JAWS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jair said:
Couldn't wait till I got home, so at least opened up the outer box, ended up with #200 of #250.

The blueprints are about 22 x 17 and there are 5 sheets, one kinda of a sketch with a lot of notes an a shark that looks like the size of the Spruce Goose and the other 4 are the usual blue prints.

Box looks nice, wish I had brought my camera to work.

plus they stuck in the new Sideshow catalogue as well.

Evan

Way to go jair, get those pics up bro, be the first! :D

ok ok here we go took about 8 pictures, only going to post 4 since they are pretty big.

I tried to take one next to my aussie sheppard to give some scale but he wanted no part of Jaws :)

Enjoy!!!

Evan

IMG_0052.jpg

IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0058.jpg

IMG_0065.jpg

Wow, that looks really nice displayed, thanks Jair! :D :cool:

Love to see his jaws too! If you can...

Nope Bruce's fins are stationary, the bookshelf he sits on is a good 3 or 4 inches from the wall. A few of the pictures with the poster in the background didn't come out so well, with the age of the poster, fact I have yet to have it linen backed and the lighting, the poster comes out looking worn.

He is very big though and my wife and I are debating on getting him a pedestal or another bookshelf with a wider top.

Here are a few more shots

IMG_0066.jpg

Taz & Big Fishy

IMG_0059.jpg

IMG_0055.jpg

Thanks again Jair, love the pooch! :lol Those blueprints actually look pretty damn cool too!

Congrats to all you JAWS freaks who ordered this...:D

awesome.
finally got my shipping notice too. :D

his mouth is looking bigger than I thought. Which is good. that was the only thing I was worried about..
thanks for the pics

this is getting me ready for the Kong armature too.
2 great pieces that reflect movie making history.
good job Sideshow

Man, just an awesome piece!!!! Thank you for the pics.

I cannot wait for mine to get here. I have the regular version on order so it will be another week or so.

:)

My display has been ready for a while, waiting for Bruce to arrive!!!!

matte29mq.jpg

Impressive pictures. I just got my shipping notice and can't wait.

JAIR!
Unbelievable shots!
That one of the shark beneath your framed JAWS poster (I have it framed EXACTLY the same way, literally brought tears to my eyes!

Terrific shots!
Thanks for sharing that with us!

HUGE, wonderful box...

So, does he come one piece, attached to the base, or do you have to put him on it?
Is there any construction to do with him etc.?

Thanks for all the info so far.

:D :chew :D

Great pics Jair, can`t wait for mine to arrive. :cool:

Question: Does the maquette display on the base either way, as I wanted to display him from left to right.

Trilogy said:
Great pics Jair, can`t wait for mine to arrive. :cool:

Question: Does the maquette display on the base either way, as I wanted to display him from left to right.
it was announced shortly after the product reveal when they were updating the base that he indeed would be able to display in either direction.

But since I dont have mine yet, i cant confirm 100%

EDIT: found it
Sideshow Brant said:
One more cool new feature of this base...

We made the nameplate a separate piece, so those of you who don't like it, don't have to display it. If you like it, you can choose which side of the base to mount it on. He can be face forward, sideways, or ass backwards... whatever you like!

:chew

occulum said:
it was announced shortly after the product reveal when they were updating the base that he indeed would be able to display in either direction.

But since I dont have mine yet, i cant confirm 100%

EDIT: found it

I missed that announcement :rolleyes:, but thats good to know.
Thanks occulum. :D

You can display Jaws either way as the base has a set of grooves around the outside edges and the plaque fits into those grooves, so it can be displayed pretty much all around the base.

Bruce itself only fits one way into the watery stand, its a nice tight fit too, no wiggle room at all. The finish on the outside of Bruce is a little uneven, some areas are very smooth to the touch, others are a bit rough, like a fine grade of sandpaper, but nothing major. The eye's look a bit different then the photos, but can hardly tell the difference.

Think I am going to have to get a larger bookshelf or pedestal for him, I have the Macfarlane Jaws set as well, was hoping to somehow display that below Bruce.

I have quite a few sideshow statues from Lotr to Starwars and so far this is my favorite among them.

Evan

Back