J.J. Abrams' Star Trek Into Darkness

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Newish synopsis:
In Summer 2013, director J.J. Abrams will deliver an explosive action thriller that takes Star Trek Into Darkness.

In the wake of a shocking act of terror from within their own organization, the crew of The Enterprise is called back home to Earth. In defiance of regulations and with a personal score to settle, Captain Kirk leads his crew on a manhunt to capture an unstoppable force of destruction and bring those responsible to justice.

As our heroes are propelled into an epic chess game of life and death, love will be challenged, friendships will be torn apart, and sacrifices must be made for the only family Kirk has left: his crew.
Trailer back up on YouTube.

[ame]https://youtu.be/1BztORqDKtI[/ame]

Trying to avoid trailers, I really hope they catapult around the sun and save Whales in 2012 in this one. :pray:

Abrams must have a thing about people falling or jumping off things.

Trailer looks damn good though.

I watched The Hobbit (yawn) so I could see the ten minute preview. The preview was the best part of my movie viewing experience :rotfl

:dunnoYour attention span must be bad if the Hobbit makes you snooze:dunno

:dunnoYour attention span must be bad if the Hobbit makes you snooze:dunno

Attention span is fine, I just didn't like the film much. I am a novice viewer of LoTR films (at best).

I found many of the characters uninteresting and the whacky CGI. I haven't seen such bad shots in a major film since XMO. :dunno

not for the first half of the film, my kids and i could barely stay awake.

I had the same problem but I am glad LoTR fans are enjoying it. Anyway, enough threads exist to discuss that film.

I enjoyed the 10 min preview for Into Darkness, it looked intriguing. I enjoyed the first film well enough, I am starting to build interest for this installment.

Last edited:
scottyoe.jpg

Just re-watched the first. I agree with Cumberbatch's statement about Kirk being brash and without humility. He's overly confident and more suited for action situations than general command

Just re-watched the first. I agree with Cumberbatch's statement about Kirk being brash and without humility. He's overly confident and more suited for action situations than general command

Is that Cumberbatch speaking those lines? I thought it sounded like Bruce Greenwood (Capt. Pike), which would make a lot more sense.

I quite enjoyed the extended preview in IMAX. Looks like another winner for this rebooted franchise.

Back