Is there any Collectible you bought and later regretted?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I know what you mean. Sometimes I think this whole 1/6 collecting of mine has gotten out of control. It was just supposed to be the joker :lol. No, I love every figure I've obtained in the last year. Just need t make sure I don't buy anything I have any mixed feelings on whatsoever.

I didnt want mine to fall over so I grabbed a wooden plaque from the craft store, painted it black, laid it flat, put some felt on the bottom & gorrila glued the Alien to it. Instant base for $3.00!
great idea. too bad NECA didn't think of it 1st.
from now on, my $$ is going to figure makers who know how gravity works.

Yeah I know what you mean. Sometimes I think this whole 1/6 collecting of mine has gotten out of control. It was just supposed to be the joker :lol. No, I love every figure I've obtained in the last year. Just need t make sure I don't buy anything I have any mixed feelings on whatsoever.

I said it earlier. I think I am done with 12 inch figures for good. They can keep them.

I said it earlier. I think I am done with 12 inch figures for good. They can keep them.

Yep. I am very glad I got out of this line a while ago along with many other lines. Too much money on crap I usually take a loss on later just to get rid of it. I made profit on some stuff, but not most of it. In the end much of it just ended up being a big waste.

Yep. I am very glad I got out of this line a while ago along with many other lines. Too much money on crap I usually take a loss on later just to get rid of it. I made profit on some stuff, but not most of it. In the end much of it just ended up being a big waste.

I have to agree with you. The only 12 inch figures that hold their value are some of the Hot Toys ones. But I never collected for value. I liked the Star Wars 12 inch line but I am out of room. I would rather get rid of them and buy more of Sideshow's PF's. They are much better quality IMO. I also sold all my Hot Toys stuff too. Think I will buy statues if anything from here on out. I also won't stick to a particular movie. I would like to have 1 or two statues for every movie I like. Star Wars I will make and exception for if they do something I REALLY like! Like Jedi Luke. I would buy that in a heartbeat. I really want the Conan PF. The PF's I have now or left should I say is Vader, Luke and Yoda, Maul, Indy, King Leonidas. I would like to add Conan and get my Boba back. That's about it.

I am thinking of selling all of my 12 inch Star Wars for like $600 or $700 as is. That is like 28 or more figures. :lol Big loss on them too. Most are the exclusives. :horror

Probably the Babysitter Spooktacular version. It's a nice figure but it doesn't really fit with my PF's. I think I really got it because with the excitement of Spooktacular I was just in a spending mood. Plus I liked the shirt. :monkey3

I think I'd love PF's if they were smaller. Mixed media is really cool. I would go nuts for 1/6 scale premium formats. Though posing them can be refreshing to mix things up. Building custom figures is also awesome and is what is keeping me in the hobby.

I understand people choosing Statues and busts over figures, but if you buy according to license, sometimes there are no choices.
Example- Some of my fav movies are Terminator, Rocky and Rambo.
Sure I can buy Life size busts for Terminator.
But for Rocky and Rambo, unless I go with the legendary scale stuff (which sucks by the way), You have to go with Hot Toys 1/6....
I think if you like the license enough, sometimes the medium does not matter as long as it is well done

I think I'd love PF's if they were smaller. Mixed media is really cool.....

:lecture The only piece I regret buying is The Thing PF, not because I don't LOVE it, It's an awesome statue...but because at the end it's a space eater! and One day he'll have to go

I understand people choosing Statues and busts over figures, but if you buy according to license, sometimes there are no choices.
Example- Some of my fav movies are Terminator, Rocky and Rambo.
Sure I can buy Life size busts for Terminator.
But for Rocky and Rambo, unless I go with the legendary scale stuff (which sucks by the way), You have to go with Hot Toys 1/6....
I think if you like the license enough, sometimes the medium does not matter as long as it is well done

I fully understand! For me though I was limiting myself to certain licenses therefore trying to become a completionist. For me I want to be able to have a few pieces or one from all the movies I like. I think it will give variety to my collection and not just be a Star Wars room. It will be more of a collectible room I guess in a way. I have given it a lot of thought. I love my Indy and Leonidas statues. Plus my Vader and Luke and Yoda. Would like to add more from that way of thinking. Maul, meh....he is a cool character but you know what? I don't love new movies nearly as much as I do the OT. So he can go if need be. Although he probably is one of the coolest characters to represent the new movies. That's why I have struggled to get rid of him.

... Although he probably is one of the coolest characters to represent the new movies. That's why I have struggled to get rid of him.

If you have the Anakin PF I think that's all the representation you need from the new movies IMO

Toys...they are the only collectibles I regret buying...glad I stopped (with the exception of some Hot Toys 1/6 scale stuff) but I'm talking collectible toys made by companies like McFarlane, Hasbro, etc.

I fully understand! For me though I was limiting myself to certain licenses therefore trying to become a completionist. For me I want to be able to have a few pieces or one from all the movies I like. I think it will give variety to my collection and not just be a Star Wars room. It will be more of a collectible room I guess in a way. I have given it a lot of thought. I love my Indy and Leonidas statues. Plus my Vader and Luke and Yoda. Would like to add more from that way of thinking. Maul, meh....he is a cool character but you know what? I don't love new movies nearly as much as I do the OT. So he can go if need be. Although he probably is one of the coolest characters to represent the new movies. That's why I have struggled to get rid of him.

Yes.
I love the Maul PF.
I have gone the ways of the Sideshow 1/6 for Starwars and am completely happy.
Its a nice little side project while I wait for bigger items. At $30-45 shipped for each, I could care less where the value goes from there. plus I think Star Wars is the kind of license you want ALL the major characters represented since its soo epic and everyone from leia, luke, anakin, Qui-gonn add a little flavor to the Star Wars Universe...
But I always wanted the Maul PF. it does not fit my collection, but it was the first Sideshow piece I ever saw. one day....

Medicom darth maul. Bought him for $140. As soon as tried to pose him his leg snapped at the hip. Bought a new body for him and the leg snapped again. Ended up selling him for $75 broken. This experience is why i will never own another medicom figure.

Another one I just thought of was Ash. . . ugh, I don't know what they were thinking with that headsculpt, but it's almost as bad as Pam. Bought it purely because there was that AoD merch resurgence a while back.

As far as recent stuff goes, the biggest regret I've had of any collectible to date would be the POS Sideshow Holochair Darth Sidious. Not only could the chair NOT support the weight of the very heavy Palps (the legs warped until it fell over, no matter how many times I rebalanced it), the damn base cracked and crumbled when I attempted to remove the hologram figure. This was seriously the worst $50+ I've spent on anything - ever. Sideshow should seriously refund anyone who wasted money on that piece of garbage.

I couldn't agree more. It's by far the worst Sideshow product I've ever bought.

Agreed here too, took a nose dive 6 feet to the floor after the legs eventually warping from the weight, now its in several pieces

Agreed here too, took a nose dive 6 feet to the floor after the legs eventually warping from the weight, now its in several pieces

Mine sucks too... it didn't crumble, but the switch for the lights got knocked loose and of course the damn thing never really stood :lol

I actually got a return slip, but forgot and missed out on the shipping window :duh

My regrets are

General Grievious mini-bust (lost his sabers on the first day, and what a terrible pose he has), all the Clone Trooper mini busts except Commander Cody.

Medicom BB Batman. :sick

SSC 12" Star Wars...I prefer Hasbro.

I regret buying HT TDK Batman.

Hasbro Star Wars figures that are not articulated or have action features.

All the NECA Watchmen figures. :(

I regret buying Gambit from the X-Men Origins 3 3/4 line.

I regret buying movie posters.. they get kinda tiring after awhile don't you think?

I use to regret buying the SSC Spider Man 3 Venom mini bust...but it looks much better when I scratched out the 3 logo, and repainted it. So now I actally display Venom now. :)

Oh, and I regret buying Encore Omega Supreme...and G1 Jetifre.

Back