Is there any Collectible you bought and later regretted?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
None of my recent things I regret, but I have boxes and boxes and boxes of action figures and other "collectibles" that I wish I had the money back that I spent on them.
I feel the same way. I could live off the money I spent on GI Joes, Marvel Legends, Kubricks, etc., for a year.

None of my recent things I regret, but I have boxes and boxes and boxes of action figures and other "collectibles" that I wish I had the money back that I spent on them.

Thats exactly what I was thinking when I saw this thread. I look at my shelves and see all the little kitchy chinsy stuff and think why did I get all that crap.

Oh yeah! A great many of them! :D

Most of my Star Wars collection! I've realized to late I didn't care anymore about SW!

My HT resident evil figs... My deunan and her sidekick, most of my predators (one would have been more than enough!). at the time, I was a completist. I bought all the variants! Thanks to Sideshow, this has changed! The day I realized they would never again release a PZ variant for those who had missed the first one, I've decided to retaliate by carefully selecting what I want and never buy a variant again! :D

Thats exactly what I was thinking when I saw this thread. I look at my shelves and see all the little kitchy chinsy stuff and think why did I get all that crap.

Don't feel bad, it's all part of the road to the things you buy now. I bet each thing tells a story and leads on to the next.
You probably wouldn't even be writing on this forum if you didn't have all that crud on your shelf (or in boxes under your bed/in your loft), it's what makes us 'collector geeks' tick! And you can guarantee the moment you get rid of it, within a year there'll be new interest in whatever it was and either
A- You'll wish you still had it.
or
B- It'll be worth a small fortune, and you virtually gave it away!

Don't feel bad, it's all part of the road to the things you buy now. I bet each thing tells a story and leads on to the next.
You probably wouldn't even be writing on this forum if you didn't have all that crud on your shelf (or in boxes under your bed/in your loft), it's what makes us 'collector geeks' tick! And you can guarantee the moment you get rid of it, within a year there'll be new interest in whatever it was and either
A- You'll wish you still had it.
or
B- It'll be worth a small fortune, and you virtually gave it away!

Yeah, you're probably right.

You probably wouldn't even be writing on this forum if you didn't have all that crud on your shelf (or in boxes under your bed/in your loft), it's what makes us 'collector geeks' tick!...

Aye, its all part of the evolution of the collector. I've always been one. As soon as I got one action figure I had to have all the others, even when I was little, one was never enough.

I never got the "hell yes"-feeling when I got my Alien diorama, guess I just bought it because I already had Aliens and Alien3 diorama. So i'm planning to sell that one cause I regret buying it, other then that I'm happy with my other collectibles.

the GG LOTR mini-busts. the line started out alright but then they started releasing strange character choices. video game characters, garden gnomes, and twillight galadriels. WTF????:confused:

SS Yavin Luke...
that's the only figure I've ever regretted buying... and returned...
Some loose appeal over the years, and I sell them, but not because I don't like them,
it's more that I need space and money for cooler stuff!

A lot ...unfortunately , like Spiderman Flagpole statue ( unmasked version ) , and i got bored of my star wars gentle giant busts , i spend a lot of money on them and now i want to get rid of them.. i think that this may happen to the most of the collectors out there , as the years passing you are chosing what suits best for you .I actually like the most of the SS statues but i cannot have them all .

I feel the same way. I could live off the money I spent on GI Joes, Marvel Legends, Kubricks, etc., for a year.

Glad I dumped off all my old Marvel Legends and he previous Toy Biz Marvel Universe while they were still worth something.

I do have several Famous Covers boxed up in the attic. Some look good (Spidey, Hulk, Iron Man) but most look awful now.

Can't think of much I've regretted buying... I know a few times I've over spent (which can be regrettable) but usually I'm happy with the figure.

I do try and find the cheapest price whenever possible, that way if I do decide to sell I can at least break even.

Ah, but I did think of one figure I was very unimpressed by. The Medicom Rocketeer V2... that figure was just weak IMO, and I sold it pretty quickly.

The more I think about it the more I want to say all of my 12inch figures. I enjoy the PF's more and they are much easier to maintain and overall look much nicer. Now that figures cost more I would rather buy a PF than 2 or 3 figures. If I weren't so lazy I would offer all my SW 12inch figures at a crazy price just to get rid of them. Save for my Dark Jedi Luke. I will NEVER sell him!

Can't believe I'm going to say this , but both Medicom Boba and Jango Fett, NOT because they are bad figures, just that I don't think that they are now or were then worth the money I paid for them. $170 each after shipping. I thought that they would be hard to find later, oh well.

Back