Premium Format Jack Sparrow Pirate of Caribbean on Stranger Tides Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the EX is probaby the right hand holding something else

I hope you are right I am getting the regular as long as he has the hat in the picture and a sword I will be happy. But I noticed in the preview video there is another head similar to the first piece with a head band.

Side by side comparison.
Its interesting that both aren't definitive though they both provide a feel for the character in different ways.

I think it really just comes down to how you prefer your Jack PF to be dressed!
(though I think the paint quality is better on the new one)

IMG_5202.jpg

IMG_5197.jpg

mine :

P1090959.jpg

P1090961.JPG

Last edited:
I like the new Jack better. Not only does the first production Jack have absolutely horrible paint apps but even though the new one is from OST it reminds me of when he jumped into the Kraken's mouth at the end of DMC.

"'Ello beastie!"

20110706205103!JackvsKraken.jpg

IMG_5197.jpg

Side by side comparison.
Its interesting that both aren't definitive though they both provide a feel for the character in different ways.

I think it really just comes down to how you prefer your Jack PF to be dressed!
(though I think the paint quality is better on the new one)

:exactly: Couldn't agree more. I think I may like the feel of the first one a bit better but the paint is miles ahead on the new one.

I didn't expect them to be able to match Hot Toys DX.

Looks like Jack Sparrow to me :dunno

I get people could be disappointed its not like the 1/6 DX sclup, but honestly not sure what the problem is.with the pose. I think it looks awesome.

I have to agree.,, I think the pose id great...

Saw this at the show. Everything looked good except the headsculpt. Looked very squished, like he's got chipmunk cheeks. From the sides it doesn't look that bad, it's just really noticeable when you look at the face straight on, and it looks really off.

As a pirates of the Caribbean fan this piece looks good i don't know why everyone is barking this piece would look great against the original piece

I like the new Jack better. Not only does the first production Jack have absolutely horrible paint apps but even though the new one is from OST it reminds me of when he jumped into the Kraken's mouth at the end of DMC.

"'Ello beastie!"

20110706205103!JackvsKraken.jpg

IMG_5197.jpg

Considering this is a proto type, I would expect the paints to look better than the mass produced version. Question is if they can keep the paint app into the production version, which I doubt.

And Im not liking the pose at all. Looks really wonky to me. Just a very weird design decision there.

not feeling the pose, it just doesnt have a good flow to it, I wish the original had this coat and hat and it would be the definitive Jack PF IMO. I have the original and am quite happy with it beside the lack of hat and coat.

It's not just the color/texture of the hair... they curve in a weird way making them look like live tentacles.

It's not just the color/texture of the hair... they curve in a weird way making them look like live tentacles.

Specifically the ones on the right of the picture just don't make sense. They move as though they are alive.

Specifically the ones on the right of the picture just don't make sense. They move as though they are alive.
100% agreed.

By a very basic physics principle, all the "dreads" should move in an only direction. Here every dread has its own way and even some of them curves themshelves upwards which is really odd.

The white color doesn't help either.

there are "some" issues i am not comfortable with, but its a PF i want to pick up. Jack sparrow had a variety of attire in the movies, but the iconic version to me includes the hat and the coat. most PF's have an awkward pose...not sure why...this one included...not sure what is up with the color of the dreadlocks and how it resembles tentacles.

With that being said, I still want this one! Wish he was standing more upright, but overall its a nice piece!

k.

Don't know but i might actually get this one...Clothing looks amazing its the pose that i don't know but we'll see once the item is up for pre-orders:exactly: but if i don't get this i'll get the original one.....but the face on this is much better then the other one

Looks like the Pre order will be available soon for the new Jack Sparrow PF and I for one am swaying towards the new one. I currently own the original jack sparrow PF and may still hang onto it (after all, it did win statue of the year 2010) I just like the fact that the new PF has all the attire, hat, jacket, dynamic pose and base, etc...

Back