JAMES BOND - Original creations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: OFFICIAL JAMES BOND THREAD

See now this is why I like coming here - sage advice about something I'd not even considered :)
I guess we'll see what colour he turns out then eh?? Meantime based on your realism comment I'm surely on the hunt for a DID...

That's Wilhelm Keitel or better known to members of those general staff as "Lakeitel" :lol, chief of the OKW. 3R makes outstanding head sculpts, unfortunately this is one that doesnt have a great likeness. It does look a bit like that dude in the pic though.

Yep, that's why i picked it up. Bernard Lee aged pretty quickly from the connery era bonds to the moore bonds as he was in poor health for the last few leading up to moonraker. 3R do have really detailed headsculpts, especially compared to the majority of the SSC bond figures. All i need to do now is break out the dremel and give the general a shave :)
I did'nt buy the whole figure boxed, just the headsculpt and a similar 3R body.

Good luck,

The problem you then face is matching the part you've shaved to the great job 3R already did.

just thinking...

image.jpg

You can see from that where the BBKill sculpt comes in, but, you have to be able to paint it as well as, if not better, than the other 2. Some of us have neither the skills or the money.

Looks suitably pale compared to Wolverine here- another tick in the TTM box...
IMG_9093685848006.jpeg

Yes, I think TTM is the way to go. But let's not forget this is the proto. Final product may be different. If you look at the Conan thread, you will see that the modern life HS doesn't match the KP body, which is hardly imaginable since it's made for it. But it's also a proto, so I imagine the final paint job will be different. And it might be the case here too!:)

And BTW, this isn't HT's Wolvie here, but ML's, so a proto too I think!

I wonder whose nose they were looking at when they created that sculpt - it wasn't Craig's. But overall it's an unmistakable likeness and one of the best we've seen.

So... I saw someone mention this would be for sale unpainted as well?

I'd really rather see that head posed on a pencil than that crazy body. ;) How much is this thing going to cost and more importantly, when will it be available? I haven't yet had my BBKill sculpt painted...

Neither have I...

The modern life is one of the better efforts of Craig I've seen. I'd have it as a quantum bond definitely. I prefer bbkill and the one a few pages back (I can't remember your username sorry mate) but I'd put this up there with the best.

The thing with the Modern Life one is that it's already painted as well as it could be by anyone else and it would cost a shedload less than any other which you'd then have to commission someone to paint. Even if Beastmaster were to offer casts, there's no guarantee that it would come out as well as you'd want it to.

Modern life wins it for me

I'd really rather see that head posed on a pencil than that crazy body. ;) How much is this thing going to cost and more importantly, when will it be available? I haven't yet had my BBKill sculpt painted...

One would imagine sometime next year, perhaps late this if you're lucky and painted sculpts are $64.

Back