It will be illegal to resell toys after february 10th 2009

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this is nothing more than total control of the sheeple....beginning of total dictatorship! soon there will be a cashless society where there will be no private transactions and all things bought and sold will be tracked and traced...dont believe me? Oh it will happen!
Your already in the Grid by using Credit Cards and using Direct Deposit for being paid.Caught up in Paypal thinking how wonderful these things are!
All to condition you to accept a cashless system.Wake up!

then a National ID Card, with an tracking Rid chip, is in place and or a implantable RID chip going into your hand or head....this stuff is coming and coming soon
1st the New World Order needs to implode our economy and destroy the dollar and bring in a one world money system (cashless)

if you havnt seen Aaron Russo's Freedom to Fascism, I highly reccomend you do.All Americans need to see this documentary of truth if you even care about your liberties and Freedoms

Ridiculous. I wonder how Ebay will react.

They will probably start removing toys from their site that were originally sold to children under 10 and are not in packaging or have been listed as used. Anything that gets tagged as 10 and under would count but most stuff is tagged for ages ____ and older now....I wonder how the regulation will deal with that. Although if it stems from the Chinese factory lead paint thing, the old Batman Mattel figures and Disney Cars toys were included in that round up....

I think that enough Americans have the "resources and manpower to stop it".:D

The funny thing is you are right and I'm sure they'll be a taskforce created and money thown at them to save the public. This reminds me of the Simpsons' Bear Patrol episode...

No normal american person in their right mind is going to self inforce this. Also what costitutes a "childrens" toy? It is anything made for somebody 10 and under?

Anything specifically marketed that way...it'll effect collectors of older toys and things along those lines more than modern stuff.

Hmmmm...so far I think it only applies to children's toys, not collectibles.

Depends on what you are constituting a collectible. Will HT stuff still be sold of course but people who collect old Super Powers, Secret Wars, GI Joe, Mego, etc might have a bit to worry about depending on how the lines are drawn.

This has passed. You can thank President Bush for that one.

Are there any news articles that give any details about this though? It seems that if this were as cut and dry and some think that it would be making a bigger splash due to the impact it has on the second hand stores.

I don't doubt that a similar law was proposed but I'd be really surprised if a hard and fast law regarding the reselling of children's clothes is going into effect.

so whats the penalty for such a mindless act?:monkey1 this will just be another stupid law that police and whoever wont really give a crap about......what r they going to do?, start raiding garage sales with SWAT teams........if any police officer or anyone as far as that goes has time to outlaw toy sales, they prolly have way too much time on their hands, much bigger fish to fry then this crap.

Are there any news articles that give any details about this though? It seems that if this were as cut and dry and some think that it would be making a bigger splash due to the impact it has on the second hand stores.

I don't doubt that a similar law was proposed but I'd be really surprised if a hard and fast law regarding the reselling of children's clothes is going into effect.

I'm not sure about news articles. I only know about it because my mom and aunt have a custom baby clothing store that will be affected by this, so i've heard plenty about it.

I cannot believe this BS. Well... looks like I'll be having my yard sale in the snow to get rid of all my toddler toys and such....

I'm not sure about news articles. I only know about it because my mom and aunt have a custom baby clothing store that will be affected by this, so i've heard plenty about it.

I finally found a very short article about it on the net. It said most people in your mom and aunt's situation don't even know about it yet. It also said the law is very broad right now and that it'll be devastating to second hand shops, especially those that deal in children's clothes. It really sounds strange to me.

It'll be very difficult to enforce this on the yard sale side of it.

I'm sure for some businesses, this will be devastating. And on that basis alone, it should (and probably will) be repealed or severely weakened.

But for the rest of us, the law will be largely unenforceable. Maybe some eBay auctions will get flagged and shut down, but most will go unnoticed. And private sellers in garage sales, on craigslist, and other venues will be completely unaffected. I'm certainly not going to issue myself a cease and desist order if I decide to put some toys in a garage sale ;), or at the local auction house (which deals with so much stuff every Saturday that they don't have the time or manpower to filter out "10 and under" toys).

From the tone of the article it's the clothing side that's really going to take the hit if the law remains unaltered. The toys were barely mentioned.

Prolly something baby clothes and toy makers were behind so people would buy new stuff.

That is also why people are forcefed they need to have kids, so you will spends tons of money on that crap. Imagine if people stopped having so many damn kids, lots of businesses would go belly up.

Prolly something baby clothes and toy makers were behind so people would buy new stuff.

Kind of what this whole thing smells like to me... can't buy used stuff cause its now illegal, but guess we'll just make more new stuff for you to buy :rolleyes:

If this actually gets enforced I forsee a banner sales year from kids clothing.

I thought that this was supposed to be only for toys that have been recalled because of lead?

Back