J.J. Abrams' Star Trek Into Darkness

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^ that's great

I get why they're morphing Star Trek into Star Wars by having movie frenetic actions i.e MONEY!!!

But i prefer the Trek where it was about the encountering class M planets and away teams

Well you'll be happy then because that's exactly what was happening in the first 9 minutes:clap

holly **** ! before the hobbit we got a 10 minute long preview of the movie in full 3D and It blew my mind away.
WOW I cant wait to see this movie.

IMAX 3D ROCKS !

Same here. The movie looks amazing. I love what Abrams is doing with this franchise

I'm jealous to all who got the 10min preview. We got a trailer though which looked incredible. It actually made my gf interested in seeing this :yess:

How do you guys feel about the Spock/Uhura romance in the first?

I wasn't a fan, simply because it changed the Spock character too much i.e Pon Farr and how it's simply illogical to date a co-worker

76771_535015289844281_2093331382_n.jpg

Sweet! :hi5:

You could apply that logic to all the cast... You can't beat the originals

I think Karl Urban nailed McCoy, it was like watching a younger DeForest Kelley. As much as i loved McCoy and really liked Quinto and Cho's Spock and Sulu, the rest failed to live up to the originals but i just didn't get Scotty. He was just too silly and its going to take a lot to make him into the miracle worker by the end of STiD.

I think Karl Urban nailed McCoy, it was like watching a younger DeForest Kelley. As much as i loved McCoy and really liked Quinto and Cho's Spock and Sulu, the rest failed to live up to the originals but i just didn't get Scotty. He was just too silly and its going to take a lot to make him into the miracle worker by the end of STiD.

I actually liked Kirk as well, I think he did a great job.
Only one I really didn't like was Scotty. Nothing like the original character.

As much as I liked Urban as McCoy it's not fair to expect an actor to play another actor as a role. Chris Pine played Kirk, not Shatner playing Kirk.

If Pine had tried to channel Shatner it could easily become an expensive SNL skit. Most people... think.... Shatner says everything... with great pauses. But actually he rarely did that in TOS. Shatner more often than not gave Kirk a steely jawed seriousness and actually exudes some authority in his role. That's what I see Pine trying to do.

I have problems with the way chain of command works in the JJ universe, but I thought Pine did well with what he was given.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5gdbUC9mWU&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

I like that new trailer. Looks like they'll be building a new E after this film.

EDIT: Look at 55 seconds in the new trailer. Bunches of cryogenic tubes. Perhaps Khan is in one of them?

Last edited:
Back