Its BUBO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks like the leather harness on Bubo is a seperate piece! Sweet! That is some cool attention to detail, and some unnecessary extra sculpting for a background guy like Bubo. I hope he has a little more to add to the throne display, but I can't wait for this guy! I love ILM creatures!

Darth Loki said:
Kit, please step off the ledge. I'm sure a real announcement will be coming shortly. Think of this as just a tide me over until Toy Fair.

I am not on the ledge. Not surprised at all. Just disappointed. Oh well, I will still get it to go with the jabba set up, but I was really hoping to kick 2007 off with a bigger announcement than this "character".

So if he has the chain, and the collar, won't he need someone to hold it? I am almost positive we will see another character involved.

LOTRFan said:
So if he has the chain, and the collar, won't he need someone to hold it? I am almost positive we will see another character involved.

But wouldn't that be a Jawa?

In that case they would have called it a "Jawa Creature Pack" and everybody would be jumping up and down with glee right now.

EDIT: Maybe the Jawa is the Sideshow exclusive--then it will be the retailers jumping up and down with glee.

jason2885 said:
I think the Hoover is a good possiblity.
dallasfisher6.jpg

Hoover does seem to be the best bet.

Unless they put some made-up thing like that mini-varactyl whatever in.

tomandshell said:
But wouldn't that be a Jawa?

In that case they would have called it a "Jawa Creature Pack" and everybody would be jumping up and down with glee right now.

Do you see now why I said that before, Tom?

It doesn't take long...

I'm still giddy with glee, Bubo isn't a disappointment at all, and I can't wait the month until Toy Fair to see what comes next!

tomandshell said:
Pack:

A group of people or things

OR

Compressed into a pack; packed

I'm trying to decide if the term "pack" implicitly means more than one item or not. If they are just using "pack" in the sense of a package, then it could just be Bubo. I'm not convinced that their referring to it as a creature pack guarantees us more than one creature inside. Let's be prepared just in case it's only Bubo.
I think it has got to be more then one thing. When I hear pack, I don't think of just one guy or creature.
I can't wait to see what else he'll come with.

KitFisto said:
I am not on the ledge. Not surprised at all. Just disappointed. Oh well, I will still get it to go with the jabba set up, but I was really hoping to kick 2007 off with a bigger announcement than this "character".

I aree. Even though in the grand scheme of things, this really won't matter and those who don't want Bubo can simply pass over him. But seeing as how it is the 30th anniversary, I don't know if it was the wisest marketing move. The Star Wars line has been slowly ebbing with lame announcements. My 2 cents.

Wor-Gar said:
Hoover does seem to be the best bet.

Unless they put some made-up thing like that mini-varactyl whatever in.
Well the dwarf varactyl is what Worrt eats in his closeup in the movie.

screamingmetal said:
I think it has got to be more then one thing. When I hear pack, I don't think of just one guy or creature.

I'd love it if he came with a couple of sculpted tiles to represent Jabba's Trap Door Floor. I've been thinking about how to make those myself for the display.

screamingmetal said:

Well, I'm guessing the inclusive/exclusive will be itty bitty things, a hoover would be great but it isn't itty bitty... or do I not know what a hoover is?

Cagoda said:
I aree. Even though in the grand scheme of things, this really won't matter and those who don't want Bubo can simply pass over him. But seeing as how it is the 30th anniversary, I don't know if it was the wisest marketing move. The Star Wars line has been slowly ebbing with lame announcements. My 2 cents.

Lame to you, Commander, not to this forum. This forum is now the ultimate power in the universe!! I suggest we buy it.

Wor-Gar said:
Remember this...

Jabbas_Court_3_pack_L.jpg

We got two of these guys now...could B'omaar Monk be in the cards?

Not in this "pack"... but maybe some day.
I hope so, the B'omaar Monk is just too cool to skip. If they can make a creature I haven't heard of or really noticed on screen (Bubo), they have to make a B'omaar Monk which I clearly remember seeing.
Then I want a Amanaman.

Back