows you to lower the lapel on Luke's chest via magnets inside the piece. Now although a nice option, there really is no reason to display him this way for screen accuracy unless lowering the lapel is just preferred by you. Remember, Luke's lapel was UP and NOT DOWN when he faced off with Vader. It came down later after he defeated Vader and was back on Endor. :lecture

CONS
As far as the lightsaber light up feature goes... yea, it sucks. Nothing new here as you have all heard before from other owners of this piece. Sideshow needs to do it right, or NOT AT ALL!!!
This piece would really display well with the blaster if Sideshow had included a light saber to hang from Luke's belt. He had the hook there for it... just no saber. :mad:

Overall
But anyway, I very much enjoy the look of this piece with Luke wearing his vest and holding his blaster! It's definitely the pose I'm going with until Sideshow later releases the companion ROTJ Vader premium format. For those of you who's impression of this piece is that "the pose is awkward", I think the pose will make a lot more sence once the ROTJ Vader is released and posed with Luke. I'm sure Sideshow has a GREAT little scene up their sleeves for this Luke, the upcoming Emperor and the later on ROTJ Vader. I just can't wait to see them all together!

My opinion... FIVE OUT OF FIVE STARS!!! *****

:lsvader

He didn't have his lightsaber when he was using the blaster in Jabba's palace -- it was with R2-D2. So not having the blaster is actually accurate.

I see what your saying but I have to believe that Luke, being a Jedi, wouldn't walk into Jabba's palace without his lightsaber. The idea of him doing that is absolutely absurd.

Still would have been nice to have a saber to hang off his belt.

Absurd or not, that's exactly what he did. I guess the idea was that even a Jedi would be overwhelmed if he tried to fight his way through Jabba's entire palace, so he sent the droids in ahead to smuggle the lightsaber inside, giving R2 instructions to give it to him when he needed it (if negotiations with Jabba fell through). It's probably best not to over-analyze these things, but I'm pretty sure that's the main idea.

76382_1491637576244_1393149597_31173224_2488225_n.jpg

Single handly pushing up the Asajj Ventress PF's secondary market value...

WOW, that looks awesome!!! :clap

SS really messed up what couldve been an amazing PF by screwing the light up feature and not including his cloak. I mean how hard would it have been to include a cloak like they did with asajj?? :dunno

I offered this cloak and Cathode saber with A/C plug upgrade a while back but had no takers.

Id probably go for the cathode saber, it looks great!
But the cloak, while it looks to be good material, it looks a bit small and short.
See the way the asajj cloak is quite long and flows, thats what it should look like.
I feel the hood on yours looks a bit small-ish too.
Maybe if you made the cloak a lot bigger and longer? :dunno

Ordered mine yesterday from my LCS here in Brazil. My #4 Star Wars Premium Format (others are Darth Talon, Slave Leia and Yoda vs. Clone Trooper).

Exclusive #37 is here!

First impression
First off met me say that I am absolutely blown away by this piece! The Mark Hamill likeness is spot on and the sculpt is incredible! There is alot of detail in this piece that can easily be overlooked such as the gloved hand and the attention to detail in the base and outfit.

Pose
Now although the pose got some negative feedback from quite a few around here I must say... I enjoy the pose! It goes well with all display options. When you have him vested up with blaster in hand he appears as though he is sneaking around with his eyes fixated on a possible target. But if vesting him up ain't your style, just remove it via the Velcro on Luke's left side to display him in his full black outfit with lapel up and lightsaber in hand! This display option shows Luke's pose on the defensive, as he was facing off with Vader at the end of ROTJ. The other outfit option allows you to lower the lapel on Luke's chest via magnets inside the piece. Now although a nice option, there really is no reason to display him this way for screen accuracy unless lowering the lapel is just preferred by you. Remember, Luke's lapel was UP and NOT DOWN when he faced off with Vader. It came down later after he defeated Vader and was back on Endor. :lecture

CONS
As far as the lightsaber light up feature goes... yea, it sucks. Nothing new here as you have all heard before from other owners of this piece. Sideshow needs to do it right, or NOT AT ALL!!!
This piece would really display well with the blaster if Sideshow had included a light saber to hang from Luke's belt. He had the hook there for it... just no saber. :mad:

Overall
But anyway, I very much enjoy the look of this piece with Luke wearing his vest and holding his blaster! It's definitely the pose I'm going with until Sideshow later releases the companion ROTJ Vader premium format. For those of you who's impression of this piece is that "the pose is awkward", I think the pose will make a lot more sence once the ROTJ Vader is released and posed with Luke. I'm sure Sideshow has a GREAT little scene up their sleeves for this Luke, the upcoming Emperor and the later on ROTJ Vader. I just can't wait to see them all together!

My opinion... FIVE OUT OF FIVE STARS!!! *****

:lsvader

,,,,a review with no piccies,,,,way to half ass it!!!!!!! :clap

you really think that would add to the value of the review? There are already tons of pics out there.

Id probably go for the cathode saber, it looks great!
But the cloak, while it looks to be good material, it looks a bit small and short.
See the way the asajj cloak is quite long and flows, thats what it should look like.
I feel the hood on yours looks a bit small-ish too.
Maybe if you made the cloak a lot bigger and longer? :dunno

If I can find more material I'll see what I can do.

I think the cloak looks better with the hood down. Otherwise, with this pose, it makes him look like he's sneaking around, rather than turning to face an attacker or whatever.

The addition of the cloak looks beautiful!

I was super pumped about this piece, but overall they chose a shoddy pose for such a grand statue. Jedi Luke's always been my favorite and I was so bummed to see this pose.

I personally didn't know why they did a blaster, but no cloak. The blaster made no sense given the cloak wasn't included for the ONE TIME he did use the pistol.

rotj_lunchbox1.jpg

I have a quesion for the people who have the PF. What is the diameter of the base? I'm thinking of buying the PF from a local dealer for €220,- but I'm not shure if the shelf is wide enough to cover up the whole base...
My shelf is 25cm/10" wide.

Thanks in advance guys!

Back