J.J. Abrams' Star Trek Into Darkness

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cumberbatch looks so creepy in the trailers. What part is he playing? It's rumored he's the new "Khan".

Sorry, I haven't kept up with this thread.

Cumberbatch looks so creepy in the trailers. What part is he playing? It's rumored he's the new "Khan".

They're still playing games with naming the villian. He is officially "John Harrison" but nobody believes it.

Khan or Gary Mitchell are the rumored villains he's playing.

Those cryo-tubes look like something you might find on the Botany Bay.

fcAAO.jpg

This cityscape looks very 21st century. Perhaps an intro based in the present day.:

IeO4I.jpg

I found one more clue:
https://tinyurl.com/3yurc

I hope the Cyro tubes are not just a red herring as JJ loves that ****. But if they are not...then this whole thing is starting to make a lot more sense and seems to be spot on with a discussion my friends and I had Friday night after seeing The Hobbit and the nine minute Into Darkness preview. What if John Harrison (or whoever he claims to be) was one of Khan's supermen and the Botany Bay somehow got intercepted years before the Enterprise would find it. And what if something went down that forced Harrison's hand. Interesting nonetheless.

I wonder if that little ship that is being chased by the Enterprise is supposed to be the Reliant or something similar.

I'm thinking Klingon.

I'm pretty close to saying that was a Klingon Bird of Prey chasing that three engine Federation type ship. Though after watching the trailer over and over again, I'd say it looks a little too small to me. Maybe it was just the motion blur and oversized buildings that were throwing it off.
I'm glad we're seeing a hint of some new ships!

I'm pretty close to saying that was a Klingon Bird of Prey chasing that three engine Federation type ship. Though after watching the trailer over and over again, I'd say it looks a little too small to me. Maybe it was just the motion blur and oversized buildings that were throwing it off.
I'm glad we're seeing a hint of some new ships!
I don't think it's shooting a federation ship, I think that's one of the retro spacedocks seen from below.

Looks like a Klingon fighter craft.
Yeah it looks too small to be a BOP, but it has the exact same wing type that were moving into an up position in the trailer.
I don't think it's shooting a federation ship, I think that's one of the retro spacedocks seen from below.

I didn't say shooting, it was in pursuit. This is the ship in the foreground I'm referring to:
Wings Down:
possiblebop2.jpg

Wings raised:
possiblebop.jpg

That to me looks like a Abramsverse BOP.

Last edited:
OK. We're talking about different shots, but I agree the one in the forground looks very Klingon, perhaps a small scout ship.

I was talking about at 1:11 there's a small bug ship blasting a large federation looking ship or space station.

Back