Jason part VII shuffles home - PICS ADDED!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ...

Put the mask into realy hot water. It should go back into shape. If not bed it your self anf then flush cold water over it. It should lock into shape.

Ohh and more pics please.

I've used the hot water method before and it looks like I'll use it again. It's still a little deformed.

I also forgot to mention that sideshow gave the inside of the mask a heavy wash of paint to depict the staining from Jason's rotting flesh.

Is your Angel sword and Jason 7 hockey mask not warped Dave? it could be the heat, I've noticed the Exclusive Hellboy's soft head has become a little stiffer then when I first got him. But that still doesn't excuse Sideshow's packaging methods. Many customers live outside of California so the warping of accessories because of the packaging would be more common place then your experience.

The hockey mask is severely warped due to the pinching of the plastic tray to hold it in place. It's bowled on the right side (his right) and pushed in on the upper left side, this caused it to twist a little. I'm trying to push it back into shape, and it's helping a little.
Sideshow has to stop pinching the accessories with the tray, it also destroyed Angel's sword (a recent purchase), my figure's sword is all warped and looks ridiculous.

I have all the 12" Buffy and have never had a problem with the accessories. In fact, I have heard the opposite - people complaining about accessories loosening up in the package and not staying in their designated compartments - rather than it being too tight.

I'm not exactly sure what you would suggest to combat this problem - what could make the little pieces sit tight without squishing them at least a little and without using the annoying ties? (I'm a fan of hearing good suggestions of alternative methods when someone is unhappy with something :D ) I can't really think of anything - can't use tape because it will mess with the paint, ties would be annoying plus the way some of the accessories are shaped would not be condusive to tying... :dunno

They could use a slightly wider depression in the tray with no holding tabs to keep the items in place, with a lid that sits down over the accessory and fits into depressions in the tray surrounding the item's depression to keep the lid from shifting around or the item from slipping out, then tape the lid to the tray. Dragon uses a special kind of tape to keep the accessories in place, it's sticky only on the tips and is intended to strap over the hole in the plastic tray the accessories sit in.
I don't think that tape is the way to go, because manny of the accessories are oddly shaped and shouldn't move around.
If it is an item that could move around, just shape the lid to hold the item in place more securely but not so much that it misshapes the item. the tray would be the same type they currently use, just with a single lid to hold the accessories in place. They have in fact used this type of packaging before limited to only a few items like hats and masks.
I've had items go loose in packaging too, mostly on dragon's packaging, but Sideshow's figures don't come with as manny accessories so they shouldn't have the same problems that Dragon has.
If they are worried about the accessories slipping out of their place, then tie down the lid selectively surrounding the item with those dental floss type twisty ties, then nothing should move around.

screamingmetal you are such a babe. I love ya man, you get down. You are so undiplomomatic that I love you. Forgive me, because I am pissed. Two bottle of yellow will do that to you, but nonetheless, I will stand forth. You are so susinct. Leaves no doubt to the generalarisation that you are not delivering. You are spouting forth your opinions in such an undiplomatic way that I can not cease to admire and only consolidate your opinions. Yes, there is a better way. Realised, it is in the past tense. So Sideshow, realise it.

It does dishearten me to spout such provocation. I would rather not. Sideshow does set a standard, that is, really, beyond such provocation. It does however, provoke us. So I, with tongue in my mouth, accept that challenge. Only to enighten all, along with Ironman, that we, would if we could ( behind closed doors) That there is a lot to be desired. We both know that and, because there is no other, so acceptable, both appreciate your unending commitment to the collector. We both realise that your open ness, welcomes negativity for what it is. A justifiable commitment to the reality. Please dont despair. We only seek to jusify your unending commitment. Sideshow is the only company that seeks the collective will. Please know that. And so rallly forth, we all want, what we percieve, only you can achieve. A better conclave of figures. I see you as the only ones, in the maretplace, that can achieve these desires. Sideshow are the only company that listens and hears. The only ones that have the ablility to meet our needs. Because of your will and compliance. We are reliant on you. Our hopes are with you. Long live Sideshow. Disregard the negativity and shine on. You always have. I hope you always will.

Sorry to have been undiplomatic, forgive me, because I was delirious. Two days straight without sleep can do that to you, but nonetheless, I sally forth!
:sleep ;)

I also hate to bring it up but, I found out last night when I had some more time to examine Jason 7 that the packaging has bent the exclusive Tree Trimmer a little. :x
My intentions are not to bash Sideshow, but to improve their products so this situation doesn't happen again in the future. I like Sideshow's products so much, that I placed an order for General Ursus just last night after commenting about Jason 7. 8o

Your comments made me remove the tree trimmer from the package as I hadn't done so yet. I noticed that the pole seems to be wood - nice touch there. But I also noticed that it isn't in the package tightly at all, in fact it's held in with a twisty. Perhaps it's not the tightness of the tray that distorted your accessories, but perhaps some shifting of the box itself for a long period of time. Otherwise I can't see how the tree trimmer would be distorted too.

The pole is plastic on mine. I took a look at the package and placed the tree trimmer back in to see what happened. It does sit a little lose, but the bend in mine is exactly at the second tab from the top where the blade sits. That has to be what caused the bend, it just matches up perfectly.

I just received my Jason today and being my first 12" figure from Sideshow I am very impressed, I am not a big horror fan and actually ordered it cause my nephew is fasinated by freddy and jason so he should get a kick out of this figure. I checked my tree trimmer and the pole is plastic to me, I had no problems with warped weapons or the mask luckily. Here is a pic of mine below.

jason9ru.jpg

:google
:drool
Mine don't get here 'til the 16th either, but I wait with baited breath (getting two regulars, and an exclusive). Can someone post a pic of the tree trimmer for me, please?

Sheesh.. Second post here an' I'm gettin' all demanding...

Ask and you shall receive, here is a pic of my Jason holding his exclusive Tree trimmer. Very nasty looking :evil

jason21pm.jpg

i didnt think that was the tree trimmer, cant remeber that in the movie, oh well gotta c it again then
awesome figure tho!:bliss

Thanks!

I just got mine due to being on vacation the last two weeks. He is the best Jason yet. I don't think he needs to bulked up at all or any other version for that matter (other than pt. 3, it looks great that way). He is rotting away after all. He would be less bulky. You can see his bones on this figure so making him bulkier doesn't make much sense. Height on the other hand...

Re: Thanks!

Is that really the tree trimmer!?!!??

The tree trimmer should have been a gas powered version with a "circular" blade! That is what he used in part 7 (movie) and what I was expecting.

When will Sideshow hire me..... ;)

Back