James Gunn Fired as Director of 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3'

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The bottom line is that, better or worse, Guardians wouldn't be what it was without Gunn. It was his baby as much as anything else. So, whatever we see from here on, no matter who comes in, isn't going to have the same tone and approach. Some will probably be happy with that, but I thought his movies were fun and different.

I'm sure Gunn will be fine, though, so I'm not worried about him personally (he made Slither and Super around the time he was tweeting that way). But there is a foolish quality to Disney's behavior here, as pointed out previously. If you don't want controversy, don't hire controversial people who say and do controversial things.

Remember when EVERYONE loved Borat and it was a top film loved by PEOPLE. I remember those times well. Miss them really.

I guess I'm not everyone because I don't find deceiving people as being funny really. It's not bad when it's cute, but when it gets to the point where Cohen is now with his new Showtime show, I don't find it at all funny.

I guess I'm not everyone because I don't find deceiving people as being funny really. It's not bad when it's cute, but when it gets to the point where Cohen is now with his new Showtime show, I don't find it at all funny.

The part about the deception has started to grate on me but I was really pointing out that in the not too distant past something as irreverent and foul as Borat became a national sensation and everyone was loving it and quoting it left and right with children dressing up as him for Halloween with not a peep of outrage. But now in today's climate, make a blue joke and it's "Off with your head".

The part about the deception has started to grate on me but I was really pointing out that in the not too distant past something as irreverent and foul as Borat became a national sensation and everyone was loving it and quoting it left and right with children dressing up as him for Halloween with not a peep of outrage. But now in today's climate, make a blue joke and it's "Off with your head".

Oh I agree with that. Little girls can't even dress as Disney Princesses unless they're of the right color. If you post their pic on Facebook or whatever some people have a cow and start in with the "appropriation" BS.

I'm, at times, glad that this kind of stuff doesn't happen much around here. No one cares. Now the generations coming up.....not sure what will happen.

Good lord that woman has a terrifying face.

Did anyone stand up for Roseanne like this?
Not that I saw, though a couple of those actors didn't say anything. Instead, you had some of her co-workers distancing themselves from her, and criticizing her. Of course, one big difference is that both Rosanne and Gunn made offensive Tweets in the past. Gunn stopped, and was done in by old posts. Rosanne continued on, which was her undoing. So, you could argue that Gunn learned a lesson, while Rosanne didn't. Part of CBS's agreement with Rosanne from the get-go was supposedly that she would stop posting conspiracy theories and the like. But she violated that agreement.

I think you could make an argument that CBS over-reacted, but if you are comparing the two of them, I think Rosanne is more deserving of criticism than Gunn for that reason. Both both of them were hired on by a company that should have known the baggage those guys brought with them.

Rosanne is a moron....

Shes been self sabotaging her own career for decades....

Dunno how many time she has had to apologize for the dumb stuff that spills from her mouth.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

There may be good reasons to not miss Roseanne at all but is she genuine racist scum or just very very moronic to think she could say what she said without being thought of as racist for saying it. It would be possible to be both I guess.

I just see an awful lot of harsh labelling of people these days, often undeserved, all so as to discredit them while virtue signalling to others. As a result of this I've come to question all of it.

I like to think of it as me being optimistic about people. Maybe lets not write people off for the rest of their lives because they said something wrong once or twice.

There's a big difference between being sacked from your current job for what you said or wrote ten years ago and being sacked from your current job for what you continue to say and write today. The two aren't reasonably comparable.

Roseanne was sacked from a job, not written off for the rest of her life. People are sacked every day for a lot less than calling a black person an ape. I'd be fired on the spot if I did that. Her politics may have offended many, but hers was a straight up sackable offence regardless of who she votes for.

Rosanne post firing is at times remorseful, at times unrepentant and combative, and at times confusing and strange. Which is, I suppose, indicative of how this all happened for her. Certainly, entertainers have made worse sins and been forgiven. Look no further than mel Gibson, who has insulted every race and ethnicity under the sun, made crazy tirades against his girlfriend for not giving him a bj, etc., but he's out there working.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Rosanne post firing is at times remorseful, at times unrepentant and combative, and at times confusing and strange. Which is, I suppose, indicative of how this all happened for her. Certainly, entertainers have made worse sins and been forgiven. Look no further than mel Gibson, who has insulted every race and ethnicity under the sun, made crazy tirades against his girlfriend for not giving him a bj, etc., but he's out there working.

Gibson was exiled for a time and Roseanne will do the same. She's got a loyal following, she'll be back no doubt.

Thanks for the responses guys. To be honest, I don't have a comeback that I'm ready to totally commit to. This is why I generally stick to talking about toys

Chris Hardwick got the worst screw job in Hollywood to date...

Basically his ex says he was a controlling boyfriend, and that somehow translated into “abuse” and him fired.

Personally , I think AMC set him up so they could nullify his contract....

Last read, Chris Hardwick wasn't fired. He's just off the shelf for a few episode/appearance until a comprehensive investigation was done. And the result is he will be back soon. There is no real evidence against him. Pretty sure he didn't lose any payments.

Last read, Chris Hardwick wasn't fired. He's just off the shelf for a few episode/appearance until a comprehensive investigation was done. And the result is he will be back soon. There is no real evidence against him. Pretty sure he didn't lose any payments.

Well thanks goodness. I had not read past the initial story cause it was sickening.

Back