Valve in talks with J.J. Abrams for Half-Life and Portal Films

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see what your saying. Portal is a fun game fun atmosphere etc, but whose to say he couldn't do that? and please nobody say he took the fun out of Batman, because Batman actually is dark and moody. I'm just saying I think if he got a good script for Portal he would do a good job :monkey3

No doubt it would be a well written and visually stunning film if he were to direct. I just don't think Nolan would be able to capture the humor and levity that goes with the Portal universe.

Everything Nolan has done has been good, if not above average. TDKR is the only questionable product he's put out.

Ummm... no?!

Kind of sounds like you hate Nolan for no reason. Are you one of those people who only associate Nolan with Batman or Inception? Because he has other movies...that are much better such as The Prestige. Still haven't answered why you don't think he could do it and don't give me but all his movies are dramas with no comedy fun atmosphere etc. Nolan to me is someone who could pretty much direct any genre and before you call me a fanboy that I am not. Nolan is a great director, but he is far from my favorite.

Everything Nolan has done has been good, if not above average. TDKR is the only questionable product he's put out.

:exactly::goodpost:

Nolan talk again...?

1275905143_raging-midget.gif

Why is it that any time someone brings up Nolan a slew of haters come in? Is it because he is popular now? Would everyone be Nolan haters back when he was directing Memento, Insomnia hell even Batman Begins. He didn't really begin to get big until TDK came out. It just seems like it is the cool thing to hate on him now a days.

Rather than just replying with gifs mind telling me why he couldn't? We have never seen him try so where is the facts that he can't do it? :dunno

Short version. Nolan Has said he hates comics. He has a massive hard on for " realisim"

Portal works because it's Dark, but campy. it's got a strange sense of humor, and excessive Gallows humor.

This is the history of portal.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb50sF7oEGA[/ame]

in short. I'm sure nolan would make a good movie, but his mood just wouldn't work for portal.

Scrooge McDuck's Deal of a lifetime... I mean Inception is a good example of what he would bring as a portal film.

Mostly serious, with mild to minimal humor.

He might work for halflife, but not portal... provided he can get his own idea of "realism"

Short version. Nolan Has said he hates comics. He has a massive hard on for " realisim"

Portal works because it's Dark, but campy. it's got a strange sense of humor, and excessive Gallows humor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb50sF7oEGA

in short. I'm sure nolan would make a good movie, but his mood just wouldn't work for portal.

Scrooge McDuck's Deal of a lifetime... I mean Inception is a good example of what he would bring as a portal film.

He might work for halflife, but not portal... provided he can get his own idea of "realism"

Can you link me to where he said he hates comics? I've never read that before.

Also I don't think people are realizing what I am trying to say. His current styles would not work with Portal I do agree. I just think he is the type of director who COULD branch out into other genres and do well at them. Either way we will never find out because he won't be directing Portal if their is a movie made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb50sF7oEGA

You're thinking of Tim Burton. And no he doesn't. You lie.

1. No Nolan

2. No JJ.

3. Neil Blomkamp Pls.

I don't really need to see a Half Life film, though.

Ignore listed forever and reported.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqMmYq0QjEA[/ame]

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lyUNs7eNhs[/ame]

The 3rd movie can be about Gordon being released again to go after Gabe and find the plot to the ending.

Cast serious bearded Robin Williams as Gaben.

Gabe-Newell_zpse3e011d2.jpg

Tired of Nolan being mentioned for everything, I hate his films.

Neil Blomkamp would be perfect for a film like Half-Life.

My bud Jonny and I were discussing this and he mentioned Duncan Jones and I think he would be perfect, as Moon had some similarities to Portal.

I've been reading some about this HL movie and everywhere I read about it they are all talking about city 17, alex vance, the combine and so on....and I just want to say whoa!!!!!!!!!!! if you're gonna do a HL movie it needs to start with the first game. It's one of the best story lines in all of gaming you can't **** it up and leave the origin out. Half-Life 2 is the sequel people.

I've been reading some about this HL movie and everywhere I read about it they are all talking about city 17, alex vance, the combine and so on....and I just want to say whoa!!!!!!!!!!! if you're gonna do a HL movie it needs to start with the first game. It's one of the best story lines in all of gaming you can't **** it up and leave the origin out. Half-Life 2 is the sequel people.

Yup, I want to see Shepard chasing Gordon down through Black Mesa first but it's hard to not get excited about something like the Combine or Dog when you hear Half-Life.

Back