Is this a clue to the HT Joker in Police Uniform?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I checked the swatch against V1's coat, and the colour is exactly the same. My guess is this is a swatch from the fabric used to create the actual costume overcoat (the sort of thing you often see in 'costume card' pack ins with movie-based trading card packs).

well we can be sure its not the fabric used for the film's overcoat. since the coat in the film is made of wool, and the figure's coat is not.

If it is the same fabric as the film coat and color matches the first figure, really makes you wonder what about the figure or the film coat causes the color issues.

It is very hard to make the figure's purple really show up, but the film seemed more vibrant a purple most of the time and only occassionally looking as dark as the figure.

well i highly doubt Hot toys has swatches from the film's overcoat.

Not true. Having swatches doesn't mean they took Ledger's coat and hacked it up, all it would take is WB's prop department to have extra of the fabric and may have even sent it to Hot Toys for assembling their figure.

Not true. Having swatches doesn't mean they took Ledger's coat and hacked it up, all it would take is WB's prop department to have extra of the fabric and may have even sent it to Hot Toys for assembling their figure.

haha i know what swatches means mate, i do screen accurate costuming. im just saying that if hot toys got swatches of ledgers coat they probably would have made a more accurate 1:6 coat for their V1 joker. they said they did the inner liner of the coat in a red hue, because they didnt know the actual coat had an orange liner. im just saying its highly unlikely the swatches they sent out have any connection with the TDK film itself

Well depending on what the reason for these swatches being mailed out is, it's possible they got fabric after they made the first Joker. If cop includes a new jacket or they release a 4th figure of sorts with the purple coat, they may have acquired fabric from the source to make a better figure. I just don't see any reason to think they didn't get their hands on fabric from the film.

Nice detective work whoever spied that from the first film, i KNEW it had to be something from either movie. Think about it though, why would they have used that from the first film and not the recent one?! Seems strange to me.

If it is the same fabric as the film coat and color matches the first figure, really makes you wonder what about the figure or the film coat causes the color issues.

It is very hard to make the figure's purple really show up, but the film seemed more vibrant a purple most of the time and only occassionally looking as dark as the figure.

That's because of the colour timing in post production. Same thing with Qui-gon's poncho in The Phantom Menace. THe actual wardrobe was blue, but in the film it is tan. Just the sort of thing you can do in post.

haha i know what swatches means mate, i do screen accurate costuming. im just saying that if hot toys got swatches of ledgers coat they probably would have made a more accurate 1:6 coat for their V1 joker. they said they did the inner liner of the coat in a red hue, because they didnt know the actual coat had an orange liner. im just saying its highly unlikely the swatches they sent out have any connection with the TDK film itself

The colour match is dead on...

D. Martin said:
That's because of the colour timing in post production. Same thing with Qui-gon's poncho in The Phantom Menace. THe actual wardrobe was blue, but in the film it is tan. Just the sort of thing you can do in post.

D. Martin said:
The colour match is dead on...

Not really sure what you're talking about to be honest. The actual coat IS a bright Purple and the liner IS Orange. Has nothing to due "colour timing in post production" or anything else you're going on about. HT messed up. Period.

This is a pic of the actual suit from the film:
2718085458_12272c7052_o.jpg

And a Promo shot:
dk08hl0017qp9.jpg

The difference in coloring between the film jacket and the HT figure is simply a mistake on HT's part.

And here's pics of the actual Cop Suits worn by the Joker from a SSF member:

I got to work on this movie as a police extra when it filmed in '07. This scene was the first I worked on and we shot it for 3 of the 7 days I was on it for. Heres some pics of me in uniform. I got to wear the same uniform as Ledger so we'll see how accurate Hot Toys got with it.

copcar.jpg

DSCF5148.jpg

DSC00932.jpg

He and all his goons had the Dawes name tag on.

Not really sure what you're talking about to be honest. The actual coat IS a bright Purple and the liner IS Orange. Has nothing to due "colour timing in post production" or anything else you're going on about. HT messed up. Period.

On Harue's website it says they made it. Well, I mean it's in their portfolio anyway. https://www.ha-rue.com/3/01.php

So did they mess up? or was it Hot Toys art direction that messed it up?...

So did they mess up? or was it Hot Toys art direction that messed it up?...

Hard to say, but it's pretty clear as day in the very reference photos they used that it's an orange shade on the interior of the coats.

darknight430.jpg

The other question is what happened with the under shirt, HT's isn't that blue.

HT's is a white shirt with blue patterning, but the film shirt is a fully grey/blue tone.

tdk018av7.jpg

Which the Harue proto captured, and the lapels on the purple coat were more accurrately placed.

Back