Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I am invested in characters and their story I will laugh my @$$ off at the stupidest most obvious humor like the whole blue button business.

This is the difference between this film and Larva and Chunder.

I thought this was absolutely amazing and was delighted to see it avoid pretty much every pet peeve "James Gunnism" of mine. No people screaming at each other all the time or unfunny jokes played way too long or sentimental scenes ruined by abrupt crude humor. Everything had it's place. And holy crap I don't think there's an MCU movie with such genuine stakes as GOTG3 outside of IW and EG. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time.

And this might be the only MCU film where I absolutely had no idea what was going to happen from one scene to the next for the *entire* runtime. And not because it was cheaply "subverting expectations" every other second but because it was so genuinely imaginative and original (to my mind anyway) that I just didn't ever know what to expect. I found it to be so imaginative in fact that I'd say it was akin to watching a George Lucas SW film, especially with such mind-boggling visuals and locales.

I totally loved it and am inclined to say it's a Top 5 MCU film for me.
Yep great movie.

I think this is a top 5 marvel for sure.

I liked it better than NWH

Best since IW.

Best of the GOTG films.

Best movie I’ve seen in theaters in the past couple of years.

Yep great movie.

I think this is a top 5 marvel for sure.

I liked it better than NWH

Best since IW.

Best of the GOTG films.

Best movie I’ve seen in theaters in the past couple of years.
I'll say Top 5 last two years but only because we've gotten such absolutely amazing films in 2022-23.

1. TGM
2. AWOW
3. TB
4. JW4
5. GOTG3

I have a feeling that the rewatchability of this will be very high though and yeah, its definitely better than NWH.

The only gag I didn't like was Peter bloating up at the end in space, it was on par for my dislike of the Pac-Man in GOTG2.

What is it with people not staying dead after freezing solid in the -273° vacuum of space? (apart from Yondu)

I'll say Top 5 last two years but only because we've gotten such absolutely amazing films in 2022-23.

1. TGM
2. AWOW
3. TB
4. JW4
5. GOTG3

I have a feeling that the rewatchability of this will be very high though and yeah, its definitely better than NWH.
That is an amazing list right there.

That’s why I thought he was going to bust out his celestial power to reverse that…

But nope lol
He lost his Ego-like abilities when Ego died but he's still half-Celestial, so I put his surviving exposure to the vacuum of space in the same category as his surviving holding the Power Stone in GoTG1.

Plus only his face was fully exposed and they could have slapped one of those magical med packs on it while we weren't looking...

Saw this the other night. Loved it. Enjoyed it much more than I did Volume 2. The Rocket Raccoon flashback scenes had me tearing up and I loved the Robocop reference. I had been thinking about the minute I saw the High Evolutionary.

Had no idea what to expect going in. I thought Adam Warlock was the main villain, was surprised throughout. Nothing will ever beat the first Guardians movie, but I really enjoyed this one. It can end here.

Saw this the other night. Loved it. Enjoyed it much more than I did Volume 2. The Rocket Raccoon flashback scenes had me tearing up and I loved the Robocop reference. I had been thinking about the minute I saw the High Evolutionary.

Had no idea what to expect going in. I thought Adam Warlock was the main villain, was surprised throughout. Nothing will ever beat the first Guardians movie, but I really enjoyed this one. It can end here.
The circle is now complete.

1. TGM
2. AWOW
3. TB
4. JW4
5. GOTG3

It might be my number 1

Never would have guessed that. Part of it is I am not as high on JW4 and TGM as you and others are but still I can’t believe how this hit all the right buttons for me.

If TB was like 20min shorter that could be #1 but I give it to GOTG

Back