Statue J Scott Campbell Vampirella Statue -- Women of Dynamite Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
very disappointing pics...I'm glad I waited to order.

Yeah for a ~$175 statue this was NOT what I was expecting. Not only is it broken, but the paint is terrible (regularly goes over margins, cockeyed, no airbrushing of different skin tones, it's chunky/rough/bubbled/discolored in places, etc.), the casting/reproduction and assembly quality is terrible, it's resin not cold cast like I would expect of a statue this size/expense to be, and it's 1/7th scale, too small for a statue in this category IMO.

Well, looks like I'm sending her back. If you blur your eyes she looks good but in focus she looks horrible. Such a shame because this could have been a fantastic statue. Guess I'm out of this line.

IMG_1349 (533x800).jpg

IMG_1350 (533x800).jpg

IMG_1351 (533x800).jpg

IMG_1352 (800x533).jpg

IMG_1353 (800x533).jpg

IMG_1354 (800x533).jpg

IMG_1355 (800x533).jpg

IMG_1356 (533x800).jpg

Very disappointing. :slap Mine is sitting in my Pile of Loot at BBTS, I will tell them to keep It. Also I canceled my PO for Purgatori. I might revisit her after we see how she comes out.

What the hell happened here? Talk about no QC. It's like they got her and said,"Kinda looks like ****. Let's put little to no effort in painting this one. Slop it on there people!" Such a disappointment.

I sent BBTS an email about wanting to return it. I've never done a return with them before. I'd like to get credit and make another order but don't know if they do that or not.

I'd definitely hold off on this entire line until in-hand pics come out. I may pick up the SS Vampirella after all.

That looks terrible. With these and DC Collectibles I wait for in-hand pieces that I can scan through. I went through five DC Collectible Harley Quinn figures before I found one that was as perfect as I could've hoped for. Granted, this is just TERRIBLE. I've never seen one that bad. That's like a $20 statue, and even then I wouldn't want it, because it's just so poorly done.

I'm not a huge Vampirella fan...I don't know of her, and have too much on order, but I think the latest Sideshow one looks fantastic! I think it'd definitely be a worthy purchase if you're looking for a representation of her.

I may get on the wait list for the SS Vampirella EX or see if I can get a 10% coupon to pop up on the regular. Not sure I really need a bat on her arm.

I get mine tomorrow. I'll have to see how mine turns out. Hoping it looks great, but these current pics are discouraging. Oh boy, we shall see ...

I may get on the wait list for the SS Vampirella EX or see if I can get a 10% coupon to pop up on the regular. Not sure I really need a bat on her arm.

It's one of those, if you can get it, huzzah! situations. I think her releasing a bat is a cool bonus, but if you don't get it, her being seductive works just as well!

As much as I liked the way Purgatori looked, I've already cancelled my order BBTS. Those images look terrible.

Same here. But I will reevaluate the Purgatori statue once there are in hand pictures. For now a terrible start for Dynamite Entertainment and The Brewing Factory! Maybe it's all for the best. I was starting too many new lines lately.

Got mine today. Paint could be better but it's not nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be. The only place where i am truly unhappy with the quality is at the top of her boots. I think the paint is really sloppy there. I put her in my display and like her enough to keep her but do think they should have done a much better job. I'm also much more tolerant of issues then i think most collectors are. I probably shouldn't be but i am. I did cancel my pre-order for Purgatori because seeing how this one came out i don't trust them to do a better job on the next one and i don't want another statue at this price that i have to talk myself into keeping.

20150902_205240 by zuko1312, on Flickr

20150902_205246 by zuko1312, on Flickr

20150902_205307 by zuko1312, on Flickr

20150902_205342 by zuko1312, on Flickr

I sent mine back to BBTS today for a refund. The customer service rep said that I definitely was not alone in receiving a poorly done statue. I wish this would have turned out like Campbell's Spider-Man line from Sideshow.

Glad your happy with her Zuko! But IMO this is an example of what a (almost) $200 statue should look like.

DSC04383-3.1.jpg

DSC04389-2.1.jpg

BTW I dig your Mandy & Skoots Statues! :clap

I have the Mandy statue on the left (both regular and exclusive). It blows this Vampirella statue away in quality and the regular version cost less.

I have the Mandy statue on the left (both regular and exclusive). It blows this Vampirella statue away in quality and the regular version cost less.

Damn you Zuko & Zod! Now I must have her! :lol BBTS has her on sale. Well that return credit didn't last long. But she is less then Vampriella, so I did save money. Yes, saved money! I will keep telling myself that.

Back