Premium Format Jack Sparrow Pirate of Caribbean on Stranger Tides Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I truly think alot of collectors are underestimating this piece...i've got a feeling its going to out do the original! Only slight worry is on the Sideshow order page where it says that this statue is only the prototype and that some changes may occur! :(

Final version - no hat or jacket. :nana:

The hat should be fabric and removeable. Its silly there is a whole exclusive head with no hat.

I would have liked the jacket to be the same. There is no reason a PF can't have detachable arms to easily slip the jacket on and off.

The hat should be fabric and removeable. Its silly there is a whole exclusive head with no hat.

I would have liked the jacket to be the same. There is no reason a PF can't have detachable arms to easily slip the jacket on and off.

Someone should have told SSC that when they came out w/ ROTLA Indiana Jones PF few years back... :gah:

Dont mind this. Glad hes got the hat and jacket.
Still on the fence about what to think about his 'tentacle' dreadlocks.
I MAY pick him up, but only on ebay with a very lowered price.
Not interested in the EX.

Someone should have told SSC that when they came out w/ ROTLA Indiana Jones PF few years back... :gah:

ha ha yeah

But it is a bit different. Indy's hat and jacket are so important to the character.

Where as Jack Sparrow runs around for large portions of all 4 movies with no hat and jacket. Its fair to say he really has 2 official looks as opposed to Indy's one. So why not just give us both in this statue, I don't think there planning on making a variant,

Don't mind the hat being sculpted but I do feel the bandana should've been a real fabric bandana.

Also, the EX isn't a whole second head, it's actually just a removable bandana piece :lol

Last edited:
Don't mind the hat beig sculpted bit I do feel the bandana shouldve been a real fabric bandana.

Also, the EX isn't a whole second head, it's actually just a removable bandana piece :lol

lol is it? I didn't realize that.

I just figured it was like Indy/Raiders, Terminator, Dutch/Predator, etc... where they give you the 2nd head.

Bandana in real fabric would be nice.

lol is it? I didn't realize that.

I just figured it was like Indy/Raiders, Terminator, Dutch/Predator, etc... where they give you the 2nd head.

Bandana in real fabric would be nice.

yea that's what I thought too until I read the actual description

"Switch out head section, with bandana for alternate display"

^^ I agree. I was initially wondering how one would get the head off w/o potentially breaking the dreads, as well as it arriving safely and not in a million pieces :lol

I'm still debating on getting this. I have the original one.

If you had a choice of either one, which one would you get? Just in looks though, not the price.

If you had a choice of either one, which one would you get? Just in looks though, not the price.

I also have the first but I do want the second, I just can't justify it yet...

The value of the first piece has decreased a lot and the new one is even more expensive.

I also have the first but I do want the second, I just can't justify it yet...

The value of the first piece has decreased a lot and the new one is even more expensive.

Really do disney PFS lose their value i got this on pre - order and have the first one also.

I'd keep the original and get this one as well. They're entirely different pieces and both awesome looking. The first captures Jack without his hat or jacket in a neutral (or semi-drunken pose), whereas this one has him in an action pose with his jacket and hat.

They'd both look great together IMO. I'd love to get the first PF someday :pray:

I'd keep the original and get this one as well. They're entirely different pieces and both awesome looking. The first captures Jack without his hat or jacket in a neutral (or semi-drunken pose), whereas this one has him in an action pose with his jacket and hat.

They'd both look great together IMO. I'd love to get the first PF someday :pray:

For me it is debatable which looks better I like the old one but this one is speaking to me also can't wait to place him against my other sparrow.

Last edited:
SO I was checking out the hi-res pics of this piece and I noticed something that I don't thank has been or at least no one has mentioned it to my knowledge and that is that the boot top is made of fabric similar to that used on the HT DX Sparrow. You can clearly see stitching in this pics below. just a detail I thought was pretty cool since on the first PF, the boots were entirely sculpted whereas here, they're only partly sculpted

300123_press04.jpg

SO I was checking out the hi-res pics of this piece and I noticed something that I don't thank has been or at least no one has mentioned it to my knowledge and that is that the boot top is made of fabric similar to that used on the HT DX Sparrow. You can clearly see stitching in this pics below. just a detail I thought was pretty cool since on the first PF, the boots were entirely sculpted whereas here, they're only partly sculpted

300123_press04.jpg

Well spotted Gipetto, nice little touch that! After looking at the pictures again, i think i am going to sell my original Jack Sparrow PF and keep the new one...Its just that the new pose is so much more dynamic and includes his hat and jacket which ressembles a much more complete Jack Sparrow IMO. Also, i may keep the lantern from the original Jack Sparrow PF as i feel it would also go nicely with the new one!

Wow the EX has a very limited ES: only 150.

Newsletter said go on waitlist now, but product page does not show sold out :dunno

Back