Premium Format Jack Sparrow Pirate of Caribbean on Stranger Tides Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's what concerned me in the first place.

Guess I'll never understand the need for an ES besides bragging rights really. Not trying to be rude but that's how I see it. It's nice, but could careless for an ES. My Enterbay Elvis figure has an ES and no one cares any more or any less when I say "ya know there were only 3000 of these made and I have number ####." all they see is a representation of great character/person on my shelf which is what I see. But different strokes and all that I guess

I'am picking up jessica rabbit this friday, and just saw jack on sideshow how many versions are there of this statue and do they come with 2 heads.

There are 2 versions, an exclusive which comes with a different bandana piece that allows for the look of the hat off and the along with the hat on look; then there's the regular which only has the hat on look

Guess I'll never understand the need for an ES besides bragging rights really. Not trying to be rude but that's how I see it. It's nice, but could careless for an ES. My Enterbay Elvis figure has an ES and no one cares any more or any less when I say "ya know there were only 3000 of these made and I have number ####." all they see is a representation of great character/person on my shelf which is what I see. But different strokes and all that I guess

There are 2 versions, an exclusive which comes with a different bandana piece that allows for the look of the hat off and the along with the hat on look; then there's the regular which only has the hat on look

Buying a piece at almost $400 deserves a ES, and PFs are always known for their edition sizes.

A lot of collectors like myself enjoy the exclusivity of PF EXs and Sideshow will be turning off a lot of people from this piece if they just make it open edition.

But that's what I don't get...why does it deserve an ES? Ppl talked about it for paaages in the Stormtrooper PF thread as I believe that had an open edition or at least it took forever for SS to reveal an ES. And after reading through all that I still saw nothing more than bragging to say what number you have or "know" that you have 1 out of 500 or something like that. Again we all collect for our own reasons I totally get that...having numbered collectibles isn't mine. Its to have a piece thats a good representation of a character that i like. However, im not saying that it's a bad thing if anyone collects b/c of wanting a limited collectible or whatever reason, it's just something I do not understand. I don't get the need for an ES. I just feel if you really want a collectible, PF in this case, an ES shouldn't matter. you buy it b/c you want it not b/c of how rare it is/could be. But again I guess that goes back to how/why someone collects the way they do. Like I said, I just don't get it :lol

But that's what I don't get...why does it deserve an ES? Ppl talked about it for paaages in the Stormtrooper PF thread as I believe that had an open edition or at least it took forever for SS to reveal an ES. And after reading through all that I still saw nothing more than bragging to say what number you have or "know" that you have 1 out of 500 or something like that. Again we all collect for our own reasons I totally get that...having numbered collectibles isn't mine. Its to have a piece thats a good representation of a character that i like. However, im not saying that it's a bad thing if anyone collects b/c of wanting a limited collectible or whatever reason, it's just something I do not understand. I don't get the need for an ES. I just feel if you really want a collectible, PF in this case, an ES shouldn't matter. you buy it b/c you want it not b/c of how rare it is/could be. But again I guess that goes back to how/why someone collects the way they do. Like I said, I just don't get it :lol

There is no actual logic to it. It's just based on emotion and it cannot really be rationally explained. Just think about it. When presented two similar looking paintings and asked which one you want after then being told that one of them was done by a world famous artist, you would pick that one because it sounds more appealing. "Holy grail" figures tend to be more alluring to people because of how difficult they are to come by. People are willing to spend $2000 on Rainman Bill the Butcher even though that's a complete ripoff and would be even at its retail price, but the small number of production convinces people that the item has more value than what is physically there, due to its rareness.

Basically people like the idea of the things they own being exclusive and hard to acquire. It gives the item more meaning to them and helps them appreciate it more. In reality, there's no difference between a figure that had 500,000 made and one that had 500 made. Physically they are identical. It's a mental thing and I think it's incredibly selfish, but just part of what we are.

Though I would argue against edition sizes all day long, even I will admit that when I sign onto a site and see that a $400 exclusive statue I preordered is still available two months after it went up, I can't help but think "man it'd be awesome if this thing was long since sold out."

It's just nice to know what you own is highly sought after I suppose.

Personally edition size or not I'm not impressed with this piece much.

Wow why is there so little buzz for this piece? This is going to be a real sleeper.

I really like the stairs and cannon balls and stuff on the base. The base is really what drew me to this.

Wow why is there so little buzz for this piece? This is going to be a real sleeper.

Maybe people are just not that interested in Jack Sparrow right now. The last movie was ok but not great and a lot of people still like the first one. I'm still not quite sure if I want this one or not.

Maybe people are just not that interested in Jack Sparrow right now. The last movie was ok but not great and a lot of people still like the first one. I'm still not quite sure if I want this one or not.

I'd say the timing is awful on Sideshow's part. A lot of people are interested in their upcoming video game and DC stuff and this statue just felt like it was kind of tossed out especially after all the hype from the movie was gone too.

Neah, people are always into a well done, great Jack Sparrow, but this one doesn't seem like it :(

Wow, last year the PFs where $299.99, then $249.99 and now this. Crazy. I know things are going up but the jump was fast.

Next thing you know they will only be 200.00 bucks! Nice. I like the way you think Dr.!:lol

Next thing you know they will only be 200.00 bucks! Nice. I like the way you think Dr.!:lol

Sorry, should have been a 3 in not a 2. But who are we joking. Like any good drug dealers prices go up. SSC knows we need are fix and we will pay it.

I truly think alot of collectors are underestimating this piece...i've got a feeling its going to out do the original! Only slight worry is on the Sideshow order page where it says that this statue is only the prototype and that some changes may occur! :(

He looks okay. I thought I would get him but lately the price hikes have proven to me that I'm not as big of a collector as I thought I was. So I had to bow out. The Superman pf will be my last pf (probably ever) unless they do anything from Firefly.

Can't wait to see all of your in hand photos.

Sculpt looks damn good actually. I'll be watching this to see how it turns out.

That is the sculpt of the original piece made by the Artist that designed this piece.
You will have to wait if the chinese workers will paint it in the same way.........

I keep looking at my original Jack Sparrow PF and cant help but think the new PF has a more dynamic pose and therefore is more pleasing to the eye...

Back