Jackie Chan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Her fight with Zhang Ziyi in CTHD is one of my fav fights. Very fluid & artistic. I don't even know if she's a martial arts practitioner in real life.

God I remember when I used to drink up anything Jackie made in late 80's early 90's. I watched Police Story, Big Brawl, Meals on Wheels and Armour Of God repeatedly. I then started getting into hong kong cinema in a big way. Watched anything I could get my hands on. Some were absolute dog**** but didn't stop me from finding some positives in it all. Some hidden gems too.
Started going to cinema screenings where possible. Saw rumble in the bronx when a catonese friend of mine Kevin gave me a bootleg tape of it from hong kong. Luckily there were subtitles and some of it was english anyway. Took ages to be released overseas but it must have watched it at least 5 times in one weekend before he took the tape back. I still went to the cinema to watch it though. I also went to a midnight screening of First Strike too. It was the only showing they were going to do so had no choice.
I remember getting my hands on an early copy of fist of legend with Jet Li too. It was released by Hong Kong Legends and they even spelt his name wrong on the VHS cover (Lee). I flipping loved that time, I tried to collect as many JC videos as I could and still have them in my attic. Can't bear to part with them yet.
FYI try not to watch blu ray versions of the films. It's too clear and the camera speed is too obvious. Makes the fight scenes look like they are is fast forward most of the time. A bit of motion blur does those movies the world of good.

Don't forget Project A. I liked when Jackie, Sammo, & Yuen, were in the same movie.

project_a_1.jpg

Also, does anybody remember these guys? They were quite popular at my house when I was younger. Good times.

young-dragons-kung-fu-kids.jpg

Of course the 3 dragons films are good too. Project A actually has some funny bits in it. The comedy doesn't translate much to western audiences but project A did actually have bits I genuinely laughed at.

Yeoh is a late 90's star i think. Great actress though.

Actually she started out in the mid-80s (1984 to be exact). One of her best was 1986s In the Line of Duty (or Royal Warriors), Wing Chun is another good one, but that was '93, I believe. That woman kicked ass!

It's really not TOO bad, I guess... It's better than nothing at all! Based on the name, is it supposed to be from "Who Am I?" specifically? Because it strikes me as an older version than that.

I think I still like the Kumik Jackie the best. All of these new ones are kinda meh. If only someone could recapture that Enterbay's Jackie looks, that'd be awesome.

Took a pic of mine. Looks better in person. Details look kinda washed out here.

f1V4VpX.png

My pic above made the sculpt look a bit weird, but this video I uploaded is more accurate to what it looks like in person.

& here is a couple pics of my Kung Fu Jackie Chan bash. Sculpt is on an HT TTM22 slim body, & I had to cut the neck down on the sculpt a bit, to get rid of giraffe neck. Clothes are from Enterbay. Hands are from either EB or HT Bruce Lee.

rB5mcXv.png

BOGZkqG.png

Hmmm... this head might go well with my Rush Hour bash. Thanks for the video and pic, Lawrence.

Back