I've been censored.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's unkind?
According to Websters, Rabid: 1)Furious; raging 2)Zealous.
I think that pretty much defines his feelings toward SSC.
I've had this same conversation with him via PM and in threads, so I'm not talking behind his back and I've stated many times I appreciate his passion toward the products. I've been right there with him when people have called the sculptors at SSC hacks and that their stuff is crap, thats clearly an attack that warrants defense. An opinion is a different matter, and often when people state theirs there is no need to defend that. As a customer, you have every right to critique the things you are spending your money on.

And if I worried what people think about me, I wouldn't be a 39 yr old man, who watches sci fi and collects toys, I'd watch the style channel and get botox.

madden821 said:
My thoughts are.. its their boards and if they feel the need to censor something its totaly their right. There are other boards where you can talk about figures too so if you don't like it here you can go to those. I am not a Sideshow loyalist that will defend them to the bitter end but posting on the boards is a privledge not a right.

Yup, people sure feel that because they own the server, they have the right to dump on the US Constitution and the rights guaranteed by our forefathers.
Maybe they get off on burning a flag but I sure don't! It's just plain wrong.

You may consider posting on this board a privledge but freedom of speech is a RIGHT, Constitutionally guaranteed. Just look at Potter's Field for the proof.

In the case where someone is rude or directly insulting, moderation may be needed. But the content of a debate like Boba Fett should never be squelched because the popular opinion is not in line with the owner of the server. In this case the popular opinion wasn't in line with the administrator but he had the strong sense not to delete the opinions of 40 or so people unhappy with Boba's materials and cost. DD is an American, tride and true and respects the opinions of this board's posters.

kodiak8658 said:
You may consider posting on this board a privledge but freedom of speech is a RIGHT, Constitutionally guaranteed. Just look at Potter's Field for the proof.

Popular misunderstanding. There is no consitututional right forcing someone to provide you a forum for your opinions. Just cos NBC won't give you airtime doesn't mean they are breaching the constitution.

kodiak8658 said:
Yup, people sure feel that because they own the server, they have the right to dump on the US Constitution and the rights guaranteed by our forefathers.
Maybe they get off on burning a flag but I sure don't! It's just plain wrong.

Of course you have the RIGHT to express your opinion.. and they have the right to express theirs by censoring what you say ON THEIR BOARDS. You can say whatever you want in the privacy of your own home but if you come into my house and start screaming at the top of your lungs about things I don't agree with then I have the right to toss you out... same thing here. You are free to go to rebelscum and talk your heart out about how bad SS is and nobody will stop you because its not their boards.

Last edited:
LordAzrael said:
Popular misunderstanding. There is no consitututional right forcing someone to provide you a forum for your opinions. Just cos NBC won't give you airtime doesn't mean they are breaching the constitution.

No one said there was. But you don't mind telling me that in this forum, do you? That's the Constitutional right I'm talking about allowing you to express that opinion. If your comment was anti-Sideshow, would you feel as long as it wasn't filled with personal attacks on another poster, that it should be heard? That's what I'm talking about, the content shouldn't be censored.

madden821 said:
Of course you have the RIGHT to express your opinion.. and they have the right to express theirs by censoring what you say ON THEIR BOARDS. You can say whatever you want in the privacy of your own home but if you come into my house and start screaming at the top of your lungs about things I don't agree with then I have the right to toss you out... same thing here. You are free to go to rebelscum and talk your heart out about how bad SS is and nobody will stop you because its not their boards.

I can see your point. If they were my servers, I wouldn't want someone to point out all the things I was doing wrong. If Sideshow didn't want our opinions, why do they ask?

King Darkness said:
:monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

You should stay far away from the Sandbox:eek:

I appreciate the warning KD, but I've seen it. And the stuff I haven't seen has been reported to me by the good friends I've made here.

Fact is, I don't much care what someone says about me when they're too cowardly to say it to my face. I know who my friends are. Arguments I can handle, but stabs in the back are beneath notice.

Having said that, I'm onlly recently getting into the Sandbox, and I find it a lot of fun.

Customikey said:
I appreciate the warning KD, but I've seen it. And the stuff I haven't seen has been reported to me by the good friends I've made here.

Fact is, I don't much care what someone says about me when they're too cowardly to say it to my face. I know who my friends are. Arguments I can handle, but stabs in the back are beneath notice.

Having said that, I'm onlly recently getting into the Sandbox, and I find it a lot of fun.

You know I'm always willing to call you a ****** bag to your face Mickey!!!

And I would hope you would pay me the same respect:D

Oh yeah.....a later mail wasn't censored (sent from my PC rather than my Mac..maybe that's it SS don't like Macs). So

SIDESHOW YOU ARE FORGIVEN....Thanks for giving me more than my constitutional rights for allowing me to moan on your server.

And Mikey, King D guys..stop dissing each other. Or I'll bang heads together!
(oh no that's why I couldn't teach...you can't do that these days grrrrrrr):emperor

One thing to understand about this whole commenting thing is that it's not an exact science (on ANY public message board), and there are multiple people taking turns at moderating... plus sometimes things DO get deleted on accident (for instance, during Toy Fair, the servers were getting hit with a ton more traffic then usual, and some comments just never showed up). I go back and read through them now and then, and I think they usually show a pretty well-rounded set of viewpoints (especially anytime there's a new Star Wars product!)... it was only the incredible FLOODING of the Krusade that really got to me... all the caps/shouting by the same 3 people was a bit much :lol Plus, if all the post says is "SIDESHOW SUX, I'M NEVER BUYING ANYTHING FROM YOU AGAIN - YOU RAPED MY CHILDHOOD!" - really, how useful is that to the public debate...

kodiak8658 said:
If Sideshow didn't want our opinions, why do they ask?

Just because they aren't all approved doesn't mean they aren't read, passed along, and digested - one of the benefits of moderation is that SOMEONE actually sees it :duff

SideshowDusty said:
One thing to understand about this whole commenting thing is that it's not an exact science (on ANY public message board), and there are multiple people taking turns at moderating... plus sometimes things DO get deleted on accident (for instance, during Toy Fair, the servers were getting hit with a ton more traffic then usual, and some comments just never showed up). I go back and read through them now and then, and I think they usually show a pretty well-rounded set of viewpoints (especially anytime there's a new Star Wars product!)... it was only the incredible FLOODING of the Krusade that really got to me... all the caps/shouting by the same 3 people was a bit much :lol Plus, if all the post says is "SIDESHOW SUX, I'M NEVER BUYING ANYTHING FROM YOU AGAIN - YOU RAPED MY CHILDHOOD!" - really, how useful is that to the public debate...

Just because they aren't all approved doesn't mean they aren't read, passed along, and digested - one of the benefits of moderation is that SOMEONE actually sees it :duff

TVDude goes all shy and blushes a horrible shade of red:
"My comments were not nasty, Dusty, just moany! Probably why my nephews and nieces in your neck of the woods know me as "Uncle Grumpy"

Aw shucks!:eek:

thamesvalidude said:
TVDude goes all shy and blushes a horrible shade of red:
"My comments were not nasty, Dusty, just moany! Probably why my nephews and nieces in your neck of the woods know me as "Uncle Grumpy"

Aw shucks!:eek:

:lol Didn't say it was, as, I in fact, have no idea which comment brought this whole discussion on!

Plus, just so you know, if it were up to me, I'd make every figure that everyone ever wanted in their lives, no matter if only one person would end up buying it... but it's not in any way up to me, which is a good thing because Sideshow would probably go under if I did that!... plus it means more business for the customizers out there ;)

"Uncle Grumpy"... classic!

Last edited:
SideshowDusty said:
Plus, if all the post says is "SIDESHOW SUX, I'M NEVER BUYING ANYTHING FROM YOU AGAIN - YOU RAPED MY CHILDHOOD!" - really, how useful is that to the public debate...

Just forward any messages like this on to George Lucas - somehow you must be getting his mail.

Back