Statue J Scott Campbell Vampirella Statue -- Women of Dynamite Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's good to know the company is on this problem and not passing it off. I'll watch and see the results of the fixed/new version of Vampirella. Hopefully they can get it right and continue with the other pieces in the line.

Hi All,

Apologies for the delayed response, but I wanted to be the person responding as you, the fans, deserve better. The Vampirella Statue, as you have pointed out, has pieces of the run with these incredible flaws in them. While we're trying to figure out what happened, we're having the factory recast statues based on the damages we've seen. Every stage of our production samples had the highest quality when we went through approvals.

What we will be doing is this. The factory is reproducing more statues. These are currently being produced. They will have someone inspect every single one. Then, for those of you who kept your statues, we will offer to replace the statues. What we will ask you to do is to send the head of your Vampirella statue and your certificate so that we can then send you a replacement. Being that the manufacturing is in China, and we want zero tolerance on the quality, these will probably ship from the factory in late October. We'll know more in the next month or so of when we should be receiving.

We have to go this route as the statues are sold out from Dynamite.

We're really sorry about this. Everyone at Dynamite and Georg's team are fans, and we are sick to our stomachs that this happened.

This is not what Dynamite nor The Brewing Factory expected to happen. Not in our wildest dreams.

The only thing positive thing I can say is that we will have learned from this and will ensure the factories adjusts everything or move to another factory.

Right now, the Purgatori statue is being inspected far more closely as it's about to be painted as is the Jungle Girl.

Again, I'm sorry. This should not have happened, but we will be fixing for those who are patient and are willing. Those who are not, we fully understand. Regardless of this being a factory error or not, we dropped the ball.

Please feel free to e-mail me directly with any further questions - [email protected]

sincerely,

Nick
CEO/Publisher

So how do people that have returned their statue get the new production statue?

Or can only the people that still have their statue get a new production statue as a replacement?

Waiting for a replacement may not be viable as that would take an owner outside of the time range for acceptable return for refund.

Oh wow, that looks bad. I'm glad DCBS hasn't shipped me mine yet. Hopefully they're waiting for the remakes. I have all 3 pre-ordered, so hopefully the new Vampirella turns out like the listing photos. If not I'll be cancelling them all. I know if I got one that looked like that I'd be pissed. There are a lot of things I'd rather spend my money on.

They're releasing a black and white version now.

TNVamp_BW_variant.jpg

Not that I'm going to bother with it but hopefully the production defects are fixed with this one.

Aw man ...I hope Purgatori comes out better. If not, I'll be returning her, too. What a shame...

Glad to see they are looking into the problem. They could have just turned their heads to it. My only concern is, the other pieces are likely in production already. They will probably be rushed too. Hopefully those will be checked before shipped.

I just thought I would post a copy of the email I sent to Dynamite in regard to this statues debacle. It reads as follows.

This is attempt number 2 with this same email. I have added other Dynamite recipients in an attempt to cast a wider net in order to get a response. I think this apparent disregard of customers is beyond unacceptable and highly disrespectful.

Hello.

I'm emailing you in regard to my numerous attempts at resolving an issue I have with the quality of the Woman of Dynamite Vampirella statue I received. I ordered mine through Big Bad Toy Store.com. The overall quality of the piece was horrendous and when weighed against the price Dynamite put on the piece, frankly its ridiculous. The piece I received looked more like a bad Chinese bootleg then a quality first run statue from a reputable company/publisher. I emailed Nick the CEO on Nov. 6. per this letter I found at Sideshowcollectors.com;
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...mpirella-statue-women-dynamite-series-16.html

I then emailed Nick

"Greetings Nick,

I recently received my Woman of Dynamite Vampirella Statue which I was quite excited about only to be extremely disappointed with the paint apps., seem lines/flashing, chipped paint, and general poor assembly of this statue. I was searching the internet for reviews of this statue last night and discovered that I was not the only disappointed collector. I happened upon what appeared to be letter to collectors addressing this problem, written by you, apologizing for the production problems and offering a possible remedy in the form of quality replacements for collectors as long as we sent in the numbered certificate that came with the statue and the head from the model. Is this true and has Dynamite begun this process? I have the Purgatory statue pre-ordered and have been on the verge of cancelling if the Vampy statue was any indication of what was to come. If that letter is legitimate, I think its a great "good will" gesture on Dynamites behalf and I'd love to send in whatever is required to receive a quality replacement and keep my Purgatory pre-order. Thank you for your time."

Understanding that a CEO might be very busy (despite the letter requesting that people contact him directly via email) I decided to call Dynamite customer service. The customer service tech I spoke barely knew what product I was talking about and kept putting me on hold to "ask his boss" I assume what he should do or tell me. After the third time asking his boss, he finally asked for my name and phone number and told me someone would be calling me back in a day or two. It has been 2 weeks and I have neither an email or phone call and other attempts (which there have been many) to call ended with a prompt to leave a message, which I have, again with no return call.

I'm extremely disappointed on so many levels with my experience purchasing Dynamite merchandise. I'm a big Vampirella fan and was really looking forward to adding this statue to my collection as well as the Purgatory statue which I promptly cancelled my preorder. I'm disappointed with the lack of concern Dynamite has shown me and other collectors. I would gladly continue to collect from this line if I knew that the problems with this statue were being rectified and that any other statues to follow would justify what amounts to a $200 price tag.

Genuinely discouraged and disappointed,
Jason

Attached are some photos of the Vampy statue I received.
WomanofDynamiteVampirellabad02.jpgWomanofDynamiteVampirellabad.jpgWomanofDynamiteVampirellabad01.jpgWomanofDynamiteVampirellabad03.jpgWomanofDynamiteVampirellabad04.jpgWomanofDynamiteVampirellabad05.jpgWomanofDynamiteVampirellabad06.jpgWomanofDynamiteVampirellabad07.jpgWomanofDynamiteVampirellabad08.jpgWomanofDynamiteVampirellabad09.jpgWomanofDynamiteVampirellabad10.jpgWomanofDynamiteVampirellabad11.jpgWomanofDynamiteVampirellabad12.jpgWomanofDynamiteVampirellabad13.jpgWomanofDynamiteVampirellabad14.jpgWomanofDynamiteVampirellabad15.jpg

Wow! Absolutely horrible! So sorry that you're having to deal with this. At the same time, thank you for the feedback on their customer service (or lack of). I will gladly avoid this company. I hope you can get this sorted out. GL.

I've completely given up on this line. My Vampirella was a complete piece of **** so I sent it back. It'd be nice if they redid the statue completely and produced a quality piece like the Campbell Mary Jane statue. Unfortunately, I honestly don't have faith that the other statues will be much better than Vampirella or that this "quality replacement" will ever see the light of day. If Dynamite had any quality control whatsoever these statues would have never been shipped out to customers.

Thanks for the feed back guys! If, which I doubt, I ever hear back from Dynamite I'll post their response here. BBTS was happy to take back the statue and issue me a complete refund, they even paid for the return shipping, which was a generous and considerate gesture. They will always get my business. They did also tell me that they have gotten lots of returns and complaints about this absolute ripoff of a statue. I'm still shocked that Dynamite placed a price on that piece of garbage that amounted to half the price of the extremely well crafted and meticulously painted SS Vampirella PFF. I have the most recent SS Vampirella statue, the exclusive, and it is worth every penny! I received my Dynamite Vampy statue weeks after my Sideshow statue arrived so you can imagine my shock when I unboxed that Dynamite statue.

BBTS bailed me out of this piece as well. It was in my bag-o-loot well past the time limit for cancellation before I saw the reports in this thread. I emailed them and they took care of it with ZERO hassle. They have an extremely loyal customer in me.

Oh yea ...BBTS has a loyal customer in me as well! They took back this statue with no hassle and at no extra cost when I returned mine awhile back.

That's not counting the other times BBTS has provided me great customer service. Kudos to BBTS for sure!

Back