Premium Format Jack Sparrow Pirate of Caribbean on Stranger Tides Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jack PF v2.0 looks good to me.. im not a really a fan though, thats why i get rid of my jack PF v1.0 after re-focusing to save me more money..

:exactly:

Agreed good sir. Like I said I'm my earlier post, this looks like a stylized cartoon/art book kind of version of Depl as Sparrow to me. Only wish we could get a jacket like this in 1/6 :monkey2

In regard to the first PF, again, agreed. I really wanted to buy just to repaint it and weather up the clothes. Was also goin to take off the rings and black band on the left arm that SS gave him to make him into a Definitive COTBP Jack Sparrow, then probably sell him off unless I liked the end result too much to sell :lol

You probably would end up keeping it. Lol.
I know I had a hard time parting with mine. When I sold mine, it was only cause that's when I decided to try to stick to 1/6.
I figured I'd be happy once I get the hot toys.
I took the box from the storage and I think it sat in my room for at least 5 weeks cause I couldn't box him up.

He certainly had a presence. I remember every time I get a visitor,
Their face would light up when they see it.

No Depp in that at all imo.

Looks like any run of the mill 20 something at Halloween in a Jack Sparrow costume.

I don't remember Jack's Hair turning Squid like in Stranger Tides. Did it?? I really can't recall that happening.

I also think this is a good Depp Likeness. Just not the best expression.

You probably would end up keeping it. Lol.
I know I had a hard time parting with mine. When I sold mine, it was only cause that's when I decided to try to stick to 1/6.
I figured I'd be happy once I get the hot toys.
I took the box from the storage and I think it sat in my room for at least 5 weeks cause I couldn't box him up.

He certainly had a presence. I remember every time I get a visitor,
Their face would light up when they see it.

Yea I was on the verge of buying him. BBTS had him on clearance for only $216 for the longest time but as you know I was jobless then once I got the first check, it was sold out :( I'm tempted to get the Dastan PF they have on clearance (if it still there that is :lol) and fix him up. Mostly the hair and paint are what's making that piece lose it's potential IMO

Last edited:
Yea I was on the verge of buying him. BBTS had him on clearance for only $216 for the longest time but as you know I was jobless then once I got the first check, it was sold out :( I'm tempted to get the Dastan PF they have on clearance (if it still there that is :lol) and fix him up. Mostly the hair and paint are what's making that piece lose it's potential IMO

I'd still like to pick up the Dastan PF too... it's just the sculpt that's slightly lacking, it still looks like a beautiful piece though.

What an incredibly odd pose, sculpt and facial expression they used on this. Not impressed at all, sadly.

I was looking forward to this one, but after seeing pics at sdcc, I am no longer. Which makes me sad. His face looks very....surprised.

Yeah, I was really looking forward to this too. Not so sure anymore. Might just stick with the HT 1/6 figures for my POTC display. :monkey3

I didn't expect them to be able to match Hot Toys DX.

Looks like Jack Sparrow to me :dunno

I get people could be disappointed its not like the 1/6 DX sclup, but honestly not sure what the problem is.with the pose. I think it looks awesome.

IMG_5202.jpg

IMG_5197.jpg

I'm not sure if his nose is at the exact angle as Depp's nose, but I couldn't care less. It looks like a statue Jack Sparrow (a great one at that) and that's what matters to me.

It seems like there are a lot of people divided here...either you love it or you hate it.

I think it's fantastic though and I'll be POing immediately. Great shots Josh, thanks bud! :clap

This is buy it would look great against my first gen jack sparrow a must pre order, just one question what is the difference between the premium format and the exclusive edition?

Thanks for the pics Josh. This PF is growing on me

This is buy it would look great against my first gen jack sparrow a must pre order, just one question what is the difference between the premium format and the exclusive edition?

Well Premium Format is the scale or class of the statue itself. There will be a regular edition and EX edition more than likely. You will be able to get regular version at any SS retailer for cheaper than what SS will charge, but if the EX is something you'd want (whatever it may be when it's finally revealed and up for PO) then you will only be able to get the EX from SS website, just like all SS EX pieces

Back