Statue Frank Cho Jungle Girl Statue -- Women of Dynamite Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeneralZodLives

Super Freak
Reaction score
Looks like Frank Cho is up next with a Jungle Girl statue.

JungleGirlStatue.jpg

Dynamite Entertainment is proud to expand its merchandising program with the Jungle Girl Statue, the third in its line of porcelain Women of Dynamite statues. Produced as part of their announced creative partnership with merchandise development company The Brewing Factory, the statue is slated for release in late October and features Jana, the heroine of the Jungle Girl comic book series by industry sensation Frank Cho (Savage Wolverine, Mighty Avengers, Liberty Meadows).

Based on the Cho's distinctive art and sculpted by the ever-talented Jason Smith, the blonde warrior stands atop the skeletal remains of a triceratops. Hand-painted on cold-cast porcelain, the Jungle Girl statue stands approximately 12" in height with a 6" base, with each individually numbered as part of a Limited Edition run. This Women of Dynamite statue comes packaged in a four-color box with a hand-numbered Certificate of Authenticity.

Georg Brewer, founder of The Brewing Company, says, "I couldn't have been more excited when I heard that we were adding Cho's Jungle Girl to the Women of Dynamite line. She is a great character and visually very different in tone and physicality to our previous statues. Jason did fantastic work translating Frank's style in 3D. It's one of my favorites in the line."

Dynamite Entertainment first announced the Women of Dynamite line of statues in February 2015. The first release in the line features Vampirella, the iconic comic book heroine and horror hostess whose likeness in porcelain is based on art from superstar illustrator J. Scott Campbell (Danger Girl, Gen13). Purgatori, the Egyptian vampire goddess popularized in Chaos! Comics titles, is the second Women of Dynamite statue, based on art from the legendary Michael Turner (Witchblade, Fathom). Each of these three statues has been sculpted by Jason Smith.

The Women of Dynamite: Jungle Girl Statue will be solicited in an upcoming edition of Diamond Comic Distributors' Previews catalog, the premier source of merchandise for the comic book specialty market. Comic book fans are encouraged to reserve the statue with their local comic book retailers. The Women of Dynamite: Jungle Girl Statue will also be available for individual customer purchase through digital platforms courtesy of Comixology, Dynamite Digital, iVerse, and Dark Horse Digital. Fans and retailers are encouraged to follow Dynamite Entertainment's official social media channels for the latest updates regarding project development and release dates.

Frank Cho draws his girls thick. :lol

I wonder what this is going to look like. Hair looks odd though if that's a prelim sculpt. Looking great.

My Jungle Girl order just processed - she will probably arrive Wednesday or Thursday next week... I will be sure to post pics!

Damn ...these WoD statues are now coming in all at once.

My Jungle Girl arrived today, and I'm thrilled with the way she turned out, especially given the hit or miss quality issues she seems to be having. There are some minor paint and casting issues, but not enough to detract from this absolutely amazing and gorgeous sculpt... and I don't know if it's intentional or not, but the skin texture on mine is incredibly detailed... I can't tell if it's actually part of the casting or just a happy accident with the paint application. Either way she's stunning, and I would rate mine just a little below Purgatori in terms of execution. Here are some pics - enjoy!

View attachment 293104

View attachment 293105

View attachment 293106

View attachment 293107

View attachment 293108

Jungle Girl 6 sm.jpg

Jungle Girl 7.jpg

very nice sculpture but thinking the paint and detail are lacking in the close-ups

very nice sculpture but thinking the paint and detail are lacking in the close-ups

Keep in mind that closeup represents almost 3X magnification... when I am viewing her normally, the defects definitely don't detract from my appreciation for the sculpt. And ironically the paint application actually gives her skin a very realistic texturing, which is insane detailing for a 12" statue. I know everyone has different expectations, and that's totally cool - I just happen to love my copy, and am very happy with the execution.

Keep in mind that closeup represents almost 3X magnification... when I am viewing her normally, the defects definitely don't detract from my appreciation for the sculpt. And ironically the paint application actually gives her skin a very realistic texturing, which is insane detailing for a 12" statue. I know everyone has different expectations, and that's totally cool - I just happen to love my copy, and am very happy with the execution.
Agree you got a very nice sexy statue :)

It's definitely not noticeable with the naked eye. peeps sometimes forget that these detailed areas are so small. Like the eyes on mine look perfect and then I took photos and her face may just as well be a pic of a dust mite. eeeek! She's amazing in person, I love her.

From the neck down she looks great, but I'm really not a fan of that face sculpt, which spoils it for me, and is the only reason I didn't pick this up myself.

If you do happen to like the face sculpt though then it's quite a nice piece.

Back