It will be illegal to resell toys after february 10th 2009

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prolly something baby clothes and toy makers were behind so people would buy new stuff.

That is also why people are forcefed they need to have kids, so you will spends tons of money on that crap. Imagine if people stopped having so many damn kids, lots of businesses would go belly up.

Kind of what this whole thing smells like to me... can't buy used stuff cause its now illegal, but guess we'll just make more new stuff for you to buy :rolleyes:

If this actually gets enforced I forsee a banner sales year from kids clothing.

Unfortunately, you're both wrong. Both of these (baby clothes makers and toy companies) will have to pay extra now for the inspections, since everything new has to have a sticker on it (official testing requirements). The industries will suffer because of this... they are not in on it. Once again, President Bush and Congress are behind this. Companies have no say.

They are also going after maternity clothing next.

Welcome to the very beginning of a NEW WORLD ORDER

My Voltron is made of lead or has lead in it. I remember they had a recall but I kept mine thinking it would be worth more when I got older.

https://www.cpsc.gov/ABOUT/Cpsia/108rfc.pdf

Subsection 108(e) defines ‘‘children’s toy’’ as “a consumer product designed or intended by the manufacturer for a child 12 years of age or younger for use by the child when the child plays.”
A ‘‘child care article’’ is defined as “a consumer product designed or intended by the manufacturer to facilitate sleep or the feeding of children age 3 and younger, or to help such children with sucking or teething.” A toy is considered a “toy that can be placed in a child’s mouth”…“if any part of the toy can actually be brought to the mouth and kept in the mouth by a
child so that it can be sucked and chewed. If the children’s product can only be licked, it is not regarded as able to be placed in the mouth. If a toy or part of a toy in one dimension is smaller than 5 centimeters, it can be placed in the mouth.”

Lets create the Kids toys Black Market!!! We can set up back alley sales of legos and hello kitty toys.

Prolly something baby clothes and toy makers were behind so people would buy new stuff.

That is also why people are forcefed they need to have kids, so you will spends tons of money on that crap. Imagine if people stopped having so many damn kids, lots of businesses would go belly up.

Yeah, and how many would be without a job....We need jobs to feed all these people..It's a vicious circle..

New lead safety act will not include resale shops

Posted:<SCRIPT language=JavaScript>var wn_last_ed_date = getLEDate("Jan 8, 2009 4:38 PM EST"); document.write(wn_last_ed_date);</SCRIPT> Jan 8, 2009 04:38 PM EST
Updated:<SCRIPT language=JavaScript>var wn_last_ed_date = getLEDate("Jan 8, 2009 6:31 PM EST"); document.write(wn_last_ed_date);</SCRIPT> Jan 8, 2009 06:31 PM EST

UPDATE: The Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) announced on Thursday, January 8 that the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA) that sellers of used children's products such as thrift stores and consignment stores are not required to certify the products.
The law, which takes effect February 10, requires retailers of new children's products to certify the lead safety through a third party. Read more from CPSC.

Just the beginning of the democratic nightmare.

disgusted.gif

just read 1984 and you see exactly what we are all in for.

the Sheeple dont want to believe that there is an illuminati elite and that they want to create a One World Government and a New World Order...the dollar is going to implode and bring in a cashless society where everything is tracked and traced and they want to chip the sheep with Rid implantable chips...you cannot hold a job,buy or sell,have a bank account without the chip (666). hmmm I believe Revelations in the Bible speaks of this....but the ignorant will have to learn the hard way

Back