It’s mostly aliens. Mostly.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Much better now. 😌

IMG_2402.jpeg

I like the book that the cup is sitting on. ;)
Yes, it’s really cool. Fun anecdote regarding that: I’m currently playing Aliens Dark Descent, and at one point in the game you’re in a ship that’s the same as the Nostromo, and since I had seen the blueprints of the ship in that book, I knew exactly where they wanted me to go without looking at the in game map. 😀

Yes, it’s really cool. Fun anecdote regarding that: I’m currently playing Aliens Dark Descent, and at one point in the game you’re in a ship that’s the same as the Nostromo, and since I had seen the blueprints of the ship in that book, I knew exactly where they wanted me to go without looking at the in game map. 😀

I've not played the game yet, so the layout is the same as the one in the book? That's great if so, I was not aware of that.

I've not played the game yet, so the layout is the same as the one in the book? That's great if so, I was not aware of that.
I love the game, nearing the end now. I almost gave up on it early on, when I was just bad at it.

But yeah, the layout is the correct one, so the subquests for “go to the AI room” and after that “go to the hyper sleep chamber” was easy.

Yet another screen accurate cup added to my weird collection. This time a quite obscure piece, but I hope the half eaten donut (that I made from Fimo clay to go with it) is good enough of a hint. 😌

IMG_2667.jpeg

By the way, I have two of these so if someone would be interested in buying one, DM me.

IMG_2692.png

Last edited:
Got some stuff added to the collection today. First of all I picked up and hung my now framed queen, and then this 1989 portfolio with plates by Mark A. Nelson showed up in the mail. 🥰 I guess they should also go up on a wall in the near future.

IMG_2698.jpeg
IMG_2700.jpeg

Oh cool, the old Dark Horse portfolio. I love the art from the original comics. The new Marvel series just doesn't cut it for me.

Oh cool, the old Dark Horse portfolio. I love the art from the original comics. The new Marvel series just doesn't cut it for me.
Yeah, that style looks so good. One day I will try to make my way through the four Aliens The Original Years Omnibus volumes (published by Marvel) that I’ve bought, but I actually haven’t read anything new from Marvel.

You may well be the only person in the world who collects Alien-based cups! Though I was recently listening to a radio discussion on collectibles, and a guy called in who said that he and at least one other person collect wrappers and packaging from fireworks, so you never know.

Very cool collection.

You may well be the only person in the world who collects Alien-based cups! Though I was recently listening to a radio discussion on collectibles, and a guy called in who said that he and at least one other person collect wrappers and packaging from fireworks, so you never know.

Very cool collection.
Haha, yes that could very well be true, at least there are probably not many of us. 😅

I’ve seen posts now and then where people have asked about some of the cups at least, for example the one that Ripley serves Gorman his coffee in, and of course the Tupperware ones from the Nostromo, helping me identifying them. However, the Aliens/doughnut one I ID’d all by myself, with some help from knowing they also used other Bodum cups in Alien 3 (I of course have one of those on the way too 🫣).

Another day, another screen accurate cup added to the collection. This one is from Alien 3, found in Superintendent Andrews’ office.

IMG_2741.jpeg

I also received the gold and silver Nostromo boarding tickets today, that I got for a very reasonable price off of an auction.

IMG_2743.jpeg

IMG_2742.jpeg

Back