James Cameron's AVATAR A.M.P. Suit Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont want to sound like a pessimist...but im predicting QC issues once the first few batches end up in hand. I hope im wrong....but I just have a feeling.

Chris

Hope you're wrong, but judging from SS's recent QC standards, I think the chances are high.

This CAN be an awesome piece, the detail and sculpt is there..here's hoping for a great paint job.

They told me if I cancel my order I would lose the $240 deposit. If I get the item shipped to me and then return it do i get that deposit back in the refund?

Yes, you get a refund if you decide you don't want it anymore.

HOWEVER, YOU pay their shipping cost from them to you, AND from you back to them.

And most likely, the shipping cost from you back to them will be double since they get some special rate.

Check their policy from Sideshow website.

They told me if I cancel my order I would lose the $240 deposit. If I get the item shipped to me and then return it do i get that deposit back in the refund?

I had to cancel this piece due to losing my job. It cost me the $240 deposit but I asked sideshow repeatedly to answer my questions and nobody ever got back with me. I hated to do it because I have looked forward to this piece for over a year. But, I was admittedly somewhat disappointed to see the production version over the proto. I was hoping for more detail based on the price.

Who knows, maybe Ill pick it up down the road for a lil less. Fingers crossed.

Well good news on my end, I ended up getting a full refund- Just lost $65 in SS points for the cancellation.

I still want the piece but I am a bit disappointed with the loss of detail in the paint apps. But still a nice piece. At this point though Im thinking maybe it should be sub $1000.

I had to cancel this piece due to losing my job. It cost me the $240 deposit but I asked sideshow repeatedly to answer my questions and nobody ever got back with me. I hated to do it because I have looked forward to this piece for over a year. But, I was admittedly somewhat disappointed to see the production version over the proto. I was hoping for more detail based on the price.

Who knows, maybe Ill pick it up down the road for a lil less. Fingers crossed.

Dont worry man, you'll get another chance at owning this thing. Im sure they will have lots sitting on the shelves when it comes time to ship.

Chris

Item arrival: 20 days
Order #: TBxxxx
Item #: 300032
Item name: Avatar Amp Suit Maquette
Quantity: 1
Unit Price: US $1,199.99
Item total: US $1,199.99
Ship cost: US $25.00

Total: US $1,224.99

in 20+ days, we will see what this thing looks like in-hand.

It's been one hell of a wait, i'm excited! (even though i didn't order).

Lightwave I am sorry to hear about the jobloss. Fingers crossed for you.

PROCESSING BEGINS: October 11, 2010
Item price: US$ 1,199.99

PROCESSING BEGINS: October 11, 2010
Item price: US$ 1,199.99

Good deal. I've got this on order over at BBTS so hopefully they'll have their shipment in sooner rather than later.

So if processing starts on the 11th how long before we actually get it?

Back