Is Wolverine Ugly or is it just SideShow?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, I didn't notice they were all hideous.

I hope Sideshow releases a more attractive sculpt on the new PF they are doing of him - but it's doubtful considering Gambits isn't very attractive and Gambit is supposed to be the good looking one.

Wolverine isn't a model. He's not handsome in a traditional sense. I think SSC did a good job on the comiquette. It is by far my favorite in costume Wolverine statue.

2929_press01-001.jpg

I think this is the best

This looks like Wolverine is passing a really difficult dump.

After searching for 30 minutes I couldn't find any nice close-ups of his face as he usually appears in modern comics. I found a million pictures of Hugh Jackman.

Type "Logan Marvel Comics" or "Wolverine Marvel Comics" if you want to avoid the Jackman assault. :lecture

Like any comic character whose been around for 20+ years, Wolverine has different interpretations.

Classicly, he's not supposed to be extremely handsome, nor particularly ugly. But he's short. So to someone like Cyclops he's little, and especially to Colossus who regularly throws him.
Logan-Jean-Grey.jpg
03476.jpg

In Ultimate comics he was intended to be taller and more attractive

I know this is about him being ugly or not, but here's some Marvel height comparisons, which should be the same as the official Marvel.com/characters:
5' - Mariko
5'3" - Wolverine
5'6" - Jean Grey, Kitty Pryde, X-23
5'8" - Rogue, Iceman
5'9" - Elektra, Lady Deathstrike, Nightcrawler
5'10" - Spider-Man
6' - Daredevil, Havok, Black Panther, Thing, Prof. X, Quicksilver
6'1" - Gambit
6'2" - Captain America, Deadpool
6'3" - Cyclops
6'6" - Sabretooth, Colossus (human form), Thor
7'5" - Colossus (steel)

Hunnipot85 nailed it. I think SSC's Wolverine's are fine. It's Gambit they can't get right. Gambit & Wolverine are 2 of my favorite PFs, but Gambit's cig head and the LSB just look way too old with the crow's feet around the eyes. Gambit often looks rugged in the comics, particularly during the Jim Lee days (far right pic), but he's not the 50 year old man SSC makes him look. SSC's Tony Stark looks younger by comparison.

Comics:
tumblr_lz3tamuchv1qbrpgvo1_r2_500.jpg
Uncanny_X-Men_Vol_1_372.jpg
665659-5.jpg

LSB:
092211gambit_02.jpg

I tend to think it's Sideshow, myself...

I only have two Wolverine pieces in my collection, masked, and they're both, ironically, not Sideshow pieces:

- the original Bowen Wolverine on Sentinel

and

- The DF Ross/Hill 1:1 Bust

In both cases, you can see the 'Byrne' influence all over them and they look great.

every artist has different style of how Wolverine should look. I like Jim Lee's drawing of him. He is half man and half beast.

Sideshow has totally done him justice with the recent PF (well, masked head anyway) and LSF.

1:1 scale bust does look a bit freaky to me, however.

I don't know if he's ugly or not, but I can tell you I'm damn sick of the yellow costume. We've seen it from Sideshow WAY too many times.

I have been praying for jeans, a white shirt and his leather jacket. But it's always the ugly yellow crap. It's the thing keeping me from buying a Wolverine piece.

I have been praying for jeans, a white shirt and his leather jacket. But it's always the ugly yellow crap. It's the thing keeping me from buying a Wolverine piece.

Sideshow has got something for you....if you don't care about the face that is.

249_0.jpg
header.jpg

Back