Statue J Scott Campbell Vampirella Statue -- Women of Dynamite Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same here. But I will reevaluate the Purgatori statue once there are in hand pictures. For now a terrible start for Dynamite Entertainment and The Brewing Factory! Maybe it's all for the best. I was starting too many new lines lately.

I did the same, cancelled from BBTS and will wait for in hand pics.
Big disappointment, was looking forward to Purgatori. It looks like (to me) she will be an even more intricate paint job...and if its from the same factory who did vamp, I think its gonna be a stinker.
BBTS must have received a buncha cancels.

:exactly: If you're trying to make a name for yourself in the statue business , at that price point. You better show your best from the start. Whoever made the decision to release these in such poor shape just might have kill the brand. The only bright spot you'll soon be able to pick these up at a big discount. It's a shame.

Just opened mine. Worst statue of the year for sure. No replacement will do as I'm sure the entire line is trash (after checking forums). I hope this hits the company in the wallet, a little QC PLEASE. I feel ripped off. I wouldn't pay 10.00 for this at a garage sale.

This will be the first and last Dynamite statue I'll ever purchase.

Unfortunately that's how I've seen most of dynamite's products. this is terrible

Just opened mine. Worst statue of the year for sure. No replacement will do as I'm sure the entire line is trash (after checking forums). I hope this hits the company in the wallet, a little QC PLEASE. I feel ripped off. I wouldn't pay 10.00 for this at a garage sale.

This will be the first and last Dynamite statue I'll ever purchase.

The paint application is horrendous. They can't even paint where the red "marked line" properly. Good thing I didn't buy this. I would be pissed too.

Wow, that is garbage! I was interested in their announced Jungle Girl, but think I can safely ignore anything this company is doing now.

Disaster. I want Jungle Girl too. But if this is the quality to expect I'll pass. I wonder who is getting paid to check this stuff over here. Because they are either blind or a relative to Sideshow's hit and miss quality control person.

Hi All,

I posted this on another forum, and Sean RM just let me know that I should post here as well.

First and foremost, apologies for the delayed response, but I wanted to be the person responding as you, the fans, deserve better. The Vampirella Statue, as you have pointed out, has pieces of the run with these incredible flaws in them. While we're trying to figure out what happened, we're having the factory recast statues based on the damages we've seen. Every stage of our production samples had the highest quality when we went through approvals.

What we will be doing is this. The factory is reproducing more statues. These are currently being produced. They will have someone inspect every single one. Then, for those of you who kept your statues, we will offer to replace the statues. What we will ask you to do is to send the head of your Vampirella statue and your certificate so that we can then send you a replacement. Being that the manufacturing is in China, and we want zero tolerance on the quality, these will probably ship from the factory in late October. We'll know more in the next month or so of when we should be receiving.

We have to go this route as the statues are sold out from Dynamite.

We're really sorry about this. Everyone at Dynamite and Georg's team are fans, and we are sick to our stomachs that this happened.

This is not what Dynamite nor The Brewing Factory expected to happen. Not in our wildest dreams.

The only thing positive thing I can say is that we will have learned from this and will ensure the factories adjusts everything or move to another factory.

Right now, the Purgatori statue is being inspected far more closely as it's about to be painted as is the Jungle Girl.

Again, I'm sorry. This should not have happened, but we will be fixing for those who are patient and are willing. Those who are not, we fully understand. Regardless of this being a factory error or not, we dropped the ball.

Please feel free to e-mail me directly with any further questions - [email protected]

sincerely,

Nick
CEO/Publisher

Disaster. I want Jungle Girl too. But if this is the quality to expect I'll pass. I wonder who is getting paid to check this stuff over here. Because they are either blind or a relative to Sideshow's hit and miss quality control person.

Hi All,

Apologies for the delayed response, but I wanted to be the person responding as you, the fans, deserve better. The Vampirella Statue, as you have pointed out, has pieces of the run with these incredible flaws in them. While we're trying to figure out what happened, we're having the factory recast statues based on the damages we've seen. Every stage of our production samples had the highest quality when we went through approvals.

What we will be doing is this. The factory is reproducing more statues. These are currently being produced. They will have someone inspect every single one. Then, for those of you who kept your statues, we will offer to replace the statues. What we will ask you to do is to send the head of your Vampirella statue and your certificate so that we can then send you a replacement. Being that the manufacturing is in China, and we want zero tolerance on the quality, these will probably ship from the factory in late October. We'll know more in the next month or so of when we should be receiving.

We have to go this route as the statues are sold out from Dynamite.

We're really sorry about this. Everyone at Dynamite and Georg's team are fans, and we are sick to our stomachs that this happened.

This is not what Dynamite nor The Brewing Factory expected to happen. Not in our wildest dreams.

The only thing positive thing I can say is that we will have learned from this and will ensure the factories adjusts everything or move to another factory.

Right now, the Purgatori statue is being inspected far more closely as it's about to be painted as is the Jungle Girl.

Again, I'm sorry. This should not have happened, but we will be fixing for those who are patient and are willing. Those who are not, we fully understand. Regardless of this being a factory error or not, we dropped the ball.

Please feel free to e-mail me directly with any further questions - [email protected]

sincerely,

Nick
CEO/Publisher

Thing is, it's not just the casting. It's the painting as well. It's as if insult were added to injury. Mistakes in casting/poor quality casting can be fixed (likely by moving to a different, quality manufacturer). The bad paint shows a lack of skill, ability, or concern. If you have whoever painted them before paint them again I don't see there being a different result. There were no skin tones, there was skin tone, singular. No airbrushing whatsoever. They were cockeyed. They seemingly couldn't paint within the (albeit rough) "lines". They heaped paint on top of paint, which bubbled and built up "chunks". If you want a different result you can't use the same people. Never mind the inspection process, which was blind, if not completely incompetent.

Inkling, I apologize that my posting wasn't clear. These are being recast and painted and every level of detail will be reviewed carefully. We will have a representative review every statue as it's made and painted. Both Dynamite and Georg Brewer need these to be the best that they can be. This is a terrible situation. We are giving the factory the opportunity to prove themselves. And in doing so, Georg's representatives will be reviewing them as they are made, not spot checked after. These will be at the level fans expect.

I fully understand your frustration and apologize. It's gut wrenching for us to be in this situation. But we will fix this. We will learn from this and improve the execution moving forward.

Thanks for standing behind your product Nick. I already sent mine back but I'll keep an eye out for the reboot results and will revisit another purchase of the statue if the results look great.

That's encouraging news, but I already sent mine back as well. It was a disaster on every level as you can see from my pictures in this thread and stopped me from preordering any other statues in this line, which is disappointing because I had high hopes for them all. I hope the redone Vampirella statues will be better because so far I haven't seen one good in-hand pic of her. Such a great opportunity to show off the style of different amazing artists but it's been a disappointing showing.

GeneralZodLives - it is disappointing, and I do not blame you for sending it back. Hopefully when the next wave arrives you will see that we learned from this and improved the quality to the level they deserve to be. And thank you for posting the photos. We never would have known to improve the quality without the fans being vocal and giving constructive criticism. It helps us improve.

thanks!

Nick
CEO/Publisher

I'll check out the new ones when they're released. I'd love to see a Vampirella that does justice to the Campbell art on my shelf.

I have this sitting in my bag-o-loot at BBTS. I have not been on the forum much lately and missed all the issues with this. So what should I do? Have it shipped and take a look? If they're gonna try again I'd just as soon get the new improved version. I've never had to send something back or cancel an order before.

I have this sitting in my bag-o-loot at BBTS. I have not been on the forum much lately and missed all the issues with this. So what should I do? Have it shipped and take a look? If they're gonna try again I'd just as soon get the new improved version. I've never had to send something back or cancel an order before.

If it's from the first run I'd cancel it and wait until the new ones are released to see in-hand pics. If you decide to have it shipped anyway, BBTS is really nice and easy to deal with when it comes to returns. Just seems like a waste of time to me since right now you'll more than likely get one like I got.

Back