J.J. Abrams' Super 8

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When the trailer for this showed before Iron Man 2 and they showed the title, the guy in front of me said "Motel 6". I chuckled at his stupidity.

G.T.F.O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tell you what sporty.......if I'm so wrong about this then would you kindly explain to me why I HAVE NEVER....EVER.....EVER, seen a half empty Star Trek peg in ANY of the stores I've ever been in.

Those things are still clogging pegs to this day even at ubber clearance prices. Matter of fact I bet Toys for Tots Staff makes a deep sigh & exhales loudly when ever people keep bringing them in as a last ditch effort to rid them selves of the gawd awful gifts they got from friends who thaught they were doing something cool for their "Si Fi buddies", but didn't understand the movie sucked dead mans balls, & didn't know any better.

ok I'm done with the run on sentance LOL.

Wait, are you talking about Star Trek toys, or the movie it's self?

Cos' I bought the bluray the week it came out.

Just because all the old school Trekkers don't want to buy the new movie's Toys has nothing to do with whether or not it reinvigorated the franchise.

And I would venture to say that is Hot Toys picked up the New Star Trek we would all be all over it!

Toys.......you really had to ask. Man those pegs are packed so effin tight if you walk past them to fast & make a breeze the junk will pop off.

Just because all the old school Trekkers don't want to buy the new movie's Toys has nothing to do with whether or not it reinvigorated the franchise.

And I would venture to say that is Hot Toys picked up the New Star Trek we would all be all over it!

Ummm, nope! I don't care who has the lic I don't want that crap if it was free. & no.....Im a Next Gen Trek man myself with only a passing intrest in the classic. So no, its not like I'm a fan boy who can't pull away from the original. I just know a suck ass movie when I see one.

Matter of fact I skipped past Next Gen the 1st year it was on tv thinking it was a bad remake. But I gave an eps a shot & was TOTTALY IN LOVE!

SQ is certainly entitled to his own opinion, but yeah, read the writing on the wall dude. It's called SCOREBOARD. RT doesn't lie.

Compared to most of the Trek films, the most recent one rocked big time for Trekkers and general audiences. Can you say "Nemesis?"
You don't like Abrams "Trek," fine, but get over trying to convince everyone else on this thread that it was trash.

How's this for "suck ass"?

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/star_trek_11/

94% cannot be denyed.

You are in the minority and you like it there.

"like being in the minority"? why yes I do. Truth has a nack for going off the beated path.

tell you what. If you think the new trek movie was that much of a success then hold your breath & wait for the sequal. But I know Gene is spinging in his grave.

"like being in the minority"? why yes I do. Truth has a nack for going off the beated path.

tell you what. If you think the new trek movie was that much of a success then hold your breath & wait for the sequal. But I know Gene is spinging in his grave.

Like Mortar Conn said, you are entitled to your opinion, but don't mix up your opinion with "truth." Find a different word.

SQ is certainly entitled to his own opinion, but yeah, read the writing on the wall dude. It's called SCOREBOARD. RT doesn't lie.

Compared to most of the Trek films, the most recent one rocked big time for Trekkers and general audiences. Can you say "Nemesis?"
You don't like Abrams "Trek," fine, but get over trying to convince everyone else on this thread that it was trash.

He's doing the same on a lot of threads.

Wait, are you talking about Star Trek toys, or the movie it's self?

Cos' I bought the bluray the week it came out.

He was talking about the movie. He's claiming because the toys didn't sell, that it shows the movie sucked.

People don't collect action figures like they used to. They moved on to better things, like Sideshow and Hot Toys.

& the kid driveing the Vett off the cliff for ABSOLUTLELY NO REASON...........well you get my drift.

then again.......i forgot who I'm talking to.

It was to show how reckless and ristaking Jim was. Thats what it set up. It shows the audience WHO Jim Kirk is. It also shows him how good he is.

Honestly, that's basic filmmaking. If you didnt get that....then again, I forgot who I'm talking too.

sorry but my powerful mind just doesn't have a "tool mode" to shift in too. But eerrrr a yeeeah.....invigorated the franchise *snicker snicker* (oh damn I really wanted to say it with a straight face). Dude the flick was an endless string of catch phrases & clichés. Its like instead of telling a story they just threw together a bunch of scene where each character gets a chance to say their lil one liner that made their character famous.

& the kid driveing the Vett off the cliff for ABSOLUTLELY NO REASON...........well you get my drift.

then again.......i forgot who I'm talking to.

"Powerful mind"?!? :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Back