James Gunn Fired as Director of 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3'

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All true, they had no option. How refreshing would it have been though if...

Disney: This transgression happened ten years ago and we believe that people with an otherwise excellent standing in the community in recent years should have an opportunity to reflect on past behaviours and redeem themselves through their current words and actions - waddya reckon Gunno, are ya sorry?

James Gunn: Oh yeah, I'm sorry alright.

Disney: Great. End of.

That would have been an ideal way to end the whole ordeal.

Trust is impossible to come by in Billion dollar deals...

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

I am curious why?

They're kind of a dickish company. They've got a stranglehold on the film industry.

Not sure if you're familiar with the tactics they use against theaters who want to screen Disney movies, but they're far from an altruistic company who just want to "entertain families".

I'm somewhat concerned about the future of our society when Google, Amazon and Disney are the only companies that exist. I think competition is good for all markets, and don't think Disney absorbing every other form of media and entertainment is good for the world. I mean, you've seen just a tiny piece of what happens, just to this forum, when a corporate entity decides to flex their muscle.

Another point that I just read elsewhere that kind of illustrates my point, is that Marvel Studios should be independent, but this was Disney interfering in Marvel's creative output. What happens when Disney buys everyone out and fires people who do things that aren't 'family-friendly'. Everyone's worried about government censorship, but what happens when it's the corporations that own us, who don't allow us to say what we want?

Anyways, Lejuan and Snoopy both kind of covered a proper response to the situation.

Last edited:
Monpolies are horrible....I agree

But lets lay blame where is should be.

Walmart, Amazon, Walgreens, Spectrum, Verizon, Disney.......

These powerful companies are only this powerful because our own government allows it. And thats because the investors want it, because mergers bring huge dividends.

So, your pointing out a homogenization of business , allowed and encouraged by our representatives whom we elected.....

“How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.”
-V

If more people supported independent/local business; including films and filmmakers (before they were gobbled up by the mega-corps) then monopolization would be less of a factor. I try to buy local whenever I can, and support small artists by going to openings and buying their work.

but it's...

I I I me me me
corporate greed reality... (I actually wrote a punk rock song by the same name...)

If more people supported independent/local business; including films and filmmakers (before they were gobbled up by the mega-corps) then monopolization would be less of a factor. I try to buy local whenever I can, and support small artists by going to openings and buying their work.

but it's...

I I I me me me
corporate greed reality... (I actually wrote a punk rock song by the same name...)

Amen....but that door swings both ways. Attempted to goto a local bait and tackle store today, the store was covered in political slogans, bumper stickers and other propaganda...

I walked out .....I don’t want to hear the politics of the shop keep .....and did’t want to add my funds to his obvious political agenda. The shop up the road may have had the same political ideal, but it wasn’t broadcasting it through their business...

And this gets back to the point. Disney is comfortable with some social messaging, and not comfortable with others. I highly suggest those who disagree with their message not support them financially. It means sacrificing things however. If you cant live without your superhero’s, you will have to put up with Disneys slant.

Never really agreed with that line of thinking. I'd rather know who the *******s are, so I know to avoid their shop.

I am ok with people having their own politics.....everyone does and truth be told, if we all knew the politics of the stores we visited we probably would have alot less choice where we shop.

People can believe whatever they want....I just don’t need a sermon or social commentary when our doing my errands.

Some think talent can excuse certain behaviors. If he doesn't have the talent or capability, he would just be a bad mouth. He had plenty of time to change. And it only take a few extra step to make his behavior a reality. Not a big fan of Disney or any big company in particular but Disney did the right thing. Wonder if he got the warning before the firing; or is he the stupid rebellious type.

Some think talent can excuse certain behaviors. If he doesn't have the talent or capability, he would just be a bad mouth. He had plenty of time to change. And it only take a few extra step to make his behavior a reality. Not a big fan of Disney or any big company in particular but Disney did the right thing. Wonder if he got the warning before the firing; or is he the stupid rebellious type.

Are you aware the tweets were nearly 10 years ago?

He clearly changed his behavior since then. He even admitted as much.

He only got fired because there were right-wing activists upset that Roseanne got fired for her tweets, so they were out for retribution. So they dug into his past to dig up whatever they could. The guy got his start making gross-out 'comedies' with Troma. Disney was clearly aware of his past.

He better. There's not a lot of director position out there. Of course he can always slitter back to whatever else it is that he do.

Hmm...

DkQxfr3UUAAUtyS.jpg

994D17B7-7624-412F-BF93-C71772242C7E.jpeg

Back