Jabba the Hutt Video

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Poggle the Greater said:
Sure, but if they're going to go through the trouble why not have it consist of at least some new information?
You mean like the bit about them having some really cool concepts for future large-sized 1/6 scale figures?

I think a Dewback has got to be toward the top of the list. No fur to deal with, about the same size as Jabba, and would make a great centerpiece for the 30th anniversary of ANH.

dewback4.jpg

Khev said:
I think a Dewback has got to be toward the top of the list. No fur to deal with, about the same size as Jabba, and would make a great centerpiece for the 30th anniversary of ANH.

dewback4.jpg

OMG -- that would be cool. Yet another piece I'd never be able to display without getting a second apartment.

NERD!!!!

...cool vid. You gotta show something simple and then later on something big, you know what I mean?

Khev said:
You mean like the bit about them having some really cool concepts for future large-sized 1/6 scale figures?

I'm not sure what you're getting at. Where in that video was anything about future figures?

I'm very much hoping they do many 1/6 scale creatures (wampa and tauntaun please!) but that video made no mention that more would be made.:confused:

I'm really beginning to have second thoughts, due entirely to size... I'm sure it'll look great, but where can I fit a 29"x17" slab of hard plastic!?

I'd like a Dewback but I'd rather them concentrate more on regular 1/6th for a while.

Collector Freak said:
What is up with that corny music??? :rolleyes:

What the hell is your problem? Seriously, I think we all deserve an explanation as to why you are a constant ass. All you do is flame the most minute details of something that has no revelance to the actual product. I guess if you're resorting to only b!tching about the music in a production video, this must be the greatest product ever!

Do us all a favor and F off. Go back to the SF boards and annoy the piss out of them instead.

It looks really awesome, but there is no way I can find a place to display it. The wife was nice enough to give me a spare room to display my collectibles, but it's already getting filled up with SS and GG at the moment. And I highly doubt she'll let me display Jabba in the living room. LOL!

Sideshow does quite some effort to make us forget that the entire set up is very expensive. First there was the Q&A in the podcast, now this video... Let's hope our banks won't be laughing at us in a Jabba like manner when the beast is shipping! The set-up looks terrific though. This probably will be an absolute highlight in the range of 12" collectables. I sure hope SSC releases the ES on this bundle, be it inclusive or regular. Would be nice to know how many people where smart enough to buy this jewel! (or had enough dough to to do so...)
Thanks for the psw, Wookilar8

Poggle the Greater said:
I'm very much hoping they do many 1/6 scale creatures (wampa and tauntaun please!) but that video made no mention that more would be made.:confused:
Yes it did. The lady told them that many collectors are wondering if Jabba means we might see a 1/6 scale Rancor and asked if it would be possible. They said something to the effect of "We've got some really cool concepts for future large-size 1/6 scale figures, you'll just have to keep an eye on future announcements".

I'd say the fact that SS is considering future large figures definitely qualifies as "new information."

The Rancor is listed by the Star Wars.com databank as being five meters tall, or about 15 feet. 1/6 of 15 feet is two and a half feet tall. Thirty inches of Rancor would be insanely huge, but would only be 4" taller than the Juggernaut maquette, for instance. I think that while large and expensive, it definitely would be within the realm of possibility if you consider some of the other large scale pieces they have done. Naturally, a lof of people would complain about the price, but what do you expect? :D The whole Jabba environment has made me think that they will try just about anything, huge or not--and 12" Luke had that bone from the Rancor battle for a reason...

For the rancor, I would like to see him come with some bones. Definatly the skull Luke uses to kill him. For the exclusive/inclusive.... I'd like to see a redo of the bone, only this time I'd like to see it be able to colapse into two pieces because of course the rancors jaws are gonna move. Yea, jaws, arms, legs and wrists probably.

Khev said:
Yes it did. The lady told them that many collectors are wondering if Jabba means we might see a 1/6 scale Rancor and asked if it would be possible. They said something to the effect of "We've got some really cool concepts for future large-size 1/6 scale figures, you'll just have to keep an eye on future announcements".

I'd say the fact that SS is considering future large figures definitely qualifies as "new information."

I think you're talking about the podcast video. I'm specifically talking about this new video with nothing but the still pictures and no new information.

Darth Loki said:
What the hell is your problem? Seriously, I think we all deserve an explanation as to why you are a constant ass. All you do is flame the most minute details of something that has no revelance to the actual product. I guess if you're resorting to only b!tching about the music in a production video, this must be the greatest product ever!

Do us all a favor and F off. Go back to the SF boards and annoy the piss out of them instead.

Oh come on, he was just kidding. The music was corny, but I didn't mind. Let's all be cool like Fonzie.

tomandshell said:
I went back to watch the video again and the password must have changed, because I can't open the page anymore...

It probably was being held back for an email blast or newsletter.

Back