Jabba the Hutt Video

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wor-Gar said:
I want to put a sound chip in mine so he'll go Ho-Ho-Ho.
That would be a great idea. Then put a sensor so if you get close to him he goes Ho-Ho-Ho.

Wor-Gar said:
YES! I'm gonna do it. :D
You can only use my sensor idea if you are going to give instructions to the rest of us. :lol

mfoga said:
You can only use my sensor idea if you are going to give instructions to the rest of us. :lol

OK, no problem. I have no idea how to record a voice-chip, but if Hasbro can do it... The sensor thing might be tricky, but maybe there's a way to reverse engineer one of those toys or singing fish things.

Thanks for the Jabba movie link. Its just a commercial to me, but I like to have things like that.

mfoga said:
No need to hack the password. He is the dirrect link to the movie.:lol
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/mas_assets/mov_fea/Jabba-HR-FEA.wmv
:joy THX so much for that link. Ya, the music is hokey, but it's still a kewl lookin' vid. Can't wait for the ol' slug to join my collection.

Still can't seem to get an exact measurement of the total height with the dias and Jabba. Anyone have any ideas?
:r2d2line

ObiWan_67_D1138 said:
:joy THX so much for that link. Ya, the music is hokey, but it's still a kewl lookin' vid. Can't wait for the ol' slug to join my collection.

Still can't seem to get an exact measurement of the total height with the dias and Jabba. Anyone have any ideas?
:r2d2line
The measurements are on the site. I think it was 16" .

After seeing Jabba at San Diego I have to have him. I do wonder where I am going to put him and I am sure my spouse will have a fit when he sees how huge he is. But when he sees my GG Rancor that comes later this month I am sure that Jabba won't be that much of a shock. :lol

I like the videos that SS puts up. I realize they are doing it to make money but i do enjoy the interaction that they have with their customer base.

I can't wait to see some pictures of everybody's Jabba displays. I know that the huge size is going to force us to come up with some creative solutions to the display problem. I wonder what will be the most unique location where we will see Jabba's throne...
:rolleyes:

And yes, there have been times when Sideshow have made videos like this for sold out products that no longer needed publicity for the sake of sales, so I think that sometimes they are motivated by excitement and enthusiasm about their product and a desire to just show it off. There is a part of every fan that wants to show off his or her stuff, and they are fans themselves. Talk to them about the Jabba setup or listen to the interview in the podcast, and I think you will find that they geek out about this stuff as much as we do!

tomandshell said:
I can't wait to see some pictures of everybody's Jabba displays. I know that the huge size is going to force us to come up with some creative solutions to the display problem. I wonder what will be the most unique location where we will see Jabba's throne...
:rolleyes:

It's going to make a great end table by the couch.

tomandshell said:
I would like to know the highest point with Jabba on the display and Bib Fortuna standing next to him.
Are you asking how tall it will be?

Based on what they say on the site Jabba is 11 1/2" and on the throne 16". If you put Bib on the throne with him the highest point would be 16 1/2".

Just got this e-mail.

Dear Collector,

We are contacting you with an update about one or more of the following items that you have on pre-order with us: Jabba the Hutt, Jabba's throne and/or the Salacious Crumb Creature Pack. These items have reached the production phase of their development and our creative staff has begun to receive the first wave of counter samples. With these samples, our artists look to ensure quality control of the details and paint applications for the final, production items.

We look forward to delivering these items to you in the first quarter of 2007. Until then, we will keep you updated with information about these items through e-mails and our newsletter.

link: https://www.sideshowtoy.com/behindtheshow/?p=2047

password: jabbavid0987

Dang. First quarter of 2007? That seems like a long time to wait. I thought these would ship closer to fourth quarter '06.

rainman said:
Dang. First quarter of 2007? That seems like a long time to wait. I thought these would ship closer to fourth quarter '06.

These were always marked as First quarter 2007 since the pre-order stages, but I konw whatcha mean about the long wait. Darth Maul couldn't get here sooner!

Just remember that if any of you get money for the holidays, HOLD ONTO IT! You're gonna need it for Jabba!

rainman said:
Just got this e-mail.

link: https://www.sideshowtoy.com/behindtheshow/?p=2047

password:

Doesn't it kind of defeat the purpose of Sideshow password protecting the video for newsletter subscribers only if it gets posted here?

RoboDad said:
Doesn't it kind of defeat the purpose of Sideshow password protecting the video for newsletter subscribers only if it gets posted here?
Why, it's not like it's anything special. It's an advertisement to get more buyers. SSC is very crafty.

RoboDad said:
Yes it does, which is why this whole password thing is silly. It's the interent, this kind of stuff stays secret for about five minutes.

If they are already receving samples, I'd say we could see Jabba fairly early in the 1st quarter.

rainman said:
Dang. First quarter of 2007? That seems like a long time to
wait. I thought these would ship closer to fourth quarter '06.

I am guessing the Throne and Jabba will be shipping pretty close to each other so when the first flex payments for the throne start hitting we'll know we are close.

Back