Jabba 12" Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice work Mikey.

I've seen some guys do amazing skin-like effects on the PF Indy... has anyone done anything to give Jabba that "silicon" look?

BTW: I did a search but didn't really find anything.

I think the people who achieved that with the Indy Pf actually recast the head in silicon, so you would probably have to do the same if you wanted to accomplish that with Jabba.

I think the people who achieved that with the Indy Pf actually recast the head in silicon, so you would probably have to do the same if you wanted to accomplish that with Jabba.

Thanks cruise - that makes sense.

Cruise, your repaint is mad! Really good dude.
Love the eyes - they look like glass. The skin coloring is so much better too!

That is not true. Boot25 did it with paint.

And Jabba was foam latex, not silicone. If I was to repaint it, I'd want it to look more like what was on set than a silicone puppet like Episode I Yoda.

I haven't seen that one, I guess. I do know of at least one person who recast it in silicone though.

And of course the puppet was foam, but that doesn't necessarily mean you want it to look like foam.

I haven't seen that one, I guess. I do know of at least one person who recast it in silicone though.

And of course the puppet was foam, but that doesn't necessarily mean you want it to look like foam.

Yeah, it's all personal opinion. I just would want it to look like the filmed version.

And here is John's repaint of Indy, it's unreal.

394113066.jpg

394119896.jpg

388374813.jpg

Amazing that Boot25 is able to make a piece look like it was cast in silicon by use of paint... guy is sick :rock

Mikey I never felt Jabba needed a repaint until I just saw your comparison shots. Holy crap!

Thanks! Yeah, to be honest, after I was done painting Jabba, as satisfied as I was with the work, I really didn't realize the huge difference until I put a second one next to him! Sadly, I don't get commissions for Jabba very often.

Jay! You will not regret it Jabba is such a great centre piece. I took me ages to get mine. I like you was so put off by the price but I waited and waited and eventually I got one at a good price.
As for the throne, I can not offer any insite to getting a cheap one only do what you have been doing, keep saving and watching ebay.
I am really chuffed for you my friend.
And namnori, nothing beats the moment when to box arrives and you go... "ow my thats a very big box" I hope the wifes out!!!

thats so funny

i bought mine recently on the ebay- so cheap and when the box arrived she was out but saw it later!! d'oh

Back