James Gunn Fired as Director of 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3'

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
personally i wish all social media platforms would just be shut down. technology is meant to be helpful but social media i think has severely damaged people from empathy, compassion, decency and even knowing what is fact vs fiction. Its become a weapon to divide people from all over the world, all walks of life. We opened up pandoras box and there doesn't seem to be a way to shut it. The bad severely outweighs the good on what social media has become. Its being used against us in so many different ways, its pretty damn scary.

Unless people realize it on a massive scale and deleted ALL of their accounts, i am just afraid its just going to get far far worse than it already has.

I never had twitter, and i never will. I deleted my FB earlier this year and i don't miss it for a second.

personally i wish all social media platforms would just be shut down. technology is meant to be helpful but social media i think has severely damaged people from empathy, compassion, decency and even knowing what is fact vs fiction. Its become a weapon to divide people from all over the world, all walks of life. We opened up pandoras box and there doesn't seem to be a way to shut it. The bad severely outweighs the good on what social media has become. Its being used against us in so many different ways, its pretty damn scary.

Unless people realize it on a massive scale and deleted ALL of their accounts, i am just afraid its just going to get far far worse than it already has.

I never had twitter, and i never will. I deleted my FB earlier this year and i don't miss it for a second.

:goodpost::exactly:

That's liberal speak. They paint with such a broad stroke and label EVERYONE with such hateful titles when ONE PERSON disagrees with them. One ********* stirring up **** turns into "these".

Kind of like how "every" conservative labels "every" person in Hollywood as a pedophile?

That's liberal speak. They paint with such a broad stroke and label EVERYONE with such hateful titles when ONE PERSON disagrees with them. One ********* stirring up **** turns into "these".

im glad you liked my post, but this response by you and others is also part of the problem. Social media makes people jump on others for no reason. Especially now, people turn everything into a political battle. The past 10 years has been just getting worse and worse.

but imagine if we were all friends sitting together just talking, most of us would probably get a long pretty well because we are all on a toy forum talking about favorite movies and characters and toys. Yeah there might be liberals and conservatives on here, but who gives a crap. When it comes down to it, we probably have a lot more in common than who you voted for.

social media has made us seem like we all hate each other and that sells. it sells to the news media and they eat it up and feed it back to us.

but man, just gotta stop this bickering back n forth about who is left vs right. somehow, someday, we gotta pull out of this and get back to caring about each other and helping each other.

we don't need more problems and bickering. we need collaborative solutions and caring for one another.

Creepy.

Problematic.

TOXIC.

RACIST!!

NAZI!!!!

Dear Left,

you-keep-using-those-words-i-do-not-think-they-mean-what-you-think-they-mean.jpg

Why the hell would you even write anything that could be used against you on social media? Geez, I have plenty of things I'd like to say to people on my fb, but I'm not so stupid as to actually type it and have it on record.

Ten years ago was a different time. It's easy to frame everything we've ever done online in today's hyper-sensitive, hyper-outraged atmosphere - but it hasn't always been a case of "careful what you write, even as a joke, 'cause it might ruin your life in ten years' time".

I was annoyed but after reading them you cant change or deflect what he said is not normal and sick. He needs help if he has that midnset.

Inm saying this Disney should track back and maybe fire themselves also for the racist Aladin movie they made. Didn't he change from dark skin to white skin when he became well off in the movie? I may be wrong but its what i remember.

That happens in real life. It happened to Michael Jackson. Don’t see the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remember when EVERYONE loved Borat and it was a top film loved by PEOPLE. I remember those times well. Miss them really.

im glad you liked my post, but this response by you and others is also part of the problem. Social media makes people jump on others for no reason. Especially now, people turn everything into a political battle. The past 10 years has been just getting worse and worse.

but imagine if we were all friends sitting together just talking, most of us would probably get a long pretty well because we are all on a toy forum talking about favorite movies and characters and toys. Yeah there might be liberals and conservatives on here, but who gives a crap. When it comes down to it, we probably have a lot more in common than who you voted for.

social media has made us seem like we all hate each other and that sells. it sells to the news media and they eat it up and feed it back to us.

but man, just gotta stop this bickering back n forth about who is left vs right. somehow, someday, we gotta pull out of this and get back to caring about each other and helping each other.

we don't need more problems and bickering. we need collaborative solutions and caring for one another.

I truly do understand and really agree. Times now unfortunately have caused this current climate when too many people only have 2 stances...Defensive and Attack.

I stay the hell off social media.

I make all kinds of horrible jokes in poor taste with my friends just to make them laugh at boring days at work. They know who I am. They know a joke is a joke. I'd never, ever share those jokes with strangers.

I don't use FB, twitter, instagram, snapchat....none of it. It makes it a lot harder to meet girls, but it also keeps me relatively safe from being the next target of the moral outrage du jour.

Not being famous helps too, but not always. Dozens or hundreds of "regular" normal people's lives have been ruined too cause they said things on social media that other people don't like.

I stay the hell off social media.

Forums are considered "social media". Literally anything in the internet that allows you to interact with other internet users are considered "social media". Posts here can make you a target if someone decides to dig stuff up on you.

There's a danger, yes. But I don't use my real name and I don't post pics. And I obscure details of my life.

But you're right. There maybe enough out there for the weaponized autists of 4chan to destroy my life if they ever turned on me the way they turned on Shia's flag.

Why Mr. Green wouldn't even do it anonymously, peep are crazy. And he got a high profile career to risk stupidity. Only excuse is his account got hacked.

I was annoyed but after reading them you cant change or deflect what he said is not normal and sick. He needs help if he has that midnset.

Inm saying this Disney should track back and maybe fire themselves also for the racist Aladin movie they made. Didn't he change from dark skin to white skin when he became well off in the movie? I may be wrong but its what i remember.

You remember wrong...

That never happened in Alladin, its a common fake outrage thing on the interwebs.

Disney has plenty of racist stuff, bit most of the people who created it are long dead “song of the south” comes to mind.

BUT Gunn is alive. Always listen to what your mother told you. Never say anything you don’t want attributed to yourself.....

People really need to just STFU on social media. No one cares about anyones opinion anyway till they spout stuff like this.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Back