James Cameron's AVATAR A.M.P. Suit Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At least it looks massive-massively cool. If it were entirely polystone i would be afraid it would break. It was stated that it has over 900 parts to it. So This piece does have quite a bit of detail and for there to only be 500-to scan this thing from the original and spend that much time on a piece you quickly see where the price comes from. Not to mention legacy effects royalties.

img9980.jpg

img9960c.jpg

img9948.jpg

img9950.jpg

img9965.jpg

img9946s.jpg

img9954r.jpg

img9957n.jpg

img9969n.jpg

Perspective from a persons standpoint
img9931.jpg

Last edited:
the A.M.P. looks so awesome...its just Colonel Quaritch that looks like crap IMO. The A.M.P. is perfectly detailed and painted, but not Quaritch....he just looks really cheap in comparison to what he's in front of. In the pics it looks like they couldn't even paint fingernails on.

the A.M.P. looks so awesome...its just Colonel Quaritch that looks like crap IMO. The A.M.P. is perfectly detailed and painted, but not Quaritch....he just looks really cheap in comparison to what he's in front of. In the pics it looks like they couldn't even paint fingernails on.

I have to agree with that. If this is in 1/6 scale hopefuly hot toys
make a Quaritch and then you could swap it out..:D

well it might make more sense for plastic since it would be less top heavy and depending on the type of plastic less prone to breaking at fragile parts?

still wish it cost less if production cost was less.

Thats the point im trying to make though...who the hell wants to pay $1000+ for plastic:confused:
SS knows if they write that in the description it will result in many cancellations. I know I would...:monkey1
And just LIKE the 1:2 Iron man their is probably little to NO metal at all in this piece...its all advertising fluff.

Chris

Thats the point im trying to make though...who the hell wants to pay $1000+ for plastic:confused:
SS knows if they write that in the description it will result in many cancellations. I know I would...:monkey1
And just LIKE the 1:2 Iron man their is probably little to NO metal at all in this piece...its all advertising fluff.

Chris

Me.

I'd be happy to pay more for a piece that isn't as fragile as most statues nowadays.

With "IF" you can change the world!

As I said you have no proof.......

So it is useless to extrapolate.

THX you who have seen it in reality, you could touch? For you it was the resin or not?

I love this piece of nicely designed plastic. Trust me, whether you like it or not more plastic is coming your way, you can count on that my friend.

Last edited:
THX you who have seen it in reality, you could touch? For you it was the resin or not?

I've asked for permission. :lol

From I could see and feel. It's a sweet mixed media piece. I'd say don't worry about what it's made out of. What we should worry about, is the PAINT JOB. :)

Yup, I compared the paint job with the one at SDCC. This one definitely looks bad. He can easily be removed though, there's only one peg in the left foot. If it came out even worse, I'd go as far as fill up the socket and display the suit alone.

I dont understand why people seem so fixated on what something is made of (and I've seen this before on SS PF threads too).

I would go by what something *looks* like... and if it looks great? they could make it out of paper for all I care.

I dont understand why people seem so fixated on what something is made of (and I've seen this before on SS PF threads too).

I would go by what something *looks* like... and if it looks great? they could make it out of paper for all I care.

I agree with that statement

I agree with that statement

i think the main crux is the price. If it was cheaper, its not likely that people will complain.

Plastic is equated to being cheaper. Customers therefore expect that to be reflected in the price of the product.

This is esp so when the product is being mass produced in China. i guess people don't like to feel that they've been overcharged on their purchase. :monkey3

Price is usually a direct correlation to quality. Would you buy a mansion made out of paper just because it looks good? Or Would you buy one made of stone?

By the sounds of it you havent come into contact with many things that can be called quality. Theirs a reason why things cost most more than other things...
If this piece was made of pewter and then painted it would cost $4000+.....see what I mean

Chris

At last !!!!!!!!!!

From SSC :

The AMP Suite Maquette is comprised of polystone, cloth, resin, fiberglass, metal, ABS and PVC plastics and is the perfect addition to any display.

:chew

Back