Jedi Luke PF IMAGE Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I truly am upset about not having an AC adapter though. I am almost certain that it was at one point, I could have sworn I looked at the sideshow specs and saw that it was battery and AC powered because I wanted to make sure I can keep this one lit up at night. Now, I looked again and it just mentions the sculture, painter, etc.

This was a big deal for me as battery on light up figures never last long. So with led usually lasting over 70k hours easily, was Hoping I could display this with lighsaber mostly turned on. I'm really upset over this. Didnt they think its stupid to constantly replace the batteries on this since its not exactly like a hot toy or something.

Anybody know if this is possible to do a cathode mod or something on this?

What the Hell Sideshow?! Geez.:(

Last edited:
I would love to see someone do a cathode mod on this. Not just for the life of the light up function, but really to fix the light up function. If it was successful I know I would try to commission them, and since the hand is detachable it would make things extra easy.

Have the PFs come with AC adapters since Vader and Obi? :dunno

I don't have Maul anymore but I don't remember him having one.

I'm seriously considering returning this.
Trust me, I'm far from being picky and in fact, teased by friends by being too optimistic. I actually get annoyed sometimes on messageboards when people complain as I feel sometimes people are just nitpicking on something. But this is not the case on this PF, I seriously believe its a huge Design flaw.

As you can tell by the EX still available, the stupid gun option is stupid as the title suggests...RETURN OF THE JEDI!!! And what is a Jedi's main weapon...a FREAKING LIGHTSABER.
But, let's not worry about that. Ok, we get a lightsaber anyway (which 99.9% of people will use to display it). Well guess what, mine is like everyone's lightsaber except we all got screwed cause Luke is armed not with a Lightsaber but a freakin Nite Glow stick...like the ones you see in halloween. Mine only lights up about .25 inches from the hilt, and then you have that glow at the top.
And still, you cant even enjoy that little freakin glow cause you're forced to only use Batteries!!! Where's the freakin AC Adapter?!!!
So basically, you cant even enjoy that little time watching Luke's little halloween nite glow stick as you have to worry about not draining the battery.

As I mentioned, I'm optimist and this is actually the first time I'm underwhelmed by a figure. Everytime I get a new one, I usually feel like a kid on xmas but I'm so upset over this. Just look at the Sideshow Slogan on top and see the image of Luke with the lightsaber, that's a HUGE part of this figure. When I look at mine with the lightsaber turned off, its just doesnt look right...It should be like that sideshow Banner above.

I apologize for being negative. But every SINGLE figure I've received, I've been very happy. I cant' actually recall getting any figure and feel unsure about it. Heck, I even LOVE the ANH Luke and was pleasantly surprised as pics dont do it justice. Its just that Luke's lightsaber in my opinion is a HUGE factor in this ART. Its like getting a beautiful painting and instead of putting it on a beautiful frame, you display it like a poster.:monkey2

If someone has a solution to this, like a mod or something, please let me know., I thought about that cathode mode solution but even that wont work cause usually, you run the wires inside the figures clothes to hide the wires. Well, this one is sewn shut so you cant remove the clothing so that's out of the window. I'm giving it this weekend to think about it but at the the moment, I'm leaning towards returning this.

I'm not actually as upset about the weak light up feature as I am about the fact that the lightsaber hilt on my piece had a small crack, causing the top of the hilt and the blade to droop ever so slightly...my brother in law pointed it out and now I cant stop staring at it :gah: I tried to fix it, but when the hilt and blade are supposed to form a straight line, even the slightest change in angle is painfully obvious. I ordered mine through CSC so I don't know how easy it would be to get a replacement hand/saber...

I got Ex #107/700... I love it! even If the light up feature for the green lightsaber has to be improved for the future releases...

DSC_0026.jpg

DSC_0030.jpg

DSC_0031.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

DSC_0035.jpg

DSC_0038.jpg

DSC_0040.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

Displaying Luke with Vader justifies the pose. Looks pretty good, but the light-up effect on the saber is just awful. Can't understand how folks can pay for something with portions of the piece obviously flawed.

I don't use the light-up feature too much myself, it just seems kinda gimmicky IMO; but it is really poorly done, no question.

As far as the EX accessory, well it's just that - an accessory; and one he does use in ROTJ (see the Jabba sequence), though not in anyway attached to the final duel.

Each collector certainly has to draw a line for what they will pay and can afford, but for me $300 seems more than reasonable for a very nicely done PF; the downfall being a feature I seldom use anyway.

I ordered mine through CSC so I don't know how easy it would be to get a replacement hand/saber...

Never ordered from CSC (didn't want my ID stolen), but if they are anything like Razor's Edge or Alter Ego an exchange would be easy enough; and would probably just ship directly from SS to you. :exactly:

Just got my Luke as well...I'm happy with the pose and the paint but my saber wont work. I've changed the batteries, and wiggled the arm now for 15 minutes. Guess I got a broken one. :( Thought from the sounds of it I'm not really missing much with it not working. Wondering if I should return this to Sideshow.

Just got my Luke as well...I'm happy with the pose and the paint but my saber wont work. I've changed the batteries, and wiggled the arm now for 15 minutes. Guess I got a broken one. :( Thought from the sounds of it I'm not really missing much with it not working. Wondering if I should return this to Sideshow.

If the light up function is the only thing wrong with yours, it may not be worth the hassle :dunno

No point sending it back if your happy with a faulty item.:dunno

Awesome job on the paint apps, it turned out really good.

Not happy at all with a faulty item at all. :mad: This is the first time I've been unhappy getting a Sideshow item...10 years of collecting. Sorry...but the light-up feature should work. For almost 300 bucks it should work. Not very happy right now.

Meh...called Alterego to ask when mine is shipping since I haven't been charged yet. I guess this was broken up into two shipments and I am on the 2nd shipment. :gah:

Back