Premium Format Jack Sparrow Pirate of Caribbean on Stranger Tides Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love me some Jack Sparrow but can't see why I'd pay past $100.00 for this, compared to the Hot Toys figure, just because of size? The detail is certainly not better than its 1/6 counterpart. I felt the same way with the Terminator 2 statue Sideshow put out, the likeness just isn't there enough for me to consider the cost on it. Not being condescending at all, but what do some of you see in this piece that makes you say; "I've got to have this?" Lord knows I'm trying to get there as well.

I like the full jacket look, not crazy about the dreads but would like to see more pics, so far I can say I'm 75% in. :rock

I love me some Jack Sparrow but can't see why I'd pay past $100.00 for this, compared to the Hot Toys figure, just because of size? The detail is certainly not better than its 1/6 counterpart. I felt the same way with the Terminator 2 statue Sideshow put out, the likeness just isn't there enough for me to consider the cost on it. Not being condescending at all, but what do some of you see in this piece that makes you say; "I've got to have this?" Lord knows I'm trying to get there as well.

Its having the complete attire in my opinion. The hat, jacket, etc...and i'm pretty happy with the pose and the base. Although im not too crazy about the likeness accuracy and the tenticle dreads, the base has more of a pirate theme going as opposed to the original and i quite like that. Think i'll PO him next week and then will make my decision of which one of the PF's to keep once he arrives next year :peace

With that said, i am predicting $349 for the regular edition and $369 for the exclusive

I know not all the time, especially in the past, I remember EX was always a couple bucks more than the reg, but it's been quite awhile since I remember seeing a piece made by SSC that had a higher charge for the EX

This and Babydoll are must buys for me. But I do agree that the tentacles I mean hair must be fixed a bit.

I can look past the farting pose, but if they don't fix those dreads then I'm off to hunt down the first PF.

Glad it didn't hit $400 but shoot only a switchout forehead. If the WHOLE head was removeable that would make for easier repainting if they screw this one up like they did the last one.

EX head looks great! :rock

283022_10151103166769145_1879883115_n.jpg

Is it just me or to the paint apps on the face look a bit sloppy? Reminds me of their first Jack PF. Just doesn't seem to be at their level of paint applications that we've seen on say Poison Ivy or the other new PFs.

Okay I've seen the pics and so far I like what I see from the various close ups of the face. What I am confused about is the exclusive part? Is it just a removable hat? Because I can't see any difference other than a removed hat...a bit lame if you ask me...For example they could have had a different facial expression on the alternate head.... with that said I will still PO it tomorrow and once I recieve the statue in hand I will decide which Jack Sparrow PF to keep or whether I keep both...

I'm not going to lie, originally I wasn't too fond of this piece from the SDCC pics bit with all the close ups and what not, I may just have to order. Not sure if I need/want the EX though.

Okay I've seen the pics and so far I like what I see from the various close ups of the face. What I am confused about is the exclusive part? Is it just a removable hat? Because I can't see any difference other than a removed hat...a bit lame if you ask me...For example they could have had a different facial expression on the alternate head.... with that said I will still PO it tomorrow and once I recieve the statue in hand I will decide which Jack Sparrow PF to keep or whether I keep both...

Yes, I agree that the EX is a bit lame...

Back